Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why does everyone have the same face

Why does Krillin have a nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
He earned it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That looks awful.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair Raditz was significantly stronger than Goku when he died. If the dude had survived who knows?

On the other hand Krillin got strong enough to oneshot three Raditz with a year's training.

can we talk about what an unbelievably massive jump in power this is for krillin, or maybe anyone in the history of dragon ball? it would be like if at the start of the buu saga, krillin were several magnitudes stronger than perfect cell. krillin might seriously be operating at a frieza-level growth curve and nobody's bothered to really tap into that yet

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

krillin would unlock ultra instinct after training with whis for a month

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Nanigans posted:

That looks awful.

Yeah. I’m all for fanart, but those faces do not fit in with Dragonball.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Hjalmar posted:

krillin would unlock ultra instinct after training with whis for a month
That would imply anyone aside from a deity or a Saiyan will ever get to use Ultra Instinct.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

VanSandman posted:

Yeah. I’m all for fanart, but those faces do not fit in with Dragonball.

Dragon balls, well known for the varied character faces

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i have another theory which states that just hanging out in the woods is the most efficient way to get strong

examples:
goku pre-db became bulletproof
yajirobe was stronger than goku by the time we met him
android 17 spent enough time hanging out in the woods that he got in spitting range of the gods

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Calaveron posted:

Dragon balls, well known for the varied character faces

The faces do generally look distinct.

You can argue the hair helps but that fanart has the hair and it doesn’t help them.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Hjalmar posted:

i have another theory which states that just hanging out in the woods is the most efficient way to get strong

examples:
goku pre-db became bulletproof
yajirobe was stronger than goku by the time we met him
android 17 spent enough time hanging out in the woods that he got in spitting range of the gods

Well, when the wilderness contains dinosaurs as a regular thing, you're gonna get up there pretty much by default the longer you stay there, if you live. There's also a LOT of wild country in Dragonball world. There's a lot of woods to hang out in, lots of weird stuff about. Probably because of all the dinosaurs.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

17 getting as strong as he did is absolutely insane but I'm cool with it

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

TheLoneStar posted:

That would imply anyone aside from a deity or a Saiyan Goku will ever get to use Ultra Instinct.

Let's be real here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm sure a bunch of the b tier cast will get ultra instinct once it gets invalidated by the power creep, even if they have to introduce people for it like they did with super saiyan/trunks

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

17 getting as strong as he did is absolutely insane but I'm cool with it

17 probably just learned how to effectively harness having unlimited energy

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
17 was absolutely punching far above his weight limit, he was just cautious and smart about it unlike most characters. His big contributions, like protecting Goku and Vegeta from Jiren's blast, was more about diffusing the situation rather than actively "beating" the blast through raw power.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:stare: $800 for this

https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/status/1005585386838474752

https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/status/1005581528829575170

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

It looks like he's trying to push out a massive dump.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bumper Stickup posted:

It looks like he's trying to push out a massive dump.

That's exactly how he unlocked Super Saiyan Blue.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Nervous posted:

Let's be real here.

Vegeta will do it through pure rage or have Bulma design him something like Whis staff so he can train harder and harder until he unlocks it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Testekill posted:

That's exactly how he unlocked Super Saiyan Blue.

It was plenty of juice, alright.

Prune juice.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

chiasaur11 posted:

It was plenty of juice, alright.

Prune juice.

He cried this time too.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

I feel like a crazy person. In episode 10 of Dragonball Kai (yes I'm rewatching it again, shut up I don't judge you), there's a song that plays when Piccolo, Krillin and Gohan (fail to) execute their plan against Nappa, that I feel like is a very classic DBZ song, but I can't find any record of it or place it. Does anyone know where it's from? It feels iconic to me, but I don't know why or how.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Who on earth would pay $800 for that? Is he a famous comic artist or something?

800 bucks for pencil lines on (probably) computer print paper, that's nuts

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I've been a bit out of the loop DB-wise since Super ended, but I'd like to know if either Toriyama, Nozawa or Toei made any public statement on the multiple huge audience viewings of the last 2 episodes of DBS in Latin America.

Like sure, they were probably illegal viewings, but for an anime to pull such a humongous feat I have to wonder if it didn't bring a smile to their faces. Specially Nozawa who seems like such a cool lady.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

lezard_valeth posted:

I've been a bit out of the loop DB-wise since Super ended, but I'd like to know if either Toriyama, Nozawa or Toei made any public statement on the multiple huge audience viewings of the last 2 episodes of DBS in Latin America.

Like sure, they were probably illegal viewings, but for an anime to pull such a humongous feat I have to wonder if it didn't bring a smile to their faces. Specially Nozawa who seems like such a cool lady.

sorry hispanic goon but japan doesnt give a flying gently caress about international markets
:frog:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

drjuggalo posted:

sorry hispanic goon but japan doesnt give a flying gently caress about international markets

I know they don't, but I mean, at some point during a convention some fan's probably gonna approach Nozawa, Toriyama or someone else from the cast and go "Yo, did you see this" and show them one of the massive audience airings.

Or someone should at least :colbert:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
And they will most likely give a boilerplate answer and then move on.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Parrotine posted:

Who on earth would pay $800 for that? Is he a famous comic artist or something?

800 bucks for pencil lines on (probably) computer print paper, that's nuts

Not especially famous. He's been working on various Teen Titans projects for awhile now, but his style is a bit derivative of Jim Lee and it's kinda hard to make a name for yourself that way. I assume it's on pretty decent paperstock and much larger than you might think, but $800 is whale territory for sure. Not sure why he's just putting it out there instead of taking commissions though. :raise:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Didn't they put out a statement saying they feel that they were definitively illegal and that's the only thing they ever said about them.

They gave this latin market Blanco, that's all the recognition it needed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

lezard_valeth posted:

Every now and then, when I'm feeling down, I try to find a new one to cheer me up. :3: It's always the crowds chanting Freezer and that moment when they finished the final push and there's a silence, a big gasp/no at Freezer and Goku appearing in the stands before the explosion of celebration for Jiren's defeat.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

drjuggalo posted:

yeah this is basically accurate. at best they see it as a weird curiosity, at worst they actively don't like the foreign fanbase and want it to gently caress off.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HitTheTargets posted:

Not especially famous. He's been working on various Teen Titans projects for awhile now, but his style is a bit derivative of Jim Lee and it's kinda hard to make a name for yourself that way. I assume it's on pretty decent paperstock and much larger than you might think, but $800 is whale territory for sure. Not sure why he's just putting it out there instead of taking commissions though. :raise:

11x17 is A3, so it's pretty big. Kinda overpriced, yeah, but custom art is expensive and value is in the eye of the beholder anyway.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The dub cast absolutely killed it on the last, very final, completely conclusive episode of the Future Trunks saga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUPXyZ9bxRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WK_tre4LOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhDly-V05C4

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Genkidama Sword is one of the coolest things ever in DB and by itself proves all the "Super is bad" crowd wrong.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
It's like if Cloud's Buster Sword had a baby with a blue lightsaber.

It's the perfect amount of absolutely ridiculous and awesome.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

And that isn't even its final form.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Can’t wait

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm going to miss Zamasu's voice actor (who is James Marsters, right?) He absolutely killed it in these last few episodes. I'd love to see the in studio video of the voice actors during these final few scenes, some really great stuff there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Can’t wait

Zamasu was a pretty much a Final Fantasy Final Boss, so a Final Fantasy Sword is pretty convenient.