Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I haven't seen it since the early 90s but it sounds a little like Vice Versa which is Freaky Friday with Fred Savage and Judge Reinhold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And Like Father, Like Son with Dudley Moore and Kirk Cameron. Or 18 Again with George Burns

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Mill Town posted:

I'm looking for a movie I saw on TV as a kid, so sometime in the early 90s probably. This kid builds a machine that ages him into an adult, then at the end he decides being an adult sucks and goes back in the machine. The scene that stands out in my memory is him coming out of the machine surrounded by fog and wearing a too-big suit, then he goes to confront his high school principal I think?

It's not "Big" with Tom Hanks, it's definitely a machine he builds himself (with chasing rope lights on it, I think). Could be a made for TV movie or an episode of a TV show. It might be a Disney property, we had a Disney evening each week on our local CBC TV station.

14 Going on 30.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Starring Daphne Ashbrook, who I just learned (because I recognized the last name, and had to confirm) is the sister of Dana Ashbrook, from Twin Peaks. Neat!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Don't call your kids Daphne and Dana. Either one is bad but as a combo?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

We're watching Neverending Story and my wife thought she'd seen it, but seems to be thinking of something else.
She remembers a kid who's bullied at school and gets into adventures in much the same way, but the only concrete thing she has is that he gets sent to a store to buy crackers with no salt for his uncle, but gets the wrong ones.
Ring any bells?.

Edit : V doesn't sound like it but something in that Era for sure

E2: more details. Apparently there are multiple kids, they fly on some kind of dragon, and they use some kind of mirror or pool of water to transport themselves at one point

We found it, Mio in the Land of Faraway, which is some weird Swedish movie that I have never heard of but apparently stars Christian Bale and Christopher Lee

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Retro Futurist posted:

We found it, Mio in the Land of Faraway, which is some weird Swedish movie that I have never heard of but apparently stars Christian Bale and Christopher Lee

It's based on a novel by enormously popular author Astrid Lindgren. If you like it, you may also like The Brothers Lionheart, Ronja Robber's Daughter, the Pippi Longstocking movies, to name just a few.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Retro Futurist posted:

Doh I was about to reply to this then saw you already got it. One of my wife's favorite childhood movies that's just atrocious. I one day hope to meet Christian Bale so I can have him sign something as 'Yum Yum'.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Looking for a movie where a group of extreme sports enthusiasts does a heist. Probably early 2000s. One of the antagonists was a televangelist with a toupee.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Looking for a movie where a group of extreme sports enthusiasts does a heist. Probably early 2000s. One of the antagonists was a televangelist with a toupee.

Wicked Game a.k.a. Extreme Heist starring Johnny Young Bosch of Power Rangers fame?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My Lovely Horse posted:

Probably extreme heist aka wicked game

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Doesn't look like that's the one, from what little of clips there is on youtube. Way less martial arts in the one I'm thinking of, more snowboarding and stuff.

I think there was a group of four, three guys one girl, they somehow ran afoul of bad guys, one of whom was something like a televangelist with an outrageous hairdo that's revealed as a wig in a bath scene. That's about all I remember. Or possibly they're already a gang of thieves at the start of the movie?

I keep running into one movie called Extreme Ops, which I don't think is the one, but maybe it is and I remember the hairdo guy from a different movie altogether (in which case I guess I'm actually looking for that).

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 3, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Steal (2002) fits the bill including the bad hair guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx8VdGbglSU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah it’s definitely that movie, the whole thing is on YouTube and the bath scene is about 31 minutes in, he’s getting an underwater BJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQvTrgBiEtg

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yep, that rings a bell. Thanks! That was going around in my head forever.

I notice a distinct lack of snowboarding so I guess I really was conflating two different 2002-ish action movies.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yep, that rings a bell. Thanks! That was going around in my head forever.

I notice a distinct lack of snowboarding so I guess I really was conflating two different 2002-ish action movies.

Probably blending it with Extreme Ops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZoACTYqwbg

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I saw movie when I was a kid (so 80s, early 90s). This woman is being pursued by recently dead people for some reason. One of them was a kid on a skateboard, and the other was some guy she was dating who got killed in a mugging.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Hoping to solve this one for mom! This one is a horror or suspense film seen theatrically from around mid 1975. It's the intro or early in the film and a hospital environment. A nurse gets pulled into a room or closet and cut open pretty brutally. It's likely to be graphic or perhaps suggestive but it got such a strong reaction that she left the theater immediately. She is a self described horror lightweight so I wouldn't discount the chance it being a bit less brutal to some.

She wasn't expecting it too so the title may be innocuous. I was also thinking it might have been a foreign film being shown here as I'm sure a lot of Italian movies were going heavy on suspense violence and she might have gotten intro an Argento movie or something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ape Agitator posted:

Hoping to solve this one for mom! This one is a horror or suspense film seen theatrically from around mid 1975. It's the intro or early in the film and a hospital environment. A nurse gets pulled into a room or closet and cut open pretty brutally. It's likely to be graphic or perhaps suggestive but it got such a strong reaction that she left the theater immediately. She is a self described horror lightweight so I wouldn't discount the chance it being a bit less brutal to some.

She wasn't expecting it too so the title may be innocuous. I was also thinking it might have been a foreign film being shown here as I'm sure a lot of Italian movies were going heavy on suspense violence and she might have gotten intro an Argento movie or something.

I'm likely way off here, but it sort of sounds like The Exorcist 3, which was far better than it had any right to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Yu8jCrJeg

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Don't Go in the Basement has a dead nurse early in the movie.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Origami Dali posted:

So does Halloween II, although it's not in a cupboard IIRC.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm likely way off here, but it sort of sounds like The Exorcist 3, which was far better than it had any right to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Yu8jCrJeg

It is excellent and I've got a big soft spot for it, but it's unfortunately 15 years to early.

Jedit posted:

So does Halloween II, although it's not in a cupboard IIRC.

That would have been my guess but it's 6 years in the future.

Origami Dali posted:

It's on youtube but it looks like it's a male doctor who gets hacked and it's outside. There is of course 40 years of time to change memories but she's really feeling like it's a female nurse in a closet or small room. I'll look through it again more closely though.

I checked through IMDB's release dates and Deep Red came out in 1975. Any chance it starts with a nurse murder? It also had an adaptation of the Spiral Staircase with Christopher Plummer and it's loaded with nurses but they're all too drat alive!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Ape Agitator posted:

I checked through IMDB's release dates and Deep Red came out in 1975. Any chance it starts with a nurse murder?

Nope. A woman, but not a nurse, and not in the way you described.

Edit: Deep Red rules, you should watch it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Last night I suddenly remembered a movie scene from my childhood. It’s a kid’s movie, with talking animals. A dog working at the airport talks about his job, and how he gets a special treat if he alerts the humans, asks if another animal wants to find out, and starts barking a lot. The main character(s) are interrogated about something, and the final shot of the scene is the dog eating some ultra wet food. It might be Babe: Pig in the City, but I’m not sure.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Last night I suddenly remembered a movie scene from my childhood. It’s a kid’s movie, with talking animals. A dog working at the airport talks about his job, and how he gets a special treat if he alerts the humans, asks if another animal wants to find out, and starts barking a lot. The main character(s) are interrogated about something, and the final shot of the scene is the dog eating some ultra wet food. It might be Babe: Pig in the City, but I’m not sure.

That’s exactly what movie it is

Loco
Dec 6, 2006

Why is.. Those things?
Can anyone recall a comedy movie (that I want to say came out in the last few years) with a scene where a car crash happens, in which the car rolls an exaggerated amount (like 100 times)?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
A black and white movie about women being killed by a man who's face had been burned by acid. I remember a big point was that he was completely silent when he would sneak up on the women and strangle them. The killer was called something like "the Creep" or "The Creeper."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

SimonCat posted:

A black and white movie about women being killed by a man who's face had been burned by acid. I remember a big point was that he was completely silent when he would sneak up on the women and strangle them. The killer was called something like "the Creep" or "The Creeper."

It's The Brute Man

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Thanks! I saw it once in a motel in South Dakota in like 1986. Been wondering about it for a long time!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SimonCat posted:

Thanks! I saw it once in a motel in South Dakota in like 1986. Been wondering about it for a long time!

Its also a Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode.
Worth watching

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My brain kind of short-circuited when we were scrolling through Prime and came across a documentary about mascots.

Was there a mockumentary about mascots in the past few years? I remember watching something about like, a mascot competition, but for the life of me I can’t remember if we had been watching a movie or a documentary.

It was probably a movie, since I doubt there are actually mascot competitions.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Loco posted:

Can anyone recall a comedy movie (that I want to say came out in the last few years) with a scene where a car crash happens, in which the car rolls an exaggerated amount (like 100 times)?

Talladega Nights

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

LadyPictureShow posted:

My brain kind of short-circuited when we were scrolling through Prime and came across a documentary about mascots.

Was there a mockumentary about mascots in the past few years? I remember watching something about like, a mascot competition, but for the life of me I can’t remember if we had been watching a movie or a documentary.

It was probably a movie, since I doubt there are actually mascot competitions.

There's a Christopher Guest mockumentary called Mascots.

Loco
Dec 6, 2006

Why is.. Those things?

Davros1 posted:

Talladega Nights

Nah, I know I've never seen that, and that movie's older. I think it was on a city road, and I'm talking like 50-100 rolls.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh, that was it! Thanks!

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

BioTech posted:

Mexican hitman, face tattoo like a skull or something similar. I think he wore a sleeveless leather jacket.
Main characters run into him at a parking lot, I think next to a motel. He has a shotgun, they know he is there to kill them.
They escape in their car, vibe is that they really couldn't have taken that guy. I don't think he shows up again.

Thought it was Sicario, but it is not. Pretty sure it was a recent movie.

Anyone have an idea what this might be?

I'm pretty sure the scene had a lot of green lighting, but I just can't place it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The last-but-one season finale of british police procedural Silent Witness had that skull-boy as a mexican assassin. I'd be amazed if that was it.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

BioTech posted:

Anyone have an idea what this might be?

I'm pretty sure the scene had a lot of green lighting, but I just can't place it.

Is it Desperado? Or El Mariachi?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
I've asked about this one before and still haven't been able to find it. Japanese (or maybe Korean, or possibly Chinese) film from around the early 00's or late 90's, contemporary setting, about some sort of gangster and an evil rival gangster. The protagonist gangster has some woman he loves, that is either his girlfriend or was once his girlfriend and is now with someone else. Towards the end of the film, the rival gangster cuts her head off with a samurai sword in a meadow. It flies off in an almost ridiculous manner, although the tone of the film is very serious. They use guns in other parts of the film, the samurai sword is only used towards the end.

I remember the film being very green, the cover was green and there was a lot of green tint to the film. I watched it on DVD, maybe VHS, in probably 2002.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Mr. Squishy posted:

The last-but-one season finale of british police procedural Silent Witness had that skull-boy as a mexican assassin. I'd be amazed if that was it.

You mean that model? Who was in 47 Ronin as a sailor? It wasn't him.
This guy was bigger, face tattoo was big but not covering his scalp.

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Is it Desperado? Or El Mariachi?

Definitely not. It was more low-key than an all-out action movie, which is why I thought of Sicario.

EDIT: FOUND IT!!!

It was Raoul Max Trujillo in Blood Father. Not a skull, but green stuff, sleeveless jacket and shotgun are all there.

BioTech fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 11, 2018