Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
For you guys wanting virtua fighter do you want a return to the low poly aesthetic. We can bring back virtua cop as an AR mobile trash game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Also lol ea did exactly what we expected them to do to C&C and we're still mad

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How many battle royale games will be announced at Xbox conference?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

How many battle royale games will be announced at Xbox conference?

100, and only the last survivor will ship

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cultural Marxist posted:

Are we going to take guesses on how many of Microsoft’s “15 world exclusives” are going to be on PS4 as well? I’ll bid at least 10.

There will be two games based on Microsoft brands, not original titles, and that's the total game exclusives. The rest of the exclusives will be cosmetic DLC ("You can make your robot look like an Xbone, exclusively on Xbone!") and timed exclusives where they have a map pack for a month before it's released on other platforms.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Random Stranger posted:

There will be two games based on Microsoft brands, not original titles, and that's the total game exclusives. The rest of the exclusives will be cosmetic DLC ("You can make your robot look like an Xbone, exclusively on Xbone!") and timed exclusives where they have a map pack for a month before it's released on other platforms.

They don't even really get the exclusive early map packs any more because most publishers go with the much larger install base of the ps4.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I can't imagine why Sony would get the KH3 trailer over Sqaure's own conference

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

imho people should be suspicious of Anthem since Mass Effect Andromeda also had no complete slice of the game that wasn't the same old cutscenes and highly curated gameplay footage until it went into that early access beta and everyone saw what a horrible mess it was.

Unironically, Thanks.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

i saw shenmue 3 gameplay before i saw beyond good and evil 2

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

haveblue posted:

100, and only the last survivor will ship

"Pubg two!"

*jumps in the air*

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

I can't imagine why Sony would get the KH3 trailer over Sqaure's own conference

The PS4 version gets an exclusive world.

The Knack World.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Snake Eater remake on the same event as Hideo, if that were true they'd have armed guards but Hideo would infiltrate and stop their whole sham of an operation.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Heavy Metal posted:

Snake Eater remake on the same event as Hideo, if that were true they'd have armed guards but Hideo would infiltrate and stop their whole sham of an operation.

Hideo Fultons them into the ceiling

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Wheres medievil

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cultural Marxist posted:

Are we going to take guesses on how many of Microsoft’s “15 world exclusives” are going to be on PS4 as well? I’ll bid at least 10.

gonna bet that RE2Make or DMCV gets the dubious honor of being one of these

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Has Devolver announced Metal Wolf Chaos yet

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm seeing more and more websites reporting that Microsoft this year is 100 minutes so I guess the 2-hour thing on THEIR OWN E3 WEBSITE was just a placeholder. Small miracles I guess.

CommissarMega posted:

Has Devolver announced Metal Wolf Chaos yet

No, come back in like 13 hours.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Policenaut posted:

No, come back in like 13 hours.

gently caress

EDIT: Please tell me there have been some good PC RPGs announced, at least.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
The visual style of Anthem is really a big turn off for me, I think a lo-fi industrial robot design would be more engaging than the oversized mechanical superheros.

This is the kind of mech/exosuit design I had in mind, from an art book series of battlescapes called World War Robot:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Tei posted:

Kakis have a good video about anthem, he talk about his experience with a hands-on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWccW0seJTY

Cautiously optimistic. At least there's finally some mostly non scripted gameplay.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that's an awesome design style, something EA would never think to use though. Somebody like Ubi or Sony (or Yoko Taro) would do that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If they ever made another game like that weird F2P Russian thing The Tomorrow Children (?) then those robots would be a perfect fit.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

For you guys wanting virtua fighter do you want a return to the low poly aesthetic. We can bring back virtua cop as an AR mobile trash game

lol i actually still like low poly stuff in spite of everything but yeah it was seeing that doa trailer and thinking 'yeah vf would be great with modern graphics and animation'

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This bastard better not even be joking about vanquish 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theres literally actually positively zero chance that the show doesnt end on tlou. Nd always gets the last spot

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

You can tell these things are always fake because they never mention Call of Duty (which Sony pays out the rear end in exclusive marketing and DLC) and Destiny (which they really love and promote every chance they get). Sony always ends their shows on weird choices too, like the year with The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Shenmue 3 ended with PARAGON! You remember Paragon? No you don't.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monolith. posted:

Cautiously optimistic. At least there's finally some mostly non scripted gameplay.

So you missed all the cuts between sections of the mission then?

psyman posted:

The visual style of Anthem is really a big turn off for me, I think a lo-fi industrial robot design would be more engaging than the oversized mechanical superheros.

This is the kind of mech/exosuit design I had in mind, from an art book series of battlescapes called World War Robot:

Have you played Nier Automata? Because if not, you really should.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The backwards compatibility alone is proof it's fake

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So you missed all the cuts between sections of the mission then?

For real, they were cutting like ever 3-5 seconds. It was hideously jarring.
I think the lush jungle and all that is nice and vibrant but it's also kinda been done to death lately.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Policenaut posted:

You can tell these things are always fake because they never mention Call of Duty (which Sony pays out the rear end in exclusive marketing and DLC) and Destiny (which they really love and promote every chance they get). Sony always ends their shows on weird choices too, like the year with The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Shenmue 3 ended with PARAGON! You remember Paragon? No you don't.

Holy poo poo, it's been three years since they announced the FF7 remake. I wonder if they'll have any update on that this year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sinteres posted:

Holy poo poo, it's been three years since they announced the FF7 remake. I wonder if they'll have any update on that this year.

There were very fake rumors of a demo getting attached to some SE game this fall but yeah very fake

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sinteres posted:

I would be really surprised if that is anything sooner than a 2020 release.
Like maybe they announce late 2019 but it'd get bumped. They're still fiddling with character models and poo poo.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

The backwards compatibility alone is proof it's fake

It just says PS2 and PS3 games on PS4, which is already a thing with PSNow (and is currently discounted). If it wasn’t fake, of course, which it is.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Instead of Vanquish I would pay good money for a spiritual sequel to Anarchy Reigns but instead of a multiplayer brawler its a single player beat em up with literally every Platinum character ever.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Assassins Creed

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

it sure looks like assassin's creed

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Andrast posted:

it sure looks like assassin's creed

It looks like Blood and Wine to me

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Somehow the idea of an Assassin's Creed set in Ancient Greece is considerably more enticing than screenshots of it

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It looks loving awesome to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This looks cooler than Origins, imho.

• Locked thread