Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Somehow the idea of an Assassin's Creed set in Ancient Greece is considerably more enticing than screenshots of it

Doesn't help that it looks exactly like Origin so we're probably back in yearly title land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm probably never gonna play it, but at least you can look at the screenshots and ask "oh what game is this?" instead of immediately just recognizing it as assassin's creed 7 or whatever. that's something I guess

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dang that looks colorful as hell.

Also Sony's Countdown to E3 continues in 10 minutes. Today's thing is "PS4 game getting PSVR support" so I dunno maybe it's something you're interested in.

https://live.playstation.com/

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont remember where i read it but the people who wrote Dragon Age 3 all left the company? I played a little of that game and found it boring then i played Witcher 3 and i was like what the gently caress.

Bioware is so so hosed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

The backwards compatibility alone is proof it's fake

It's funny that even fake leaks won't entertain the idea of PS1 games being playable on the PS4.

:(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WaltherFeng posted:

Instead of Vanquish I would pay good money for a spiritual sequel to Anarchy Reigns but instead of a multiplayer brawler its a single player beat em up with literally every Platinum character ever.

So...you mean a MadWorld sequel then? :v:

Sakurazuka posted:

Doesn't help that it looks exactly like Origin so we're probably back in yearly title land

For what it's worth, you can kinda see how this one came round so soon; Origins has more than a few Greek characters and settlements, so it's not like they don't have art assets ready to go already. I do agree that venturing back into yearly title land is a bad, bad, idea though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1005815596452175872?s=20

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

There were very fake rumors of a demo getting attached to some SE game this fall but yeah very fake

C’mon, new Tobal game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Please please please be the glorious trainwreck we're craving :pray:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I notice he said "third party titles", and not "exclusives". You know, the things that actually sells consoles. :munch:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Also a "few"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sony's final Countdown to E3 announcement is Beat Saber is coming to PSVR.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Last Playstation announcement is Beat Saber.

EDIT Saber Beaten by Policenauts.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Origins was swag so I'm looking forward to this game. Assassin's God Of War amirite?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ubisoft quit loving around and give us the ninja assassin game we want. Set it in Japan or hellscape Russia or something

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so forza and halo for microsoft?

please dont gently caress around with cyberpunk 2077

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Ubisoft quit loving around and give us the ninja assassin game we want. Set it in Japan or hellscape Russia or something

They still have to do Rome to finish this classical trilogy and then we get to see what the next setting/era is.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really hope that the new Assassins Creed has some optimization in it so I can play it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sinteres posted:

They still have to do Rome to finish this classical trilogy and then we get to see what the next setting/era is.

I've definitely played an Assassin's Creed in Rome :colbert:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rarity posted:

I've definitely played an Assassin's Creed in Rome :colbert:

Have another!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A Roman Empire game would be pretty cool. Maybe they can retcon history so you're the one who kills Caesar.

I seem to remember reading a few years ago that the AC team specifically ruled out Japan early on just because there are so many other games set there already.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

haveblue posted:

Maybe they can retcon history so you're the one who kills Caesar.

They already did that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

haveblue posted:

I seem to remember reading a few years ago that the AC team specifically ruled out Japan early on just because there are so many other games set there already.

That seems silly

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Any setting they've ruled out is instantly on the table again the second they decide it's the interesting thing to do. I wouldn't worry too much about statements from years ago.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DoctorGonzo posted:

so forza and halo for microsoft?

cd Projekt Red is also GoG.com, so there's not much fear of that.

Sinteres posted:

They already did that.

I actually quite liked that they also revealed "The Father of Understanding" with that as well, and it was a good choice of a character too.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

cd Projekt Red is also GoG.com, so there's not much fear of that.
I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to money hat console exclusivity though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

J-Spot posted:

It's the Bone Era though so they don't have generation exclusivity money anymore, they only have 1-year Tomb Raider/Dead Rising 4 money.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm quoting this so I'll be able to find it easier six hours from now and we can all laugh at it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

It's the Bone Era though so they don't have generation exclusivity money anymore, they only have 1-year Tomb Raider/Dead Rising 4 money.

Yeah the ceo they got now doesnt let them do stuff like make or buy new games

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I always look forward to the awkward and cringe worthy fails E3 has in store. Personally I think last year was kind of a letdown.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MS, Bethesda and DD today, eh?

Should be fun.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if Microsoft really wanted to impress me they'd partner with Valve and do a thing with PC gaming

but they won't

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Half-Life 3 XB1 exclusive (and PC)

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont remember where i read it but the people who wrote Dragon Age 3 all left the company? I played a little of that game and found it boring then i played Witcher 3 and i was like what the gently caress.

Bioware is so so hosed.

Dragon Age 4 was in development for some time before being rebooted. The team was scaled down, job postings for Dragon Age were taken down, and several DA staff members left the company.

It's unclear why exactly it was rebooted but it was enough to make Bioware vets leave the company. I'm guessing they started making a traditional single-player RPG before rebooting it into a multiplayer service game.

J-Spot posted:

CDPR had a co-marketing deal with Microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyberpunk 2077 had a similar deal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Andrast posted:

it sure looks like assassin's creed!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
An exclusivity deal would tarnish CD projekt's carefully managed consumer friendly image

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I really dont want to wait 4 hrs and change to see all my fav multiplats

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

MS, Bethesda and DD today, eh?

Should be fun.

Someone I know has their project getting an announcement during Bethesdas and im still not watching it

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Cyberpunk guys are just getting idiot Microsoft to advertise their game for them so it can sell a bunch on PC and ps4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I kind of want to watch the microsoft conference but that would mean only getting around 4 hours of sleep so it's really not worth it

• Locked thread