Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

People please do not decide we need to fight frangland, who we still have perfectly fine relations with and who are just down the road instead of the other side of the continent like Russia, over one vote. We will need a great power in our corner to fight Morocco, and why not the one who we're seeking to create a stable border with?

Besides them, Egypt is also a good ally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Hashim posted:

- Possible unions between some of Morocco's colonies, if they achieve independence.

Brazil-half of Argentina-Chile is a pretty formidable entity you're proposing.

Also, speaking of, that one-province Occitan colony between Imjir (Berber Brazil) and Tyratia (Scottish Argentinian coastline)...are you just going to do away with that? Given that Occitaina ceased to exist for a decade in the mean time there? I'd assume the settlers there would've joined one or the other colony in the mean time. Far too small a stretch of land to be its own country.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Patter Song posted:

Brazil-half of Argentina-Chile is a pretty formidable entity you're proposing.

Also, speaking of, that one-province Occitan colony between Imjir (Berber Brazil) and Tyratia (Scottish Argentinian coastline)...are you just going to do away with that? Given that Occitaina ceased to exist for a decade in the mean time there? I'd assume the settlers there would've joined one or the other colony in the mean time. Far too small a stretch of land to be its own country.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. This is what south america is looking like atm:

pinchofginger
Nov 7, 2009
Fallen Rib
Please tell me those little red islands at the bottom are the last bastion of the English monarchy.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mister Hashim, unite those Incas! (some sort of event and/or decision train there for them? Either even starting Civ?)

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Hashim posted:

- Early event for the Celtic Empire to become the United Kingdom of Ireland-Scotland.

Can I suggest a name like "Celtic Union" instead of United Kingdom? Just as an alternative to having the vanilla name on an alt-history nation.

I actually wonder to what extent Ireland and Scotland would have separate identities at this point. They've both been in union together for longer than either kingdom existed as an independent entity, so the division might be more on the England-Scotland level (i.e. both groups saw themselves as British in this period) than on the Austria-Hungary level. Also notable is that the union happened at approximately the time in our history when Middle Gaelic would split into Irish and Scottish Gaelic, and the time when Scots became the common dialect across law, trade and court in Scotland. Presumably those things wouldn't have happened in this timeline, so Gaelic would be a single language still between the two I guess, albeit with dialects.

If so, "Eire-Albain" might work as a slightly more aesthetic name to put on the map than "Ireland-Scotland", especially as while the name Albain in Irish means "Scotland", it is derived from Albion, the name of the whole island of Great Britain, thereby including the bits of England they still control (and don't control, given they've been fighting France over England for the last hundred years).

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

pinchofginger posted:

Please tell me those little red islands at the bottom are the last bastion of the English monarchy.

The English decided the 13 colonies were so nice they relocated to America, so New England is now pretty much the entire East Coast.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

FRANCE!

FRANCE!

FRANCEEEEEEEEEE

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Hashim posted:

Basically, if anyone's willing to make flags, feel free to do so and it'll almost definitely make it into the mod. Unless we get a big influx of flags though, I'll probably have to end up using duplicates for a lot of countries, simply because there's a ton of flags in vicky and I'm awful at making them myself.

With that said though, the one nation that we definitely need unique flags for is Al Andalus. So if anyone's got decent designs for democratic/communist/fascist flags, toss those here too. I wouldn't even mind changing the monarchist one if there's a better option.

I'm a big fan of the flag of the Spanish settlements in the Morena Mountains.

The blue symbolizes the Catholic settlers, the green the Muslims who lived there and white is peace between the two of them. The C stands for King Charles the Third and the tree is the national flag of Spain, the holly oak which is found throughout the Mediterranean.

I might suggest something like this. The blue and green announces our tolerance of Catholics and the fact that the Catholics of northern Iberia rightfully belong as a part of our nation and we intend to see this come to be. The tree I made black so that it contrasts well in such a small size, but a brown and green one could be done. The golden Z stands for our new dynasty of Zulfiqar, founded by the great hero Raed Zulfiqar. Of course you could lose the Z if its a little too monarchist for our reluctant sultan.

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

I made some flags, some are better than others:
Al Andalus

Communist

Republic

Fascist

France

Communist

Republic

Vaktahni

Communist

Republic

Fascist

Palermo

Communist

Republic

Fascist

Egypt

Communist

Republic

Fascist

Bavaria

Republic

Tirruni Empire

Libertarian

Veris fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 10, 2018

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope we can declare a worker's caliphate.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
What are the tools that most symbolize Al-Andalusia? That’s how the best communist flags are made.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Ralepozozaxe posted:

What are the tools that most symbolize Al-Andalusia? That’s how the best communist flags are made.

This is from the 1821 State of the World, so lots of wine and wool?

A grape vine and a...spinning wheel?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ralepozozaxe posted:

a pair of scissors and a guy holding his crotch in pain

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'm disappointed in you, France. That was a dick move on your guy's part.

Still cosy up to them though, they're not the Celts and it'll be harder to basically ignore them if we piss them off.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean back when our big problem was always that France would steamroll us as we fought to the last man over the Pyrenees. But now France likes us and we just have a bit of cleanup between us and that nice Pyrenees border so let's NOT gently caress THAT UP and also get a nice, strong, close by ally so when we've got Iberia we can turn around and focus on getting goddamn Tangiers.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Honestly 22 infamy is pretty much no impediment when we've got cores on the entirety of our targets, since we can take everything infamy free.

I guess we should probably avoid colonial expansion for a while but that's the only impact really.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

How about one of those whips they use in Self-flagellation. Self mutilation is very in keeping with the spirit of Al-Andalusia

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 10, 2018

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Al Andalus is friends with France. Al Andalus has always been friends with France. Rectify the documents, no reference to the wars with France should remain in existence, anywhere.

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Since the epilogue of EU4 set up a war between the Andean Republic and Charca as the two remaining indigenous polities, perhaps they might have like a War of the Pacific-type event thing where they claim each other.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Would be interesting to see something like the Louisiana Purchase shake things up in Gharbia.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I'm definitely gonna be using a few of those flags up there.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Mister Hashim, unite those Incas! (some sort of event and/or decision train there for them? Either even starting Civ?)

crimea posted:

Since the epilogue of EU4 set up a war between the Andean Republic and Charca as the two remaining indigenous polities, perhaps they might have like a War of the Pacific-type event thing where they claim each other.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with what crimea's saying. It doesn't make sense for them to willingly unite (since one is an absolute monarchy, the other a revolutionary republic), but I'll give the Andean Republic an early conquest CB or something that lets them invade and annex the Charca, if they're strong enough. That should create a nation that should be able to challenge New France and Walidrar, at the very least.

Reveilled posted:

Can I suggest a name like "Celtic Union" instead of United Kingdom? Just as an alternative to having the vanilla name on an alt-history nation.

I actually wonder to what extent Ireland and Scotland would have separate identities at this point. They've both been in union together for longer than either kingdom existed as an independent entity, so the division might be more on the England-Scotland level (i.e. both groups saw themselves as British in this period) than on the Austria-Hungary level. Also notable is that the union happened at approximately the time in our history when Middle Gaelic would split into Irish and Scottish Gaelic, and the time when Scots became the common dialect across law, trade and court in Scotland. Presumably those things wouldn't have happened in this timeline, so Gaelic would be a single language still between the two I guess, albeit with dialects.

If so, "Eire-Albain" might work as a slightly more aesthetic name to put on the map than "Ireland-Scotland", especially as while the name Albain in Irish means "Scotland", it is derived from Albion, the name of the whole island of Great Britain, thereby including the bits of England they still control (and don't control, given they've been fighting France over England for the last hundred years).

Lots of good ideas here. I think I'll end up going with the Celtic Union (formally, it can the Celtic Union of Eire-Albain), it sounds a bit better. As for the cultures, I did consider giving Ireland and Scotland a common 'Gaelic' culture, since the Celts have ruled Scotland since the Middle Ages, so I'll think on that.

mossyfisk posted:

Would be interesting to see something like the Louisiana Purchase shake things up in Gharbia.

I'm considering doing something where Albionoria annexes Albaina, since the latter is really too weak to get anything done (they can't sustain a single regiment at the game's start), and maybe an Albionoria-Albaina union allied with New England will be able to hold off Ibriz for a while.

As for Ibriz, I've given them a bunch of revolter tags, so if things go badly for them we should be able to see some new countries popping up.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

If I were the Butler Queen of New England, I'd try to pry as much land off of Neimni Sud and Albionoria as possible before Ibriz turns its attention east.

Either that or, you know, try to ride a wave of nationalism back into London.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
In EU4 all of northern America always ends up being colonized by someone, while in OTL large chunks were uninhabited wild lands, so how about releasing a bunch of Western America as colonizable land for the Americans to argue over?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I didn't make these, but here are some flags from an alt-hisotry website for al-andalus they had.

And here's something I threw together, though I don't know what it could be used for. It kind of looks like a pirate flag, so maybe fascist?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Hashim posted:

Basically, if anyone's willing to make flags, feel free to do so and it'll almost definitely make it into the mod. Unless we get a big influx of flags though, I'll probably have to end up using duplicates for a lot of countries, simply because there's a ton of flags in vicky and I'm awful at making them myself.

With that said though, the one nation that we definitely need unique flags for is Al Andalus. So if anyone's got decent designs for democratic/communist/fascist flags, toss those here too. I wouldn't even mind changing the monarchist one if there's a better option.

Im not artistically inclined enough to draw it myself, but perhaps Revolutionary Japan could borrow some ideas from the OTL Republic of Ezo and use the 7-pointed star (as seen on the modern Hokkaido Prefecture flag) as their symbol instead of the rising sun. Seems like it might be a good starting point for the democratic flag at least.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

That's a pretty nice, albeit busy, flag. I'm thinking our communist flag should be the USSR flag, except swap out the sickle for the Muslim crescent moon.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

habeasdorkus posted:

That's a pretty nice, albeit busy, flag. I'm thinking our communist flag should be the USSR flag, except swap out the sickle for the Muslim crescent moon.

I just now noticed it has a little Moroccan star at the top, and is thus invalidated.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I just now noticed it has a little Moroccan star at the top, and is thus invalidated.

Not unless we take Marrakesh. :getin:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

That's a set of reproductive organs

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I didn't make these, but here are some flags from an alt-hisotry website for al-andalus they had.

I quite like this one, although it's a bit busy for a vicky flag, since they are just 93 x 64. Here's what I could whip up in mspaint:

But the Arabic really just wont work at this size. I also still like the idea of putting a tree on the flag:

Or if folks are dead set on grapes:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Clayren posted:

Or if folks are dead set on grapes:

I like it, especially since you don't see grapes too often.

And for anyone who wants to see how many ways you can use the sickle and hammer on a flag, here is the different flags for every country in base Vic2: https://imgur.com/a/np1o9

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Those flags look sweet Clayren. And I don't mind using the grapes if others like it enough, we could turn it into a Zulfiqar dynastic symbol or something.

The colour green too. We haven't really had any green-orientated flags, most of our flags have been white and gold, but gold was also the Jizrunid colour, so I guess we could use green to symbolise the shift away from them.

Dance Officer posted:

In EU4 all of northern America always ends up being colonized by someone, while in OTL large chunks were uninhabited wild lands, so how about releasing a bunch of Western America as colonizable land for the Americans to argue over?

Yep, that's exactly what I've done, so there's plenty of room for some potential conflict between France, Albionoria and Ibriz:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I would imagine Al Andalus is still pretty religious and people likely wouldn't drink wine as a general rule. I don't think grapes make a lot of sense as a symbol.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I would imagine Al Andalus is still pretty religious and people likely wouldn't drink wine as a general rule. I don't think grapes make a lot of sense as a symbol.

Yeah, makes sense. Maybe the tree flag then? Or pomegranates could be used instead of grapes, since it's a strong symbol of Granada, and we actually used it as the flag of Qadis before reforming Al Andalus.

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The Granada pomegranate symbolism is a strong aesthetic and I personally would be in favour of that being incorporated somehow on some of the flags.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Maybe they just love eating grapes.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Maybe they just love eating grapes.

hmm seems sin-adjacent

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

hmm seems sin-adjacent

Sin-adjacent has been the name of the game in Al-andalus since forever, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Speaking of French North Gharbia and the like, what colonies don't have their own names yet? I feel like they should probably get them at some point.