Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tar_Squid posted:

I grew up on Doom ( the first one ) and Quake so reloading is one of those things that just doesn't register to me. Besides constantly cycling through weapons takes fingers away from checking the map button or pushing my precious shopping cart.

( I so want to build a giant ramp right outside Tilted and try to land on one of the roofs but the chance of not being sniped/blown the eff up is about 0.02% )

Someone was able to build a Hollywood style tilted sign above it, so can you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
So far either I get killed trying or its just not possible due to the storm eye instantly excluding Tilted Towers. Also the only reliable place to snag a shopping cart to do this seems to be the docks in Loot Lake so that's also a bit of a run. But if I can just pull it off...

It'd probably be a lot easier if 50 versus 50 mode was still a thing.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tar_Squid posted:

So far either I get killed trying or its just not possible due to the storm eye instantly excluding Tilted Towers. Also the only reliable place to snag a shopping cart to do this seems to be the docks in Loot Lake so that's also a bit of a run. But if I can just pull it off...

It'd probably be a lot easier if 50 versus 50 mode was still a thing.

Do it with a squad so folks can cover you while you do it?

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
I love this idea and hope you can pull it off. Jackass: The Fortnite Show :banjo:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

I do this always.
It gets me killed always.
I even do it in loving STW between zombie headshots. Old habits die hard.
I don't even know why I developed the habit. Counter strike? Still gets you killed there, too.
Some game out there didn't have an auto-reload and forced me to learn to mash R after murdering.

Play Borderlands 2, Mechromancer with the Anarchy skill tree. You get a flat +% damage bonus for each mag you shot withouth reloading, it accumulate to 255 stacks and has many many voicelines has you progress to more stacks.

You will come back from that refreshed, has a new person with the skill of not reloading.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Traveling during the first few days of dancing at Loot Lake has made that weekly impossible to get. I spent a little over an hour last night dropping there in different modes and dancing without moving. Best finish was 5th place (killed by the storm), and one time I had 2 other people dancing. Ugh.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Asnorban posted:

Traveling during the first few days of dancing at Loot Lake has made that weekly impossible to get. I spent a little over an hour last night dropping there in different modes and dancing without moving. Best finish was 5th place (killed by the storm), and one time I had 2 other people dancing. Ugh.

if you happen to be on PS4 you can count me in for a squad to get the weekly done, maybe we can find 2 more people? I still need it too

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

goferchan posted:

if you happen to be on PS4 you can count me in for a squad to get the weekly done, maybe we can find 2 more people? I still need it too

XBone. Hopefully the Switch version drops for E3 and all the new people will decide they need the battle pass and there will be a rush there.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope we get a time limited mode for the nintendo switch that is unlimited materials, one player get the Mario skin and get mario kart powers.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Desperately want the switch version so I can play in bed. Mobile doesn't cut it.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Do it with a squad so folks can cover you while you do it?

That's actually the best idea. One person scavenges up a shopping cart and gets it up the mountain, another gets the materials and builds, and the other two actually get armed enough to cover the first two. Now I just need to find three other people crazy enough to go along with it. And it'll mean two get to actually ride the thing down into the towers too. And maybe even get multiple viewpoints for the recording.

Now I just need to get friends that are actually on when I play :sigh:

Edit-

Tei posted:

Play Borderlands 2, Mechromancer with the Anarchy skill tree. You get a flat +% damage bonus for each mag you shot withouth reloading, it accumulate to 255 stacks and has many many voicelines has you progress to more stacks.

You will come back from that refreshed, has a new person with the skill of not reloading.

I played one of those with my friends. Warning is that it will take quite a while for any hope of sniping skills to return.

Tar_Squid fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 10, 2018

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

If I am only playing Save the World, what should I spend the premium currency on? Should I buy piñatas whenever I can, or should I be saving it up for some reason?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Orvin posted:

If I am only playing Save the World, what should I spend the premium currency on? Should I buy piñatas whenever I can, or should I be saving it up for some reason?

Spend it on the super llamas to get the best chance of high end stuff, mostly.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
So I know how to upgrade a hero's rarity, but I can't seem to find the same "Increase Rarity" option under the Upgrade menu when I try to find it for a schematic (a trap, if that matters). Halp?

Ninja edit?
I guess you gotta convert it to the new perk system before it'll let you increase the rarity

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Those rewards and still empty lobby. :psyduck:

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/hofftv/status/1005897355940454400

*in related news, approximately a hundred found dead in what appears to be a mass murder/suicide via pickaxe*

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Asnorban posted:

I started a dance party in a 20 v 20 by standing on a pad for literal minutes, dancing until people trickled in. We lifted the disco ball and a jump pad appeared below it and everything... then the game didn't count it when I was eliminated later on...

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Seditiar posted:

Those rewards and still empty lobby. :psyduck:

Their matchmaking has been struggling all weekend.

I tried to do the stupid "defend the suit" mission and it wouldn't find me even an empty lobby to play in until I set my party to private.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Shere posted:

Their matchmaking has been struggling all weekend.

I tried to do the stupid "defend the suit" mission and it wouldn't find me even an empty lobby to play in until I set my party to private.

Ah ok, fwiw it filled up 30 seconds after I entered the map. :v:

I'm guessing that suit thing is down the quest line for the event?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A lot of people in level 100 missions begging for weapons. RTL exploit running rampant.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 11, 2018

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Did they change the location of the Week 6 secret battlepass tier thing? All the guides say it's on a Forkknife truck in the corner of Greasy Grove, but the truck seems to have been moved, at least after v4.4? :confused:

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

FauxLeather posted:

Did they change the location of the Week 6 secret battlepass tier thing? All the guides say it's on a Forkknife truck in the corner of Greasy Grove, but the truck seems to have been moved, at least after v4.4? :confused:

It’s def in Greasy. If I remember correctly, it’s in a corner closest to some houses. IDK if that’s a new location for the truck or not.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
50v50 is back

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

santanotreal posted:

It’s def in Greasy. If I remember correctly, it’s in a corner closest to some houses. IDK if that’s a new location for the truck or not.

I saw a post on reddit that said the truck & star are now at the new football pitch beside the motel.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

objectively bad posted:

I saw a post on reddit that said the truck & star are now at the new football pitch beside the motel.

Huh, weird to move it

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1006152710629052416

NOOOOOOOO

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

objectively bad posted:

So it is, thanks!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

People were using them to get under the map and win by just standing there, not taking storm damage. Makes sense to try to fix it ASAP.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Orvin posted:

Save it for legendary troll truck llamas. If is too infrequent for you, then use it also for Super llamas of a type you might really need (People llamas are your best bet.) If you're a couple hundred event tickets shy of an event llama, you can always buy something to get that last little bit. But really, there isn't much worth spending your V-bux on outside of legendary troll llamas.

If you absolutely must buy basic upgrade llamas, at least wait until they're selling in bulk (they'll often do sales that amount to 10-30% off, hidden behind "11 llamas for the price of 10" with some cutesy name).

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

santanotreal posted:

Huh, weird to move it

It’s a food truck?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Dancing at Loot Lake should have been 2 stars. The number of times I’ve been there with 2 other people (in 50v50) and a final person comes in and shoots me is reaching a number beyond counting.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Asnorban posted:

Dancing at Loot Lake should have been 2 stars. The number of times I’ve been there with 2 other people (in 50v50) and a final person comes in and shoots me is reaching a number beyond counting.

just do it with a full squad. Hell do it cross-platform if that's what it takes
I can help if you're playing on PS4, PC, or mobile

my psn is verynormalguy and epic/fortnite name is sexpervert

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 12, 2018

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

Asnorban posted:

Yeah I still need that challenge done as well.

Squads probably are the way to go.

edit- if anyone ever wants to join up, I'm Tar Squid on Epic/Fortnite ( no underscore )

Tar_Squid fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 12, 2018

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
VortexCLMarksman

Throw invites at meeee.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
50 vs 50 is back yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

50v50 on switch tonight yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

objectively bad posted:

Can confirm this. I was on last night checking out the new location and randomly found it.
I never randomly find these things so it was a nice surprise.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Fair warning to people wanting to multi-plat Fortnite with a PS4 linked Epic account. This loving sucks.

FauxLeather fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 12, 2018

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

FauxLeather posted:

Fair warning to people wanting to multi-plat Fortnite. This loving sucks.

:laffo:

Out of curiosity: do you play on PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Seditiar posted:

Out of curiosity: do you play on PS4?

Yeah, I've linked my account to PC and PS4. This could be that Sony thing, aye? Maybe someone with an exclusively PC Epic account will be fine logging in?

E; Ah here it is https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/17453628/fortnite-nintendo-switch-cross-play-sony-ps4-microsoft-xbox-one-e3-2018