Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

nielsm posted:

It's fun revisiting places in the game and digging through vacation photos again.

Nice. Izu Mito Sea Paradise looks like a cool place to visit.

Speaking of which, so many promos related to it now on EN SIF. Must be due to the related Osanpo Rally (or Adventure Stroll if you prefer the English) going on right now. Ucchichi Scouting, a new pack, loveca gifts and titles, backgrounds, and Izu Mito SSR tickets, plus that story. So many good idols there.

Also, the first show of the Wonderful Stories 3rd Live Tour is this weekend in Saitama? Man, where does the time go? No DV has been announced for it yet, right? And they're going to LA for their show at Anime Expo on July 4th right before their last show in Fukuoka next month, right? Helluva trip. Doubt they'll have a delayed viewing for the Anime Expo thing, but something with the 3rd Live tour is likely, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
If I had to guess, it'd be a DV of Day 2 of the last show on the tour like how Saitama was last year IIRC.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
It is nice to live in a country that gets live viewings

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

graybook posted:

If I had to guess, it'd be a DV of Day 2 of the last show on the tour like how Saitama was last year IIRC.

Fair enough. Fukuoka then.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Apparently the Love Live Sunshine Aqours manhole covers that Numazu installed as part of a promotional project are being removed after someone spray painted over the You and Dia ones? And a Numazu city councilman is calling out the people who did it on Twitter? Man, idol beefs really do get heated nowadays.

There was that video making the rounds of the LL FB groups (and likely other social media services that I'm not on) of the LLer being indignant over someone seemingly purposely walking over You's face on the manhole cover and then when he's chasing that guy another guy coming up behind and purposefully scratching at You's face with one of those circular multi cyalume holders, but I thought that was more a joke than anything serious. If they're removing them, I guess things really did get all het up.

Article with pictures (but not the You video I was talking about) here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-06-06/numazu-city-pulls-love-live-sunshine-manhole-covers-after-repeated-vandalism/.132532

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
a few days old at this point, but

let the whole world know: dailies pay off

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Death upon you.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 11, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
4* rates in Bandori seem really low.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
IT'S THE 3RD AQOURS LIVE TODAY.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

a few days old at this point, but

let the whole world know: dailies pay off

Wait so which one is Aya and which one is Himari??????

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Wait so which one is Aya and which one is Himari??????

Himari is the one that gets dumped on by Moca. Aya is the one that gets dumped on by Hina.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aqours... is amazing.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

Aqours... is amazing.

:yeah:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

nielsm posted:

It's fun revisiting places in the game and digging through vacation photos again.

Nice! I heard about the vandalized manhole covers. Really a shame

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Aqours... is amazing.

Did Anju do the flip? And did they Awaken the Power?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Also, a high school kid was arrested and charged with calling in a bomb threat to the MetLife Dome in Saitama planned for the Aqours shows? And he did it so he would get noticed? Guess he was noticed all right, just by the wrong king of senpai, and the keisatsu was having none of his poo poo.

News link here:https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-06-10/teen-arrested-for-bomb-threats-against-love-live-sunshine-concerts/.132679

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Also also, just catching up on the news coming out of the Saitama leg of Third Live, but Fourth Live Sailing to the Sunshine announced for November and a movie name and release date confirmed as well, for January 2019? Guess that's another couple of trips to Village East for the inevitable screenings amongst LL fans to mark off on my calendar. Man, now I can't wait to see the Delayed Viewing for this concert...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
the fourth live is taking place while i'm already going to be in japan this year

i have already contacted a friend and requested he purchase a few copies of the 4th live theme song cd so he can make the entries into the raffle for me

i'm treating this fuckwad to some mad top notch yakiniku for all i'm already getting him to do for me this year lmfao

god i want to go to this since i just happen to have that chance

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

GhostStalker posted:

Did Anju do the flip? And did they Awaken the Power?

She did the flip, but breaks it up into two separate flips instead of the double in one go. She nailed it on day 1 but on day 2 she fell (barely even a fall though, she just didn't stick the landing).

And yes they awakened the power w/saint snow and it was great

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

astr0man posted:

She did the flip, but breaks it up into two separate flips instead of the double in one go. She nailed it on day 1 but on day 2 she fell (barely even a fall though, she just didn't stick the landing).

And yes they awakened the power w/saint snow and it was great

Sweet, can't wait to see it in the inevitable DV next month.

graybook posted:

the fourth live is taking place while i'm already going to be in japan this year

i have already contacted a friend and requested he purchase a few copies of the 4th live theme song cd so he can make the entries into the raffle for me

i'm treating this fuckwad to some mad top notch yakiniku for all i'm already getting him to do for me this year lmfao

god i want to go to this since i just happen to have that chance

Good luck Sailing to the Sunshine!

Also, now I want yakiniku... Man, I should hit up Gyu-Kaku next time I'm near Cooper Square or Flushing.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 11, 2018

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Finally getting the hang of Bandori, and the level ups aren't piling up my boosts end over end anymore, though swipe notes are still hard to get used to. I have worked through my backlog of band stories though, and those gave me enough stars to roll on the Wedding gatcha. Wanted that SSR Rimi, but no such luck. Still, think I hit it pretty big here:

4 3*s and an SSR Ran? I'll take it.

Now for this great roll to negatively effect all my future gatcha in SIF and FGO. My last couple of rolls in both have been terrible, so maybe this is just the accumulated luck finally paying off.

Also, happy Mari day! Now to get back to grinding Perfects in this event so I can get these Izu Mito Aquarium SSR tickets to collect the entire set.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Grinding Perfects in the Izu Mito event was annoying even with a Perfect Lock team. And I decided late into the event that I’d go for those points so oops. But I got one copy of all nine cards in the end.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

KariOhki posted:

Grinding Perfects in the Izu Mito event was annoying even with a Perfect Lock team. And I decided late into the event that I’d go for those points so oops. But I got one copy of all nine cards in the end.

I messed up my end of event timing watching Twitch videos instead, so I couldn't get the SSR tickets from the Smile and Pure Challenge Spots. I was so bad at getting Perfects with my Pure team that even though I finished the "play the song 20 times" goal there, I was still a thousand plus Perfects off of the SSR ticket. Should've focused on the Smile one instead, that was kinda gettable from when I checked in with half an hour left in the event.

Didn't even get the Maru SR either. Missing 3 Izu Mito SSRs...

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
So I'd been saving hearts and pack scout11 tickets for rock yoshiko on EN. I'm up to 8 11-pulls and not even a single UR :v:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

astr0man posted:

So I'd been saving hearts and pack scout11 tickets for rock yoshiko on EN. I'm up to 8 11-pulls and not even a single UR :v:

RIP.

Just pulled from the same box, got 2 set SRs of You and Kanan, which while nice, are no Rock Yohane UR. Guess that previous Bandori pull really did take all my gatcha luck, with my pulling of Ibaraki Douji in FGO earlier in the day compounding it. Banana Oni took pity on me for never managing to beat her 3BP form during the Rashomon event, so she dropped by my Chaldea instead...

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
DVs for the US are on the 30th and 1st FYI, for Saitama D1.

D1 was pretty awesome in person so even though I was there I'll probably go to the DV.

And then be at AX 3 days later.

Idol Heaven & Hell are real and you exist there simultaneously. But hey, I came home with a jillion new nesos.

...It's a really weird feeling seeing animation from LL now and going 'Oh yea! That place, I've been there!' Especially Awashima. Holy poo poo that place was nice.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Dexanth posted:

DVs for the US are on the 30th and 1st FYI, for Saitama D1.

D1 was pretty awesome in person so even though I was there I'll probably go to the DV.

And then be at AX 3 days later.

Idol Heaven & Hell are real and you exist there simultaneously. But hey, I came home with a jillion new nesos.

...It's a really weird feeling seeing animation from LL now and going 'Oh yea! That place, I've been there!' Especially Awashima. Holy poo poo that place was nice.

Welp, I knew the DVs were coming soon, but I didn't think it would be that soon. I guess I should've known when I checked the City Cinemas Village East website earlier this week to see if dates had been posted for the screening, and saw the 30th date come up as the date Wonderful Stories was going to premiere there, but no tickets available yet when I looked. Of course, now they are.

Shame if NY only gets one showing on one date, maybe they'll add more later, I dunno. The Northeast LL crew will probably be split a bit because of it, due to the NJ and VA screenings that a bunch local fans also go to are being held at the same time. Guess this one won't be as hype, of well.

Anyway, excite to Awaken the Power and see Anchan do the flip. Now to get them tickets, hopefully beforehand it sells out.

Also, an earthquake hits Osaka the day after Aqours does their show there last weekend... Terrible timing, shame about the injuries and deaths and property damage there...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I wish I could go but I can't justify it with AX the immediate next weekend. Also that timing.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Definitely going. Can't not. Even if it does mean I have to drive to Dallas and back a day or two before I drive out to California.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Also, an earthquake hits Osaka the day after Aqours does their show there last weekend... Terrible timing, shame about the injuries and deaths and property damage there...

Yea...that earthquake was an experience. Like in the moment I didn't think it was that bad...until all the trains were down, and it took half the day to get to the Shinkansen station. The deaths just really made it that much more saddening, because had nobody died it would be a fun story to tell, but instead it's...yea. That poor kid :(

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Here's some June brides I remembered I was going to post, for important June bride times

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

https://bang-dream.com/news/202

Rinko's VA has acquired hearing loss and can't continue in Roselia :(

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

nielsm posted:

That's sad, I've been a fan of hers since she debuted in the mid 00s.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Ow, first Yurishii and now this. Poor Roselia :(

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

nielsm posted:

Dexanth posted:

Ow, first Yurishii and now this. Poor Roselia :(

Yeesh, that is a shame. I know I just got into Bandori a month ago, and in that short amount of time, Roselia became my favorite group there, so seeing this happen to their VAs suck.

In happier news, Wonderful Stories DV was great. Got to the venue 20 mins after the scheduled start time due to traffic, but they were in the middle of the preroll Saitama venue stuff, the Live proper started like 2 minutes after I made it in. Thought it would be less packed, since tickets didn't sell out and they were still available at the door, but it looked like the same sized crowd like normal, despite the NJ and Fairfax, VA DVs being at the same time and possibly siphoning away the East Coast crowd. Still, saw many of the regulars there, including a couple who are flying out to AX next week, as well as a bunch of them usual con crowd I've gotten to know who are into LL there.

Anchan's flip was dope, the Power was Awakened, In This Unstable World killed it, Oyasuminasan and Pianoforte Monologue got people going even though they were slower songs, KoiAqua was amazing as usual, Water Blue New World + Aozora was hype as expected, and Wonderful Stories hit all the right marks. So many UOs busted.

Now the owner of a Mari sleeve, the Yohane one that I wanted sold out first at Village East's merch table. They sold pretty drat well. The postcards were picked over really quickly after the Live, maybe a couple dozen people didn't get one because people were grabbing multiple. My wallet is yelling at me now.

A Yohane cosplayer with the microfiber summoning cloth and a coelacanth plushie who I've run into at multiple lives and cons was doing summonings, she got some people a Devil Chika SSR, a 3SR/1SSR pull, and a three star Hina Bandori solo. I tried to invoke her magic after buying a pack, but only got a 1 SR minimum wage Step Up for my troubles, a dupe to make matters worse. The SR ticket in the pack only gave me an SR too, albeit one I didn't have yet, so there's that.

Oh well, time to prep for Miku in two weeks and then Sailing to the Sunshine in November. Got AnimeNYC and NYCC in the interim, so there's that as well. Might as well get my wallet crying even more!

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 1, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've been getting into Bandori and all the bands and interpersonal relationships between the characters have grabbed me more than other stuff like this has. I'm enjoying it a lot.

The new Hina and Sayo event is pretty good, though it's reminding me how I looked into the fandom and saw that everyone who talks about it tries to make one sister out to be the literal devil. So that's disappointing.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
They have no appreciation for how boppin Hina is

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Allarion posted:

They have no appreciation for how boppin Hina is

I have no experience with the Bandori fandom before I picked up the game a month ago plus scattered info before that from this thread and some YouTube streams, but this makes it sound like people don't like Hina? Is it because Roselia is a lot more popular than PasuPare and therefore Sayo tends to be more popular than her sister? Because while Roselia is my favorite band, Sayo does tend to be super high strung and she seriously needs to chill.

Just talking to some mobage idol fans I met who I was peripherally familiar with due to cons hanging out at a bubble tea place after the DV on Sunday, and I get that feeling wrt the popularity of certain characters. Then again, those same people don't like Afterglow, so I dunno how reflective they are of the fandom, because Afterglow is like the 2nd best group in Bandori.

Guess we'll find out which is the most popular in the EN fandom with this voting campaign they're advertising in the game right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I actually have no idea who is more popular between the two. I only assume Sayo is the popular one cause of Zep's influence. Also she always has a huge inferiority complex of Hina being better than her, so she's cute like that.