Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

eh, forget making bc3, just throw out a bc2 remaster with better graphics and everything else untouched and i'd be happy.

e: actually maybe make the saiga and usas not a load of cheap horseshit and make helicopters realistically possible to shoot down.

Yup.

Yooo looks like the Gamestop by my house has it for $3 :toot: What's your GT? Gonna go grab it today.

Beastie you should get in on this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Are you guys reviving bad company game time? I want in on this. When are we playing?

Gt: ineffiablefx

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'll see if I can grab a copy tomorrow. Not going to pay the premium for the digital download so I'd rather hunt it down at Gamestop or off of Amazon.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Blind Rasputin posted:

I haven’t owned a gaming PC in like 10 years. Is the 1080 still the best video card? I feel like I’ve heard about it a few years now I would have figured they’d come out with a new one to lust after.

The 1080 Ti, announced in March 2017, is nVidias current top consumer model.

People are expecting an 11x0 series annoucement pretty soon, in the coming two months possibly.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

veni veni veni posted:

Yup.

Yooo looks like the Gamestop by my house has it for $3 :toot: What's your GT? Gonna go grab it today.

Beastie you should get in on this too.

gt is cubivore

i play like a doofus these days, going for comedy over victory, so expect a lot of dumb stuntz

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Didnt know you has PSVR. Lets play rec room together!!

What's your PSN? I'm BeastieBomber. I'll download Rec Room tonight. Supposed to storm here all weekend.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

gt is cubivore

i play like a doofus these days, going for comedy over victory, so expect a lot of dumb stuntz

I think I had you on before but I purged my list like 4 months ago. 13 years of Xbros and I made some cuts to the people I lost track of.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They had a shitload of copies at my Gamestop for $2.99. Should be really easy to come by. GT is Nihils Maw. I'll add you guys tonight.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

What's your PSN? I'm BeastieBomber. I'll download Rec Room tonight. Supposed to storm here all weekend.

I think I had you on before but I purged my list like 4 months ago. 13 years of Xbros and I made some cuts to the people I lost track of.

I have a Vive. Rec Room has crossplay. We can do a quest or play the new Battle Royale mode!

Give me your rec room name when you sign up.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 9, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

BC2 is $5 on XBL’s E3 sale.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

BTW, I noticed FIFA 18 and NFS Payback are now free with EA Access, even though there's no announcement anywhere. They're almost certainly gonna announce them at the E3 thing today.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Beastie posted:

BC2 is $5 on XBL’s E3 sale.

it was free in games with gold a while back and ever since then populations have been decent to good. being on ea access prolly helped as well.

for full games you still gotta play at us prime, but i just got out of a 6v6 in vietnam while i was poking around seeing what populations were like. unfortunately i'm on university internet now and until the majority of students go home for the summer and therefore free the internet up a bit, i won't really be able to play during us prime since my connection will be poo. but most students will leave in a week or two, so

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

:canada: Game pass is $35 for six months on Walmart.ca right now. I figured it's worth it for Forza Horizon 4 alone. :canada:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'll wait to see if they give us an actual release date today.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm gonna be totally honest, as a lifelong PC gamer with no consoles and like $10k worth of steam games, I really don't see the point of ragging on X owners

Like, before GPU prices and RAM prices went bonkers it made sense, but now for remotely equivalent performance on a PC you're looking at paying like 2x as much. A 1080 will get you somewhat better performance but it costs almost as much as the entire loving X. If you're just looking to play new games without dropping an absurd amount of money, and you don't want to wait for the 11xx series or for RAM prices to go back to sane levels, the X might legitimately be the best call.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Microsoft should just go all in and make it a computer. It already has a browser. Let people connect a mouse and throw some basic office applications on it. Buy your teen an xbox and he can play video games as well as work on his homework. By the time people realize it can't run all the random applications that high schools and colleges need, it's too late.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

NieR Automata hits Xbone at the end of this month.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Enjoy it, hopefully it sells well and dont flop

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm gonna be totally honest, as a lifelong PC gamer with no consoles and like $10k worth of steam games, I really don't see the point of ragging on X owners

Like, before GPU prices and RAM prices went bonkers it made sense, but now for remotely equivalent performance on a PC you're looking at paying like 2x as much. A 1080 will get you somewhat better performance but it costs almost as much as the entire loving X. If you're just looking to play new games without dropping an absurd amount of money, and you don't want to wait for the 11xx series or for RAM prices to go back to sane levels, the X might legitimately be the best call.

The issue with the x is that it just get incremental upgrades to ps4pro on 3rd party games and the only games ms is tailoring to the hard ware are like super luckys tale
Theres no reason to spend that money over the s or pro unless you gotta have og box games in 4k

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Microsoft should just go all in and make it a computer. It already has a browser. Let people connect a mouse and throw some basic office applications on it. Buy your teen an xbox and he can play video games as well as work on his homework. By the time people realize it can't run all the random applications that high schools and colleges need, it's too late.

This should have been their strategy from the beginning. It would have saved the world from gfwl

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

NieR Automata hits Xbone at the end of this month.

Ugh fine ill buy avhievements on another console

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

The issue with the x is that it just get incremental upgrades to ps4pro on 3rd party games and the only games ms is tailoring to the hard ware are like super luckys tale
Theres no reason to spend that money over the s or pro unless you gotta have og box games in 4k

This isn't true. There are a few garbage upgrades like Monster Hunter World or Steep (which is just HDR and shouldn't even be allowed to be called X enhanced) but Ubisoft for example put tons of work into all their recent releases to make them look great on X, way better than Pro.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The finest asscreeds

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Far Cry 5 in true 4k was pretty shocking. I don't think even the most optimistic goons expected that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Far Cry 5 is pretty well optimized on all four consoles, it's one of the better looking multiplats on whichever console you're playing it.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Cojawfee posted:

With a 1.6ghz core speed (apps still need good single core performance) and a 5400rpm HDD it would suck rear end as a PC compared to some $400 i3 desktop or even a $500 laptop though. "By the time people realize" - yeah, deceiving customers on the ability of your platform worked wonders for Windows RT. People don't communicate by telegram anymore.

Now the next release with an 8 core Ryzen ~3ghz CPU, perhaps with some SSD cache scenario? Hell it could run native Windows games superbly, let alone apps. The question thought would be if MS would be willing to piss of OEM's that much, and any increased ability to run native Windows apps would have to be completely segregated from the Xbox OS to avoid chances of hacking. What I think will happen is what they're doing (well, trying to) now - just make UWP apps easy to port. So, not much.

Happy_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 10, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
They will absolutely continue putting the cheapest drives they can in these things forever and ever

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I believe in my heart that EA was saving the Skate 4 announcement for the Xbox conference since it will be exclusive and justify my purchase of the X

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is pretty slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fcK19CAjWM

https://news.microsoft.com/stories/xbox-adaptive-controller/

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
lol no new IPs.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 10, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

lol no one new IP.

Goddamit does no one remember Captain Spirit or whatever it is called

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They purchased all their second party studios already making them games and announced it as a big deal

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
My guess is those new studios are Xbox gearing up to win the next generation, but too bad xbox.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don’t think Sony can win after that show

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Barudak posted:

Goddamit does no one remember Captain Spirit or whatever it is called

That's a Life is Strange game so no new IP.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

That's a Life is Strange game so no new IP.

Are you kidding me?

<throws Captain Spirit in the trash>

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Exclusive lineup: Still pathetic.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I love the fact that they closed with a multi-plat trailer. Xbox got nothin'

Oh well, I'll still be back for Battlefield V assuming DICE doesn't suck the fun out of it like they did with BF1

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Frankly it looks great if you like feels games imho. But that's also coming out on every platform, and it's a free standalone prequel to LiS2.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

I don’t think Sony can win after that show

Pretty sure I read these exact words after the 2013 Xbox One reveal.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
"We don't have original IPs? Okay well get ready for this poo poo. Halo 6 bitches."

Though a Halo Royale would be kind of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

Pretty sure I read these exact words after the 2013 Xbox One reveal.

I don't think anybody left the Bone reveal presentation confident in that product