Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

and im not even loving with you here

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Summer 2018: High-schooler Matsuzaka Satou has a reputation for being easy, but...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

summer 2018: chio-chan finally made it

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Summer 2018: the cicadas won't shut up!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu9_Nt7dx6g

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Fangz posted:

Summer 2018: Put that ramrod in that bishie

Not sure what this is about but I agree

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Beato Believer posted:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Beato Believer posted:

Summer 2018: zwee zwee zweeeeeee

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The synopsis for back street girls is not selling it to me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab posted:

The synopsis for back street girls is not selling it to me.

it sounds bad

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think I managed to watch none of the sports shows this season? Are any of them good.

No wait Megalo I see but that is less a sport and more... junkyard dog documentary... or maybe it's just a Full Throttle tv show.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

it sounds bad

A very strong contender for most avoided

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

kater posted:

I think I managed to watch none of the sports shows this season? Are any of them good.

No wait Megalo I see but that is less a sport and more... junkyard dog documentary... or maybe it's just a Full Throttle tv show.

Gurazeni is basically a slice of life show about pro baseball focused on a backup player. If that concept sounds interesting to you you'll probably like it. It's real good IMO.

Captain Tsubasa is a great execution of a classic story. If you aren't into the genre or crave innovation you can give it a pass, but otherwise it's a good watch.

Inazuma Eleven: Balance of Aries is another iteration of a fairly formulaic series. It's not really doing anything special so I wouldn't really recommend it unless you've watched and enjoyed past Inazumas. If you have, you'll probably like it about the same amount as those. They're not fighting aliens or anything yet but the new coach is fun.

I haven't watched Major 2nd or the horse girls show.

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 10, 2018

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

DisDisDis posted:

Not sure what this is about but I agree

Senjuushi is adapting this

quote:

The Thousand Noble Musketeer is friendly to mobile otome game players. The major goal is to collect antique firearms who are in the form of 30 handsome guys and breed them

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Eeevil posted:

They're not fighting aliens or anything yet but the new coach is fun.
This. Until now every coach was meh to me (except Kageyama because he's loving Kageyama) and Zhao Jin Yun is great, i love Mr. Miyagi-style coaches. :allears:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so my girlfriend and I found this short series on CR, I'm not actually sure what it's called off the top of my head because it was 2am and I was high as gently caress but

Basically the plot is, there's a high school couple, and the girl is obsessed with the guy and super doting and loving... and dude's just constantly calling her a garbage uggo and telling her to gently caress off

But then she walks away and suddenly he's madly in love with her and apparently totally forgot that he was just calling her an ugly bitch

:wtc: did I just watch

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so my girlfriend and I found this short series on CR, I'm not actually sure what it's called off the top of my head because it was 2am and I was high as gently caress but

Basically the plot is, there's a high school couple, and the girl is obsessed with the guy and super doting and loving... and dude's just constantly calling her a garbage uggo and telling her to gently caress off

But then she walks away and suddenly he's madly in love with her and apparently totally forgot that he was just calling her an ugly bitch

:wtc: did I just watch

Probably it was Akkun to Kanojo.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Beato Believer posted:

It's My Sweet Tyrant on Crunchyroll, but yeah

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Fangz posted:

Senjuushi is adapting this

Dope, I'd love to breed 30 handsome guys

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

kater posted:

Gurazeni's description makes it sound different than it actually is, it's basically a bunch of vignettes about life as a pro baseball player instead of focusing solely on trying to make more money. I look forward to it each week since it's a fairly unique experience (in anime, at least). Also while the CG baseball can get real janky the production does deserve props for having some incredibly varied character design, great variety while still being incredibly cohesive with its style.

As probably the only person here who has been watching Major 2nd, it's solid and doesn't require having seen the original series. But so far its hook is more compelling if you're familiar with the original series - since the original differentiated itself from most shounen sports series by having the protag graduating highschool and attempting to go pro at the halfway point in the series, I'm hoping to see something similar here. Without that history you get a competent sports show that while enjoyable isn't currently doing much to distinguish itself, unless you wanna make comparisons to Boruto in the way some of the early character relationships are set up. It's something that's gonna be a much stronger rec if/when it gets a few more seasons.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Beato Believer posted:

Polsy posted:

It's My Sweet Tyrant on Crunchyroll, but yeah

yeah, i just hopped on VRV to grab the name of it and yep, that's the show

seriously, though, what? :psyduck:

e: like, i'm not going "lol anime so weird" right now, this show just genuinely makes no sense whatsoever to me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

abusive boyfriends are a big shoujo subgenre

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

yeah, i just hopped on VRV to grab the name of it and yep, that's the show

seriously, though, what? :psyduck:

e: like, i'm not going "lol anime so weird" right now, this show just genuinely makes no sense whatsoever to me

He loves her so much, but can't put it into words, so has to go to the opposite extreme. She knows how he really feels, though.

Wacky hijinks ensue. For 3 minutes, anyway (it's a short).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

abusive boyfriends are a big shoujo subgenre

that one is josei :pseudo:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

much like some people like sensitive badboys, some people also like badboys that are more rotten

theres a whole spectrum on the badboy scale

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also theres a friggin bumper crop of the reverse with abusive girlfriends right now

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Best is when the slapstick harisen gets to hit everyone

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

also theres a friggin bumper crop of the reverse with abusive girlfriends right now

Yeah i watched Book Girl too

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i kinda wanna just skip ep 8 of hinamatsuri i cant take the secondhand embarassment

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that was fun

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Why Aren't You Watching Hugtto Precure

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do they team up with the cool villains to beat up sweater guy?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I love watching this poo poo rear end guy with the glasses get owned repeatedly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

Do they team up with the cool villains to beat up sweater guy?

no but he does get owned repeatedly

DisDisDis posted:

I love watching this poo poo rear end guy with the glasses get owned repeatedly

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Masto sure did move up to most hated character in Precure this episode yes and him getting owned was great

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Saying girls can't be heroes in this series is as dumb as that lady in Power Rangers who told a kid monsters weren't real.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Attn: precure fans

https://twitter.com/YuzawaToeiHotel/status/1005608352028639232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU