Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

I love gyro aiming and use it for everything ever since splatoon.

Not all games do it that well...... I really didn't like it in RE Revalations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
star fox zero is really fun once the two screen controls really click with you, its like playing co-op but youre both players

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

extremebuff posted:

the problem specifically was having to look at the tiny blurry lovely wiiu screen and back at the TV, switching between the two constantly. it's very uncomfortable and often hurts the gameplay

BotW with being able to display maps and pictures and stuff on the tablet would have been cool.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love the Wii U but Nintendo made some bad decisions, such as not having a real Animal Crossing game.

I'm getting worried we'll never see one on Switch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love the Wii U but Nintendo made some bad decisions, such as not having a real Animal Crossing game.

I'm getting worried we'll never see one on Switch.

the 3ds is dead so get your hopes up. maybe not this year but theyre putting all their manpower into the switch

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

the 3ds is dead so get your hopes up. maybe not this year but theyre putting all their manpower into the switch
I'm more concerned that Animal Crossing is also dead. Also Happy Home Designer sucked which is a shame because it's such a cool idea.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Stardew valley was an insane success and the chill game genre has almost no visible entries right now. On the other hand though its nintendo and they loving hate letting people give them money

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's a new Harvest Moon on Switch but it has terrible reviews.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm more concerned that Animal Crossing is also dead. Also Happy Home Designer sucked which is a shame because it's such a cool idea.

didnt animal crossing on the 3ds do incredibly well, like sell several times the copies any other AC did and rival pokemon

fake e: yeah almost 12mil copies to sun/moon's 14ish, and nintendo has said their mobile titles are made to coexist with and advertise their real games on the switch.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Control Volume posted:

Stardew valley was an insane success and the chill game genre has almost no visible entries right now. On the other hand though its nintendo and they loving hate letting people give them money

what's the best AC on the virtual console? i might download that when i get back from traveling, because i loving love SV but have never really played other games in the genre

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's a new Harvest Moon on Switch but it has terrible reviews.

Harvest Moon is actually called Story of Seasons now and the Harvest Moon games in the last few years are made by a totally different company due to a legal dispute over the rights to the name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Story_of_Seasons_video_games

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

didnt animal crossing on the 3ds do incredibly well, like sell several times the copies any other AC did and rival pokemon

fake e: yeah almost 12mil copies to sun/moon's 14ish, and nintendo has said their mobile titles are made to coexist with and advertise their real games on the switch.
Yes, but on the Wii U they made some terrible Amiibo thing instead of a tie-in, so it wasn't like City Folk/whatever the regular DS one was back on the Wii.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Harvest Moon is actually called Story of Seasons now and the Harvest Moon games in the last few years are made by a totally different company due to a legal dispute over the rights to the name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Story_of_Seasons_video_games
No I know, but there's no Story of Seasons on Switch.

What I really want is Fantasy Life 2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

star fox zero is really fun once the two screen controls really click with you, its like playing co-op but youre both players

i thought it was miserable and a nintendo game should click immediately, not after a few hours and then still feel awkward

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

What I really want is Fantasy Life 2.

:hai:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

this game was the poo poo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Chaos Island

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Chaos Island

lmfao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
daft punk vs queen megamix

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nintendo might be the most retarded successful games company there is. i really want to know why they're so insistent on having weird controls

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This game is badass.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1005868572248363008

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzm3sNl8VwQ

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

[Kirby Right Back At Ya Theme Song]
Singer
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!
Kirby, Kirby-Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!
Kirby... Kirby, Kirby!
KIRBY!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Not in a bad way because this game was fairly badass.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i played a fair bit of it its surprisingly competent

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Not in a bad way because this game was fairly badass.
It's like the 8th highest rated game of all time on metacritic or gamerankings or whatever the gently caress.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What the gently caress...

Adbot