Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
In case you missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Mind shooting an invite to FarkingBastage ?

thanks

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

How do I access that Twitch extension to get my wolf and crates?

Link your eso and bethesda.net accounts with your twitch one. Then I think you have to be present during their stream.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Lima posted:

Link your eso and bethesda.net accounts with your twitch one. Then I think you have to be present during their stream.

It mentioned some sort of extension, though? There's a section under account settings called Extensions, but nothing relevant.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Farking Bastage posted:

thanks

Were you doing quests in Morrowind earlier today? I may have run through a zone with you.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

So a general character building question - I'm (an idiot) discovering that crafting skills don't just need ranks, you actually need to dump skill points into their lines to improve. Everyone said do alchemy/provisioning even if I don't touch the others so I am.

Are there enough skill points to max out all crafting skill point lines on one char, or can you only get away with doing a few (ie alchemy/prov) on your main combat char and the others should be saved for a crafting alt?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Farking Bastage posted:

thanks

Deported to Sweden.

Claims he is not from there.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

victrix posted:

So a general character building question - I'm (an idiot) discovering that crafting skills don't just need ranks, you actually need to dump skill points into their lines to improve. Everyone said do alchemy/provisioning even if I don't touch the others so I am.

Are there enough skill points to max out all crafting skill point lines on one char, or can you only get away with doing a few (ie alchemy/prov) on your main combat char and the others should be saved for a crafting alt?

You can currently get up to, something like, 408 total skill points. Also there is a skill builder you can use to see how many points your actual combat build is going to take and then how many you would need to max out relevant crafting lines. If you go hard on crafting and get all traits research you can also reset your skills to reclaim those points, but getting everything researched takes a very long time.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Jedit posted:

Were you doing quests in Morrowind earlier today? I may have run through a zone with you.

I think we did.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Jibo posted:

In case you missed it.

I had to move this guild into its own chat windows this morning because some guy wouldn't stop talking in character as a Khajit complete with poo poo like *scratches chin*. It was exhausting to read; I can't imagine what its like to actually write it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I had to move this guild into its own chat windows this morning because some guy wouldn't stop talking in character as a Khajit complete with poo poo like *scratches chin*. It was exhausting to read; I can't imagine what its like to actually write it.

*scratches neckbeard*

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

victrix posted:

After youve done most of main quest for 1 faction and found a bunch of skyshards you should have enough dkillpoints to fill all necessary crafting skills you Need. My char has all crafting skills done and still has enough points fir stamsorc.

The pitfall is I dont have points for versatility- If I want ti swap from DW/bow to Any other loadout Ill Need a skill reset.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

If I want to give this game a try (after my whole life in WoW), am I OK to just buy the base game for now?

And are there any tips I should know aside from the OP? I'm going in blind.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Tenacious J posted:

If I want to give this game a try (after my whole life in WoW), am I OK to just buy the base game for now?

And are there any tips I should know aside from the OP? I'm going in blind.

You can buy the whole game (summerset, Morrowwind and base game) off green man gaming for $30 right now. They have a 20% off coupon atm.

Jibo posted:

In case you missed it.

lmfao this nerd was yelling about how horrible women are last week and how he's super happy he's single.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Cat Pilot posted:

lmfao this nerd was yelling about how horrible women are last week and how he's super happy he's single.

I, too, am happy he is single

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
A friend is looking for an invite - @SimonO'Neal

I vouch for him, been MMO'ing with him for 20+ years, he just picked up the game this weekend.

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
Could I get a guild invite @spidergoats?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So is the extension thing working? I see the little puzzle piece thing but no polls or quizzes or anything?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

MH Knights posted:

So is the extension thing working? I see the little puzzle piece thing but no polls or quizzes or anything?

Click it, manage, grant permission.

When the thing starts, you should see it. Still ~10 minutes to go.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Reminder, we'll be in Guild Chat live tonight in 5 MINUTES to talk about the Bethesda Press Conference live.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Click it, manage, grant permission.

When the thing starts, you should see it. Still ~10 minutes to go.

Ah okay. Some of the guild chat made it sound like some people were already using it and had gotten their doggy mount. I want that doggy mount.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MH Knights posted:

Ah okay. Some of the guild chat made it sound like some people were already using it and had gotten their doggy mount. I want that doggy mount.

You should see tabs on the right of the screen, to the left of the chat, overlaying the video.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Noooooo, I should have kept that stack of worms!

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Coldforge posted:

You should see tabs on the right of the screen, to the left of the chat, overlaying the video.

Crap, not seeing it. I am on Firefox with AdBlock and NoScript so not surprised that it is not working correctly :(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MH Knights posted:

Crap, not seeing it. I am on Firefox with AdBlock and NoScript so not surprised that it is not working correctly :(

You may still get it, they're not supposed to be delivered until tomorrow.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I just disable my trade guilds' chat entirely.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I demand internet credit for this:

The Elder Scrolls 6: Cupertino.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

As a lizardman player I am hyped for the upcoming lizardman DLC.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm not excited for more boohoo lizard stories

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26417

New dungeons are Werewolf based and Q4 DLC is Glorious Lizard Master Race land

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Snowy posted:

I'm not excited for more boohoo lizard stories

Weird symbiotic psychic sci fi tree lizards own friend

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Maguoob posted:

You can currently get up to, something like, 408 total skill points. Also there is a skill builder you can use to see how many points your actual combat build is going to take and then how many you would need to max out relevant crafting lines. If you go hard on crafting and get all traits research you can also reset your skills to reclaim those points, but getting everything researched takes a very long time.

I highly recommend doing all crafting on one character at least, if not more, it's really not too bad, just deconn everything green+, enchanting is annoying if you can have someone make you a fuckload of purple/blue enchantments to deconn (deconning other peoples stuff gives you more xp than garbage whites you find in the wild), alchemy/provisioning are probably the next worst, and the actual equipment skills are easy except the research of every trait.

The reason I suggest that is multifold:

1) Make your own food because stat food is huge
2) You will kick yourself every time you upgrade to gold without having the relevant skill line to reduce upgrade mats, some quick napkin math from memory:
- to upgrade an item from purple to gold without any points in the skills like "Temper Expertise" you get 5% success chance per temper, so it takes 20 to give you 100% chance
- At max rank in the skill, iirc it costs 7 or 8 tempers
- Current cheapest price for tempering alloy (gold BS mat, most expensive ones are BS) is 4800gp so that's 38400gp if you have the maxed out skill and if not it's... 96000gp
3) Crafting writs are a good source of stuff such as upgrade mats etc and I highly recommend doing them on at least one char (honestly once you have one char maxed it's easy to do more and more writs = more mats/etc)

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Scyantific posted:

Fashion really is the endgame

This is correct.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MF_James posted:

3) Crafting writs are a good source of stuff such as upgrade mats etc and I highly recommend doing them on at least one char (honestly once you have one char maxed it's easy to do more and more writs = more mats/etc)

Is there any benefit to crafting items above min level for writs, apart from getting more inspiration from the craft?

If not, then I should note that the level 1 items for a lowbie writ require 24-27 Sanded Maple and the rewards include 25 Sanded Maple. So apart from the style material, which you can buy for 15G each right there, the writs are ultimately free apart from your time.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Lizardland will be fine so long as I can finally skin them to make some nice boots.

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit
On PS4:

Looking for an invite for @keeper075

I also have a friend who's active military that could use one too, if that'd be ok - @snaga69

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Argonians are rad.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Lysandus posted:

Argonians are rad.

I know, right? Peak ESO fashion talk.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm writing your names down for the ADF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

TheKeeper posted:

On PS4:

Looking for an invite for @keeper075

I also have a friend who's active military that could use one too, if that'd be ok - @snaga69

I don't think there's a PS4 goon guild ATM, I may be wrong. Not a lot of console ESO goons in general though.

You should still join the discord!