Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I hope one day PUBG can match the lofty heights of an entirely free, joke April Fools game and include a firing range mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

From the XBox E3 stream ... riot shield?

(Also a tease for a winter map that was literally just feet in the snow)

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

blunt posted:

Who knows if it will be in the game. So far all of the trailers have had no relation to the game itself (short of people wearing underwear).

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i think i also spotted an mp5 looking sub machine gun in that xbox trailer as well, but yeah grain of salt whats in the trailers, remember the vaulting reveal when you could do all sorts of awesome rolls and dives and then when we got vaulting and it was just a vault

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Yeah, but imagine the fun that could be had if you're able to follow footprint trails in the snow

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

NZAmoeba posted:

Yeah, but imagine the fun that could be had if you're able to follow footprint trails in the snow

lol can you imagine if they added Bigfoot track shoes in a crate

Leave bigass monster footprints

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Penpal posted:

lol can you imagine if they added Bigfoot track shoes in a crate

Leave bigass monster footprints

lol

blunt posted:

It'll be CS1.0 all over again, or did they add the riot shield in a later patch?

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
You're thinking of Condition Zero.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Slim Mat posted:

You're thinking of Condition Zero.

He isn't. CS had a riot shield back in like 2000.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Nfcknblvbl posted:

He isn't. CS had a riot shield back in like 2000.

According to this http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Tactical_Shield it was in development during the Beta era but was never officially released until Condition Zero due to netcode issues.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The shield was absolutely in regular counter-strike. It was officially introduced in the 1.6 patch and most leagues/competitions banned it.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I caught the 2000 movie on which this game was based over the weekend - Battle Royale. It was on Netflix and is subtitled from the original Japanese. Definitely worth watching and has many of the elements found in the game; clothing, guns, buildings, etc.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Neutrino posted:

I caught the 2000 movie on which this game was based over the weekend - Battle Royale. It was on Netflix and is subtitled from the original Japanese. Definitely worth watching and has many of the elements found in the game; clothing, guns, buildings, etc.

This is a great post.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Event mode was really fun but the 'reconnect and appear as an enemy to your teammates' bug needs to be fixed asap. It's been in the wild for a while now and is a huge flaw in the game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Neutrino posted:

buildings, you say

tell me more

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Epsilon Plus posted:

tell me more

Derp.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Neutrino posted:

Congratulations, you've seen the source material that PUBG draws from. Most people still compare PUBG to the Hunger Games and don't get the idea of having to find all of your equipment and make do with what you start with.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
uhhh pretty sure PUBG draws directly from Brendan Greene's life

isn't he quoted as saying "PUBG is a cooperative multiplayer documentary of my time in Ireland"?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Would be kind of interesting if pubg had zones instead of the circle.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Harminoff posted:

As stupid as Radical Heights was, the non-circle zones were pretty neat at least.

Also get rid of the loving Red Zone or at least make it so that the explosions can't actually kill you. I get that it's a convenient way of providing additional audio cover in addition to the planes doing so, but randomly having a chance of dying outright is pretty silly.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
One thing I really like about tabg is how they do their circle. Two friends and I were a bit outside and booking it towards the closing wall. Two of us make it however the third was a bit behind. We look back, and he makes it in without a second to spare. Really wish we recorded it.

You can also stand in front of the pillar and have it push you in which is pretty great.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I've died to red zone exactly once in hundreds of hours of playing.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm at 2 or 3, and each time it's hilarious.

Pro tip: warehouses are not good for hiding out from the shells.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never died to the red zone and every time I saw one I would run through it in the hopes that it'd happen.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Driving my squad through the red zone is a surefire way to get wiped every time

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
2 of the times were in a dacia, driving through while saying, "the red zone never kills anyway, right?"

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Pro tier tip: If you mute sound while driving through red zone, it can't hurt you. Like the aliens in A Quiet Place it hunts through sound

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Harminoff posted:

In an interview, Brendan Greene said the reason for the circle is that he only knew how to code circles at the time.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

2 of the times were in a dacia, driving through while saying, "the red zone never kills anyway, right?"

Twice now I've had multi-vehicle team wipes just after acknowledging we were going to be bombed. I think muting the sound and ignoring it is the way to go.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
But then you don't get the gut-busting hilarity of your squad's just desserts.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

In an interview, Brendan Greene said the reason for the circle is that he only knew how to code circles at the time.

this is honestly the stupidest thing i've ever read

fake edit: not saying you're lying

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least he knows how to code circles.

I'm looking at you, Diablo 2.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

In reference to an early battle royale mod, I'm guessing? It's not like he's not coding pubg.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
say one thing for pubg, it has circles

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

odiv posted:

In reference to an early battle royale mod, I'm guessing? It's not like he's not coding pubg.

Yep, from the arma mod.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

rarbatrol posted:

Twice now I've had multi-vehicle team wipes just after acknowledging we were going to be bombed. I think muting the sound and ignoring it is the way to go.

I swear this game listens to your mic. Mention getting hit by red zone and you will, mention you need a backpack and next door you open will have one sitting there.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

JEEVES420 posted:

I swear this game listens to your mic.

It sure listened to one of my pals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0kJCWTlWU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

JEEVES420 posted:

, mention you need a backpack and next door you open will have one sitting there.
This is actually the most incorrect thing I've ever read.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

No Safe Word posted:

As stupid as Radical Heights was, the non-circle zones were pretty neat at least.

Also get rid of the loving Red Zone or at least make it so that the explosions can't actually kill you. I get that it's a convenient way of providing additional audio cover in addition to the planes doing so, but randomly having a chance of dying outright is pretty silly.

I think the red zone is ok, it is loving annoying when it hits you twice in a row, or three times, or gently caress you don't go this direction because we will red zone you.

But I love using it to push people when the bombs are going off because well, you can't hear my footsteps, then it's: "Surprise! I'm in your bathroom taking a poo poo in the sink before I shoot you".

What I would love to see is random poo poo like a plane coming along but instead of a crate it randomly crashes, blows up, and throws poo poo everywhere/killing anybody near it. Like red zone though, it would suck to get killed by it but wouldn't that be loving hilarious to watch happen. Maybe the plane even throws out some gear near it too, but that reminds me of DayZ and I still have nightmares from that game's leg breaking fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hypnolobster posted:

This is actually the most incorrect thing I've ever read.

you have to be bitching about it in a really whiny voice for it to work, i do it all the time