Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Shark Sandwich posted:

Thinking about making a Rome mod that covers a massive empire that was at its height from 1836-1936 or so. Not sure what to name it yet though :thunk:

Belgium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Shark Sandwich posted:

Thinking about making a Rome mod that covers a massive empire that was at its height from 1836-1936 or so. Not sure what to name it yet though :thunk:

The Great Game :smug:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I was going to come in and suggest the possibility that someone might try their hand at making some kind of uber-mod for Imperator that converts it from the Roman era to the Victorian era. If I recall correctly, the pops will be moddable, right? So could a sufficiently dedicated mod team make Victorian pops, and extra goods, and all that? I mean both games have buildings, cities, dynamic pops, religion, trade, goods, and so on. It seems like it'd be possible!

It'd be interesting to see.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Shark Sandwich posted:

Wolfe of the Steppes because you're clearly talking about history as it should have been with New Old Greater Great Bulgarian Empire.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
What are the must have DLCs these days for EU IV these days? I stopped before common sense and haven't played a long time.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Shark Sandwich posted:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

drat. Portugal is huge

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Deltasquid posted:

Vicky II's economic simulation is extremely accurate in the sense that it's whimsical, nobody really understands it and yet you need to try and control it or you die

Huh I didn't know alchemy was a thing in real life

(Long story short, when I did the Christmas patch I found out that Artisans know how to perform Alchemy. They can turn fish into steel, etc. etc.)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Groogy posted:

(Long story short, when I did the Christmas patch I found out that Artisans know how to perform Alchemy. They can turn fish into steel, etc. etc.)

The law of equivalent exchange is apparently not as absolute as one would think

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Groogy posted:

I think you'll find that this does justice to the time period and is thus superior.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

We all know that the artisan classes were on the outs come the 1850s as capitalists moved to cement their control of the state apparatus to close down alchemy shops and other such transmogrifications

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Minenfeld! posted:

I think you'll find that this does justice to the time period and is thus superior.

Agreed I don’t care if it’s realistic from a mechanic standpoint the end result is realistic enough.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Groogy posted:

if you think that's weird let me tell you about a humble carpenter who could turn water into wine

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Prav posted:

if you think that's weird let me tell you about a humble carpenter who could turn water into wine

Rome will have pops........

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Groogy posted:

Artisans are simply the nexus of a thriving black market bartering economy.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/imperator-development-diary-3-11th-of-june-2018.1104733/

The latest Imperator dev diary is about resources, which are "Virtus" (military points), "Gravitas" (civic and administrative), "Dignitas" (diplomacy) and "Pietas" (piety).

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 11, 2018

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

I Love Annie May posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/imperator-development-diary-3-11th-of-june-2018.1104733/

The latest Imperator dev diary is about resources, which are "Virtus" (military points), "Gravitas" (civic and administrative), "Dignitas" (diplomacy) and "Pietas" (piety).

:helladid: lives on, apparently.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

its literally just EU4 monarch points

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Radio Free Kobold posted:

its literally just EU4 monarch points

Um excuse me I believe you'll see there are 4 values here not 3 like in that peasant game.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
Tech and development are tied to other things though so that's a change

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Zohar posted:

That's a bit of a relief.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Zohar posted:

I guess they're a bit like Prestige and Piety from CK2 then?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Anyone else notice that "create cores" is not one of the things that is on the list of things you use points for? I wonder if this was just an oversight or if there's a different system in place compared to EU4.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Archaeology Hat posted:

I guess they're a bit like Prestige and Piety from CK2 then?

maybe a fusion of the two? gained per tick based on constant factors and in large batches from game occurrences and scripted events, then spend them (either alone or as a mix) to get poo poo done.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Which country has the Owl flag?

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Charlz Guybon posted:

Which country has the Owl flag?

I'd wager Athens

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

so is the game gonna be in latin pidgin?

will they release an english translation?

e: oh it actually is in english in the screenshot. i was getting worried.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Prav posted:

Got to capture that big Vatican City market

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Prav posted:

yes
emperor biggus dickus rides again

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

RabidWeasel posted:

Anyone else notice that "create cores" is not one of the things that is on the list of things you use points for? I wonder if this was just an oversight or if there's a different system in place compared to EU4.

I would be very happy with a system that ditched cores entirely in favour of 'how many citizens/freemen/serfs do you have here?' That's basically what Cores represent and there's an interesting opportunity to do something new and different here.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

RabidWeasel posted:

A province becomes a core once a capitalist builds a factroy.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Oh cool it's mana, everybody loves mana.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh cool it's mana, everybody loves mana.

Yeah... that's pretty much EU4 Monarch points, down to being based on the attributes of your ruler. It's not that exciting!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Seeing that owl on a flag is giving me flashbacks to ancient flagchat

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Takanago posted:

Seeing that owl on a flag is giving me flashbacks to ancient flagchat

I hated that goddamn owl. It stared right into your soul...

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Gold in old paradox was already just mana why do you people keep complaining about having new currencies

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 11, 2018

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Is that an independent country north of Bithynia? Representing the independent greek colonies of Amastris, Tios, Heraclea Pontica, etc? I'm gonna have to do a bunch of runs of that to honor my archaeology crew.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

unwantedplatypus posted:

Gold in old paradox was already just mama why do you people keep complaining about having new currencies

because then they can feel human again by calling it "mana" dismissively and pretending that monarch points weren't a vast improvement on eu3's system

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
EU: Fantasy when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Yeah, I'm 200% ok with monarch points. It's a clever little system.