Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
That take seems almost trollishly bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Yeah as I read that I thought it was satire/parody, then I saw the author and :eyepop:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Badger of Basra posted:

we still have it actually and it's pretty bad, because it's based on property value in the district instead of student characteristics

so my district (53% of students economically disadvantaged, 27% ESL) sends 50% of its revenue to the state

surely you get more back then you give, unless someone is cheating.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

surely you get more back then you give, unless someone is cheating.

its distributed based on property value in the district as well so districts that pay in dont get anything back

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Badger of Basra posted:

its distributed based on property value in the district as well so districts that pay in dont get anything back

Its essentially a massive wealth transfer from poor urban districts to poor rural districts.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CaptainPsyko posted:

Its essentially a massive wealth transfer from poor urban districts to poor rural districts.

Seems like a neo-liberal implementation of a good idea. The whole thing should be be based on per-student funding. An urban highschool has more students then a rural district and thus should get more funding. However "rich" high schools would be be funded the same as poor ones. If the policy doesn't accomplish that then New York dems sabotaged it from the get-go.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Seems like a neo-liberal implementation of a good idea.

This is a good way to makenthat word lose all meaning. We can just call bad policies bad.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Glambags posted:

Yeah as I read that I thought it was satire/parody, then I saw the author and :eyepop:

It had me until the hoverboards, now I think this guy is just a supremely devoted tech comedian.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NickReisman/status/1006209114865889280

I've been saying that Gillibrand sucks and her progressivism is literally virtue signaling and she keeps proving me right time and time again. gently caress her forever she sucks.

two woman progressives challenging bad ny dems and she endorses the corrupt establishment man each time.

she will never ever have my vote and if she somehow ends up as the nominee in 2020 I'm not voting for her worthless rear end.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i spoke with Nicole Malliatokis's dem challenger (yes, she has one) the other day. apparently it's a badly-kept secret that she's a lesbian and she was spotted crying at an Albany bar after she voted against marriage equality for the second time

i don't remember his last name but his first name is Adam. he's a navy vet. he was at a South Brooklyn DSA meeting and he's trying to get PCCC's endorsement. he's pretty cool

Durf posted:

I read this today and it made me laugh. Imagining 200+ riders per stop waiting for their individual ride to somehow navigate past all the other free market silicon valley Disruptormobiles in the NYC tunnels

Enjoy NYC thread.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/06/the-new-york-city-subway-is-beyond-repair/562472/
san francisco needs to be quarantined so these retardation-infected nerds can't gently caress up the rest of the country more than they already have

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matt Zerella posted:

I've been saying that Gillibrand sucks and her progressivism is literally virtue signaling and she keeps proving me right time and time again. gently caress her forever she sucks.

two woman progressives challenging bad ny dems and she endorses the corrupt establishment man each time.

she will never ever have my vote and if she somehow ends up as the nominee in 2020 I'm not voting for her worthless rear end.

With our state and our country facing constant threats from the Trump administration, Joe Crowley is on the frontlines fighting for all New Yorkers, Gillibrand said. A progressive leader, Joe and I have worked together to protect immigrant communities, fought to raise the minimum wage, and ensure that health care is a right for all Americans. We need Joe fighting for Queens and the Bronx in Congress.

holy poo poo gently caress gillibrand, goddamn

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I saw an ad for Dan Donavan the other night on YouTube, where it read comparing Michael Grimm to Hillary Clinton, saying he's too liberal for Staten Island. God I loving hate Staten Island

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

KomradeX posted:

I saw an ad for Dan Donavan the other night on YouTube, where it read comparing Michael Grimm to Hillary Clinton, saying he's too liberal for Staten Island. God I loving hate Staten Island

It's where most of the Jersey Shore cast came from

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Matt Zerella posted:

Gillibrand is the junior senator new york deserves, righteously following in the footsteps of such titans of liberalism as Clinton, Schumer, and Rockefeller.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

get that OUT of my face posted:

san francisco needs to be quarantined so these retardation-infected nerds can't gently caress up the rest of the country more than they already have

:agreed:. If it didn't hurt people in cool places like Oakland I would suggest we nuke it.

Oh hey, look what I found on twitter.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 17:08 on Jun 12, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Crowsbeak posted:

:agreed:. If it didn't hurt people in cool places like Oakland I would suggest we nuke it.

I mean, we probably just need to wait a few months for the last few remaining cool people in Oakland to be driven out too. Might as well start prepping the missiles.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/dahvnyc/status/1006561030892326912?s=21

its wild to me how every nyc politician seems to care more about drivers than anyone else

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
If anyone here supports Ocasio-Cortez against Crowley, Queens DSA is trying to do a bunch of record-research type twitter threads in the lead up to the election. Here's one from today, and I think there should be more coming in the new few days about other topics:

https://twitter.com/QueensDSA/status/1006948578483425281

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Badger of Basra posted:

https://twitter.com/dahvnyc/status/1006561030892326912?s=21

its wild to me how every nyc politician seems to care more about drivers than anyone else
It's usually a dead giveaway for what actually effects them personally.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

cuomo increased his lead in the polls over nixon to 35% because you can't name a more iconic duo than "New York" and "the most retarded electorate in the country." i wanna move to Maryland and become a dundalk guy instead of another four years of him

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 00:17 on Jun 14, 2018

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Maryland has Cardin and Hogan though :thunk:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Maryland has Cardin and Hogan though :thunk:
i was just throwing out a random location but i can't survive another four years of this poo poo. if it weren't for Rahm, cuomo would be the worst dem in the country

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
mm maybe Feinstein but its close.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

the more I read about Crowley he'd be right under those three. holy poo poo this dude low key sucks.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Hes bad but hes nowhere close to that tier of succ

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It would be sweet if Nixon's campaign was enthusiastic about, you know, getting those petition signatures as much as it's enthusiastic of coming to me hat in hand after I've already given to them.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

yeah from afar it seems Nixon is a protest candidate more than anything

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
i got to yell at cuomo to his face today. it was good

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nah posted:

yeah from afar it seems Nixon is a protest candidate more than anything
she kinda is, like Teachout was four years ago. unfortunately that's all we can hope for due to cuomo's tyrannical control over the state Democratic party

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1007389607976108032

thread

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

god shes good :love: :love: :love:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Finally, some consequences:

https://twitter.com/GannettAlbany/status/1007600192105873408

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

in other primary races, the Times endorsed Yvette Clarke's challenger. i've met Bunkedekko, he's good

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

:swoon:

She is so good. Also Matt check your PMs, come to my BBQ tomorrow.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

here's the Times endorsement of Adem Bunkeddeko. it's worth noting that Clarke has only really showed up in the community post-2016 election, and is responsible for picking do-nothing Mathieu Eugene as her successor in City Council

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

I remember (unfortunately) shaking Cuomo's hand in 2006 right outside the entrance to Penn Station when he was running for Attorney General. It was basically Hank Hill's handshake with George W. Bush.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Horseshoe theory posted:

I remember (unfortunately) shaking Cuomo's hand in 2006 right outside the entrance to Penn Station when he was running for Attorney General. It was basically Hank Hill's handshake with George W. Bush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKmoze-hlXU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Stephanie Miner is running after all - as an independent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
frustrating