Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/UFC_AUSNZ/status/1006017390646136833

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I am watching the second round of the Punk/Jackson fight right now and remember that time that CM Punk said that he was strongest on the ground because of his BJJ background, which consisted of him watching the Gracie University DVDs? lol

I can't find it, bhere's this wonderful gif of Punk in a WWE match attempting to put an armbar on a guy who is in no way fighting him, and he still fails at it.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
cm punk is a celebrity charity case who has no business fighting anything other than courtcases but if a guys willing to get his rear end beat to earn you a paycheck you could at least show enough respect to hit him til the ref stops you.

what mike jackson did was shameful and hes a disgrace to this beautiful sport

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Perhaps he was going for "In the fifth your rear end goes down" but then forgot

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
the only thing sadder than the punk fight was watching colby try to cut babbys first promo on the count lmao

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mike Jackson knew he was never fighting in the UFC again, no matter his performance (except maybe to go in and get brain damaged by a real fighter), and his post-fight interview indicated as much, so perhaps he figured that he'd do something to get attention which he could later monetize as an MMA Journalist (tm).

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Davros1 posted:

I can't find it, bhere's this wonderful gif of Punk in a WWE match attempting to put an armbar on a guy who is in no way fighting him, and he still fails at it.

lol he forgot how an elbow works for a minute there

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Look sitting on a guy's head and then wiping your rear end on his face is a very deadly maneuver

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Back in 2014 i claimed that with 6 months of full time training punk would be able to defeat joey diaz in a fight. I have never been so wrong in my entire life

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

CommonShore posted:

Mike Jackson knew he was never fighting in the UFC again, no matter his performance (except maybe to go in and get brain damaged by a real fighter), and his post-fight interview indicated as much, so perhaps he figured that he'd do something to get attention which he could later monetize as an MMA Journalist (tm).

Now wait just a gosh dang minute. I have never once seen him present valid MMAJA credentials.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

david carmichael posted:

Back in 2014 i claimed that with 6 months of full time training punk would be able to defeat joey diaz in a fight. I have never been so wrong in my entire life

Joey Diaz routinely eats edibles that hit harder than CP Munk ever will

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Joey Karate is a martial arts master. Need we even discuss such ridiculous things?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've seen people floating the idea that Jackson put money on himself winning by decision and that makes his entire 'performance' make sense

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't really care that the man in a dumb unnecessary fight did some dumb unnecessary things

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I've seen people floating the idea that Jackson put money on himself winning by decision and that makes his entire 'performance' make sense

That's basically what Joe Rogan was talking about with his "if I were a conspiracy-minded person..."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's probably not dumb enough to fix a fight to win a bet when it's so high profile.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's probably not dumb enough to fix a fight to win a bet when it's so high profile.

lol "probably"

mewse posted:

That's basically what Joe Rogan was talking about with his "if I were a conspiracy-minded person..."

lol "if"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Has Dana been called out on his smoothbrained "All the fighters want the old weigh ins *puts mouth into his hand on his shoulder and all of a sudden has a high voice* yeah! me! I want that too! *lower voice* I love the old weigh ins, it's me Chuck Liddell" act?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Has Dana been called out on his smoothbrained "All the fighters want the old weigh ins *puts mouth into his hand on his shoulder and all of a sudden has a high voice* yeah! me! I want that too! *lower voice* I love the old weigh ins, it's me Chuck Liddell" act?

yeah

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Claudia Gadelha: cheater

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1006264881467875328

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

This is the same guy who had a fairly long monologue about fighting a cat, like he was Ryuji in Persona 5.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Greasing is a crime we haven't heard of in a while

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

"I thought about pointing out this cheating multiple times and didn't but now that I lost I will list the times I thought about it."

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
esparza is one of the most unlikeable fighters in the sport lol

like at least colby is playing a character, however badly

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Colby probably isn't playing a character. He may genuinely be that terrible a person

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

the only thing sadder than the punk fight was watching colby try to cut babbys first promo on the count lmao

The even sadder part is that he's been 'cultivating' that 'persona' for months, maybe even a year, now. That's the end result of a lot of practice.

Soothing Vapors posted:

esparza is one of the most unlikeable fighters in the sport lol

like at least colby is playing a character, however badly

It was astounding how hateable she was on an Ultimate Fighter series full of...interesting personalities.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

How did Esparza mark up Gadelha’s face? Did she do something different than spamming the same punch combo?

mewse
May 2, 2006

FishBowlRobot posted:

How did Esparza mark up Gadelha’s face? Did she do something different than spamming the same punch combo?

There was a blatant head butt on the ground, that might’ve been it

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Carla did drop her with a right hand in the first round. It forced Gadelha to change tactics, she was confident in her striking to start but then went to a wrestling heavy attack after getting hurt.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eGNn5soXY

:psyduck: how the hell

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

You're wondering how THIS guy hurts himself?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbns6FWKohw

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Cool Tony,

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

JaySB posted:

:catstare:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wamsutta posted:

Joey Diaz routinely eats edibles that hit harder than CP Munk ever will

Hey, don't talk bad about legendary wrestler CP Munk.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JaySB posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JA4CR1C_M8&t=26s

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JaySB posted:

This isn’t a video of him wearing sunglasses inside a tv studio.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I really liked Colbys Joe Rogan talk thing and it was crazy to realize it was the same dude yellin about brasilian animals and generally being an rear end in a top hat. Now i don't like him and TJ Dillashaw is the man

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

FishBowlRobot posted:

She punched it a bunch. Claudia was very lucky to get the decision.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ratios and Tendency posted:

She punched it a bunch. Claudia was very lucky to get the decision.

Yeah I agree. It was close, but... Yeah, it was very close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

And even if he did sandbag for the sole reason of punishing CM Punk for a full 15 minutes, who cares?

DING DING DING!

• Locked thread