Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

CJacobs posted:

I'm a crazy person looking for an extremely long LP to watch while playing games or in my spare time so go for it, recommend me an LP of The Witcher 3! Bonus points if it's actually finished.

SkadiLP did a great one!

Main Game
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYRMr9-Org9S1bClqXn9Bu3Pjodr2f3rf

DLC
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYRMr9-Org9RewGseUckFkS93o7Dmhc2u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

MythosDragon posted:

2 things.

1. Is the Archive okay? I see plenty of finished LPs not on it. Figured this is the best place to ask.

2. Any good RPG/Story-focused SSLPs in the past year?
I'm going to recommend Epicmissingno's LP of Dragon Quest IX (one of my personal favorite DQs), Corn in the bible's LP of Unlimited SaGa, and Crosspiece's LP of Pokemon Conquest. Also, it's not an RPG, but Xander77's LP of Aviary Attorney is very story-focused and a good read.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Commander Keene posted:

I'm going to recommend Epicmissingno's LP of Dragon Quest IX (one of my personal favorite DQs)

On a similar note, I'd recommend FrankZP's recently completed LP of Dragon Warrior 1, and his current LP of Dragon Warrior 2. They're both very entertaining if you like that sort of thing.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Thanks. I'll check em all out.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nice! Adding this one to the favorites as well. :munch:

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018
Could someone recommend LPs similar to James315’s BF 1942 LP? Having someone very good at a multiplayer game which isn’t one of the normal super competitive titles (eg CS GO) break the game down was great.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

a_good_username posted:

Could someone recommend LPs similar to James315’s BF 1942 LP? Having someone very good at a multiplayer game which isn’t one of the normal super competitive titles (eg CS GO) break the game down was great.

Basically anything by Lazyfire and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by Psion.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Any good video LPs of Silent Hunter? Whatever one is the good one. 3, IIRC?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Fat Samurai posted:

Any good video LPs of Silent Hunter? Whatever one is the good one. 3, IIRC?

Phoneposting so can't link, but I enjoy EffingController's content, he's done 3 and 4 to death. Jefmajor's also done some fun Silent Hunter 4 stuff.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Looking for a nice friendly LP of Hellblade. Minimal bullshit preferred. Know any?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Does anyone know of a SMT 4 SSLP? I found a 4A SSLP elsewhere but can't for the life of me find one of 4.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

MythosDragon posted:

2 things.

1. Is the Archive okay? I see plenty of finished LPs not on it. Figured this is the best place to ask.

2. Any good RPG/Story-focused SSLPs in the past year?

The Archive goes through phases of inactivity, but some gentle poking of baldurk every few months gets things added again, which is happening right now. He archives whatever LP threads are submitted to him (although I don't remember if you can submit someone else's LP for archiving.)

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Fedule posted:

Looking for a nice friendly LP of Hellblade. Minimal bullshit preferred. Know any?

You could try the LP done by our own Genocyber. She didn't post it here, but it is available on her Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKmczKLLqKB_XyGhJ82yUpmnC6HgruJ9h

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

It's not on SA, but here is Wottermelon's Dark Souls III LP that I can wholeheartedly recommend. The fact that I'm in a few DLC episodes of it has nothing to do with it. This is a Co-commentated LP with rotating guests. Going through the entire game and the DLCs

So uhh do they ever stop making GBS threads on Dark Souls 2, cause the first episode seems good outside of the constant DS2 derails.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Eventually it'll get less frequent, but no.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I don't remember a lot of making GBS threads on Dark Souls II, but then again, I'm not bothered by that at all because even though I like Dark Souls II making GBS threads on it is a thing that I just kinda do whenever I'm reminded of the game.
It's amazing because it's a genuinely amazing game despite doing so many things wrong and it could have been truly great game if its development was just a bit less troubled. But I should cut it here because talking about Dark Souls should actually be forbidden outside of the dedicated threads because it never ends well.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Jamesman posted:

The Archive goes through phases of inactivity, but some gentle poking of baldurk every few months gets things added again, which is happening right now. He archives whatever LP threads are submitted to him (although I don't remember if you can submit someone else's LP for archiving.)

I completed my LP of Metroid: Samus Returns back in February, and I've emailed baldurk twice about it, but I still haven't gotten a reply. Should I try a third time? I don't want to seem like a nag.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He reached out to everyone a few days ago with archive requests. Check your spam folder to make sure it didn’t get sent there (had that happen to me once), otherwise send another e-mail since it may have been overlooked.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Well, would you look at that. Thanks, I never would have thought to check there!

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Any recommendations for Nioh? I figured a Souls-esque game would be a big hit with goons, so I was rather surprised to find there's not even a single run in the archive.

Someone who knows what they're doing, preferably, and if I'm allowed to dream, also has some clue about the Japanese history/folklore stuff?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

vilkacis posted:

Any recommendations for Nioh? I figured a Souls-esque game would be a big hit with goons, so I was rather surprised to find there's not even a single run in the archive.

Someone who knows what they're doing, preferably, and if I'm allowed to dream, also has some clue about the Japanese history/folklore stuff?

Genocyber did a blind run of it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKmczKLLqKB8lITcSS6p97RHGpUITQ1r9

The forum thread wasn't updated with the whole thing which probably explains it not being archived. That's the only one I've seen from goons. I'd be curious about a good informative run myself, though.

pofcorn
May 30, 2011
Great Nioh playthrough by Scribe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTPKC8W4pEg&list=PLr9RPfA4jb6IpWLoEu1S7KcKSucmfaBVd

I really like what this guy does. He did all the Souls games and Bloodborne, and is very thorough and informative.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Nthing that Scribe's LP is really good. I like his style.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Cool, that does look promising!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I want to refresh my memory on Dark Souls. Is there a nice comprehensive LP that focuses more on lore and whatnot?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Jamesman posted:

I want to refresh my memory on Dark Souls. Is there a nice comprehensive LP that focuses more on lore and whatnot?
If you're looking specifically for DS1 stuff then you should check out what CJacobs and Faerie Fortune did a while back. There's a lot of explanation in there, even if some of it falls into the trap of overfitting the data at hand. (Eg, Velka chat.)

If you're also looking at stuff on the other games then I can't suggest anything finished from SA. The issue isn't quality but rather that they were either blind or made in tandem with DLC coming out and so forth, so stuff like what Iggy did doesn't have a chance to consider the big picture after a definitive work (DS2 + DLCs + Scholar patch or DS3 + DLCs) was compiled.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Specifically Dark Souls 1. I'm eventually gonna play DS2 and 3 and I just wanted to refresh myself on story and the world, which is more explained through item descriptions and stuff than just running through the game blindly and dying a lot.

Maybe I'm just better off reading the wiki or something.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone have that really chill and calm roller coaster tycoon LP where the guy was basically like a roller coaster bob ross?

if not, does anyone have some really chill LPs of people playing building games?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If you can handle people reading text on screen, look up Aavak on YouTube. He does a lot of building games and doesn't get over excited.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Sociopastry posted:

Does anyone have that really chill and calm roller coaster tycoon LP where the guy was basically like a roller coaster bob ross?

if not, does anyone have some really chill LPs of people playing building games?

Was it this by any chance?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Looking for a good Subnautica LP since Christopher Odd ruined his by streaming it and constantly interrupting himself to thank people for their donations (it's such a shame he's gone down that route I used to love his content). I don't see one in the LP Master List, anyone got any recommendations?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPXi9oMZq6U

This is a good one.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Thanks. I've played through most of it myself but there's something relaxing about that game, having it on in the background while doing other stuff.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Well, if you just want to watch a playthrough without commentary, here's a longplay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLICmLCVaKw

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

TheMcD posted:

Was it this by any chance?

That's the one, thank you!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

If you can handle people reading text on screen, look up Aavak on YouTube. He does a lot of building games and doesn't get over excited.

More chill LP's for the LP throne, thanks.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Well, if you just want to watch a playthrough without commentary, here's a longplay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLICmLCVaKw

My preference is blind runs with commentary, but without any kind of "gimmicky" or "whacky" personality, just a dude or lady - or even more than one person - playing a game and reacting and talking about it like regular folk would. Chris Odd was great for this criteria, but then he got into streaming and I just can't stand the constant breaks from the game to have extended chats with the audience and the incessant "WOW, thank you so much, you're too kind" and an annoying sound effect every time some rube donates or subscribes. Kay was fantastic but then she stopped doing it.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 19, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So I've been on a robot / mecha kick lately and I'm looking for something to sate that. The only thing that really comes to mind though is Armored Core LPs. Anything else worth checking out?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

S.J. posted:

So I've been on a robot / mecha kick lately and I'm looking for something to sate that. The only thing that really comes to mind though is Armored Core LPs. Anything else worth checking out?

Zone of the Enders, my friend. MechWarrior, Super Robot Wars/Super Robot Taisen, Metal Gear?, Xenogears, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Battlefield 2142? That's all I got for now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

S.J. posted:

I'm going to assume you've checked them out already, but I'll plug them anyway. ArclightBorealis LP'd the original Armored Core and its expansions, Project Phantasma and Master of Arena. And ACES CURE PLANES tackled both Armored Core 2 and its own expansion Another Age.

Arc also did Metal Wolf Chaos, which is Armored Core by way of the 2016 election. And Genpei Turtle tackled it years before him if you want to hear someone vocally reacting to the game and its madness rather than reading Arc's subtitles.

Though if you're feeling experimental and are willing to indulge some SSLPs that stretch the definition of "mecha" to its breaking point, then you should also check out The Dark Id's LP of Xenogears and my own LP of White Knight Chronicles I & II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

poo poo yeah, thanks guys.