Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

holy lmao mississipi

*to the tune of sweet caroline* whiiiiiite genocide DA DA DAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ25-U3jNWM

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

dunno, it would've been even more bizarre if a southern sheriff spent all his time harassing two good 'ol boys in a county where black people existed

Make the Duke family black in the remake. Boom, you're welcome, I'll pm you an address for my royalty checks.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Agean90 posted:

holy lmao mississipi

*to the tune of sweet caroline* whiiiiiite genocide DA DA DAAAA

Doesn't that place have a shitload of black people

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Doesn't that place have a shitload of black people

"that place" applys to any southern state with a coast line op, ill pray for the innocent and lol at the ton of dead white people (note this weight only requires 7 or so people in miss)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Doc Hawkins posted:

Make the Duke family black in the remake. Boom, you're welcome, I'll pm you an address for my royalty checks.

do they uh still decorate the car the same or what here

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the same colored car, but instead of stars it says
code:
     w
  k h 
   i
  t l
 e   l
y
on the top

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the same colored car, but instead of stars it says
code:
     w
  k h 
   i
  t l
 e   l
y
on the top

well I’m in.

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

A very cool report by the CDC posted:

More than 100 million U.S. adults are now living with diabetes or prediabetes, according to a new report released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The report finds that as of 2015, 30.3 million Americans – 9.4 percent of the U.S. population –have diabetes. Another 84.1 million have prediabetes, a condition that if not treated often leads to type 2 diabetes within five years...

• In 2015, an estimated 1.5 million new cases of diabetes were diagnosed among people ages 18 and older.
  • Nearly 1 in 4 four adults living with diabetes – 7.2 million Americans – didn’t know they had the condition. Only 11.6 percent of adults with prediabetes knew they had it.
  • Rates of diagnosed diabetes increased with age. Among adults ages 18-44, 4 percent had diabetes. Among those ages 45-64 years, 17 percent had diabetes. And among those ages 65 years and older, 25 percent had diabetes.

lol this timeline owns

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Significant Ant posted:

lol this timeline owns

we gotta go whole hog and rename Diabetes “American’s Disease”.

also if we ever get an insulin shortage from Tromp loving international trade sideways and American Pharma deciding to Martin Shkreli the price of the remaining supply we’re gonna have a whooole lotta dead Americans in 3-4 years

I knew of a non-complaint type II diabetic at a job and holy poo poo that’s a brutal way to go

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ripoff posted:

also if we ever get an insulin shortage from Tromp loving international trade sideways and American Pharma deciding to Martin Shkreli the price of the remaining supply we’re gonna have a whooole lotta dead Americans in 3-4 years

I knew of a non-complaint type II diabetic at a job and holy poo poo that’s a brutal way to go

I suppose killing off a bunch of first world fatties would probably affect global warming in a positive manner. Yeah, kinda a rough silver lining.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Ripoff posted:

They already shkrelied it.

Material shortages won't affect it much because it's already priced on monopoly style "what people will pay" rules.

It actually COSTS about one dollar a dose to make

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ripoff posted:

yeah about that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol i posted this in the doomsday economics thread but its timely for this one

https://twitter.com/bopinion/status/1005040583889620993

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Doc Hawkins posted:

so you want a one show special because rosco and enos will loving shoot them with all the military hardware he got for free and the put out a statement that it was a clean execution shoot because enos feared for his fragile white life

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jose posted:

lol i posted this in the doomsday economics thread but its timely for this one

https://twitter.com/bopinion/status/1005040583889620993

if only we had listened to wilford brimley...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gringostar posted:

so you want a one show special because rosco and enos will loving shoot them with all the military hardware he got for free and the put out a statement that it was a clean execution shoot because enos feared for his fragile white life

I'm digging this concept as prestige programming.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah about that

#secondworldproblems

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah about that

I'm curious how that splits between type 1 and 2

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah about that

can't wait for diabetes deaths resulting from the massive food surplus that the great leap forward brought to be added to death-counts-from-communism.jpg

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Insulin, developed as medication by Canadians. yer welcome, fatties.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

priznat posted:

Insulin, developed as medication by Canadians. yer welcome, fatties.

was that one of those heritage minutes shorts

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Gringostar posted:

What I'm thinking is you'd have to give the sheriff a core of genuine values and honor, or at least a by-the-book bullheadedness, rather than have him just as a simple villain. Boss Hogg can be the psychopath who wants anyone who defies him killed, but Roscoe can be an unrealistically restrained country leo, both to answer the obvious question of how the Duke brothers are still alive (though, if we're committing to something less light-hearted than the original, it's natural to milk tension from the obvious question of how much longer two scofflaws like them can survive without buckling under societal pressure), and also to give people who can identify with white honor-culture an excuse to watch the show, the Justified crowd. Make him uncorrupted, or at least only corrupted in a down-home-country way. Maybe he was friends with, or at least thought himself friends with,the brothers' father, and is ashamed of the idea of them ending their lives like he did. Maybe he's southern but from out of town, like Texas or something. Or he was born in hazzard county but joined the pd in Chicago or something, and came back and ran for sheriff after retiring. I know a guy who's doing that.

poo poo, like any other prestige drama, make it ensemble cast, so Roscoe is practically another main character. And yeah, have him be from out of town so we get an excuse for some exposition, and so his status as a kind of outsider can mirror that of the brothers.

As far as Enos, wasn't he basically friends with the brothers in the original show? There can't be too many primary and high schools in Hazzard county.

E: And just make the flag the stars and stripes, obviously. In this context that practically already is a kill whitey flag.

Doc Hawkins has issued a correction as of 18:32 on Jun 11, 2018

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

zegermans posted:

was that one of those heritage minutes shorts

almost certainly! :canada:

Best one is the Halifax explosion imo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Yes...ha ha ha...YES!

quote:

Trump's Tariffs Worry A Small Steel City In Pennsylvania

Dan Moore, a 58-year-old steel mill worker, gives the president an A+ on everything from tax cuts to foreign policy, but he is not so sure about tariffs.

“We need tariffs, but when it starts to impact the company where you work … you’re thinking, well wait a minute, time out!” he said.

Moore is worried the tariffs might cost him his job. The mill where he works, NLMK Pennsylvania, in the town of Farrell, not far from the border with Ohio, employs 750 workers and is a subsidiary of Novolipetsk Steel, or NLMK, Russia’s top steelmaker.

But even though NLMK is creating American jobs, the company is being hit with a 25 percent tariff on steel because it imports raw steel slabs from Russia before turning them into coils in Pennsylvania and then selling that steel to customers that manufacture cars or pipes, for example.

Bill Almashy, a 48-year-old crane operator at the mill, worries that NLMK might not be able to survive the tariffs.

He knows what it is like to lose a steel mill job. This is the third mill he has worked at in recent years. One of the previous mills went bankrupt; the other moved most of its jobs to Mexico. Along the way, Almashy lost his home, his pension and his 401(k).

“A lot of steel in America is gone,” he said. ” Basically our politicians failed us.”

And so when he first heard about President Trump’s tariffs, he “applauded” the president. He says he still does but doesn’t understand why his company should be punished for importing steel.

“Even if they’re foreign-owned, but they have a factory in this country and they’re employing American workers, to me, that’s an American company,” Almashy said.

To him, exempting this Russian-owned steel mill from tariffs would be a matter of putting “America First.”

And that’s the crux of the debate.

Moore voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012, but during the last presidential election, he became enamored with Donald Trump’s promise to bring back jobs and renegotiate trade deals. He thought tariffs in the abstract would be beneficial, but now that they could hurt the company he works for, he thinks the Trump administration needs to re-evaluate the idea.

“Tariffs — they may help some people, but they’re gonna hurt a lot of people too. I don’t know exactly how you balance that,” Moore said. “Maybe it’s not the right time for tariffs.” Maybe, he says, the president ought to focus more on wages and jobs instead.

Moore is about to head into the mill down the road for his shift. He is wearing a dark blue work uniform shirt over his round belly and a Trump hat over his graying hair. It’s a souvenir he picked up during Trump’s inauguration.

Moore insists he has “no regrets” about his vote, even though he knows some might think that’s strange given the precariousness of his current employment due to the very tariffs Trump introduced.
https://www.npr.org/2018/06/08/617200482/trumps-tariffs-worry-a-small-steel-city-in-pennsylvania

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

no regurts

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

"No regrets! No regrets!! I proclaim as I slowly transform into a welfare queen"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

A+, other than that I'm going to lose everything.

Like this one thing is going to completely ruin my life, but all the other things are good so :shrug:

The president's death squads hung my wife, but other than that, yeah I'd say I'm better off than I was 4 years ago *pulls lever for TRUMP 2020*

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

A+ on triggering the libs

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

"Tariffs are good, except for when they are bad for me."

"These tariffs are objectively bad for you."

"Well, I still support the guy."

"Why?"

"He told me tariffs would be good for me."

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

PostNouveau posted:

A+, other than that I'm going to lose everything.

Like this one thing is going to completely ruin my life, but all the other things are good so :shrug:

The president's death squads hung my wife, but other than that, yeah I'd say I'm better off than I was 4 years ago *pulls lever for TRUMP 2020*

Sure the MAGA deathsquads hung my wife but they were even worse to the black guy living down the road. TRUMP!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Now that I'm broke and living in a ditch thanks to Trump's tariffs, I like what he's saying about bringing back jobs even more!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

thank you, NPR, for continuing your quest to sympathetically profile every single blue collar white guy who voted for Trump and literally no other type of person of any other ideological bent, and justifying more and more every single day my decision to never listen to you again and to encourage everybody else I know to do the same

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Epic High Five posted:

thank you, NPR, for continuing your quest to sympathetically profile every single blue collar white guy who voted for Trump and literally no other type of person of any other ideological bent, and justifying more and more every single day my decision to never listen to you again and to encourage everybody else I know to do the same
Nice Polite Republicans

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The only thing I still listen to from NPR is Fresh Air :shrug:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Losing my house, my pension, and my 401(k) to own the libs.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

The only thing I still listen to from NPR is Fresh Air :shrug:

I don't even know what the local stations here play because every time I tune in it's either classical music or a Trump Country Safari pitched at affluent white listeners over 50

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Epic High Five posted:

I don't even know what the local stations here play because every time I tune in it's either classical music or a Trump Country Safari pitched at affluent white listeners over 50

I download the episodes through the podcast feed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I download the episodes through the podcast feed

I'm not gonna waste audiobook/podcast time on centrist garbage

listen to Economic Update instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Epic High Five posted:

how can you be mad at them for giving u what u asked for in this thread