Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

NTRabbit posted:

I agree buff Fiji!

haha christ buff the ship that people unironically compare to the Belfast as a good T7 ranked ship

yowza

actually thats fine buff it so people are less outraged by the belfast so I can keep clowning people with it

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sent an application to join [GOON] in EU. I was already in the clan but someone seems to have booted me a while ago. My in-game name is soralapio.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Closing in on 20 games and yet here I am

Might be time to spare what remains of my sanity and drop this marathon. At least I won't be one of those assholes bringing radar to t7. :v:

Der Shovel posted:

Sent an application to join [GOON] in EU. I was already in the clan but someone seems to have booted me a while ago. My in-game name is soralapio.

You're in.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Whats up with the NA goon clan? BOATC not accepting applications?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So if you already own an Indianapolis do you get the gold or credits?

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

bloom posted:

Closing in on 20 games and yet here I am

Might be time to spare what remains of my sanity and drop this marathon. At least I won't be one of those assholes bringing radar to t7. :v:

You're in.

Indianapolis is so terrible it hurts.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ZombieLenin posted:

So if you already own an Indianapolis do you get the gold or credits?

Credits if the mission crates I've gotten are indication.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Credits if the mission crates I've gotten are indication.

I thought as much, but I can always use more credits. I never have enough.

Loky11 posted:

Yes, yes it is.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Loky11 posted:

Terrible in itself or terrible for the game?

I'll feel a lot better about ignoring this marathon if it's the former.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

bloom posted:

It's definitely the former.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

wdarkk posted:

It's definitely the former.

To add to that, the ship turns very sluggishly and its guns traverse slowly, so aside from low DPM it has low survivability.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

It's a painfully mediocre premium whose only saving grace is radar at T7.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

It's a painfully mediocre premium whose only saving grace is radar at T7.

Which the lolanta also has.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

JuffoWup posted:

Which the lolanta also has.

When I bought it Atlanta didn't. It was actually fun back then, because nobody at t5-6 knew how to play against radar.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

"I'll just start saving my free XP for one of those T9's the Missouri probably isn't coming back but the Musashi isn't terrible it's just bad compared to the Missouri or the Kronshtadt is good too."

/completes Azur Lane mission

/eyes free XP

FULL WEEB AHEAD!!!!

:cripes:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Its a good boat that most players can't figure out how to deal with at that tier. Tier 7 is a fun and good tier as well.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

i've done a few matches and yeah...

nothing like coming back from the edge of death 4 times in a match. i was the last ship on my team for a good while and it took 3 enemy ships to finally put me down.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
hey uhh
if anyone is joining BOATC make sure to say so in topic so I know to push the right button on you

I'm pretty sure I've seen WernerHernzdog's name before so please confirm you're a real person before I push the button

sent an invite to cheese

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Hazdoc posted:

hey uhh
if anyone is joining BOATC make sure to say so in topic so I know to push the right button on you

I'm pretty sure I've seen WernerHernzdog's name before so please confirm you're a real person before I push the button

sent an invite to cheese
Thanks, invite accepted

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Blindeye posted:

To add to that, the ship turns very sluggishly and its guns traverse slowly, so aside from low DPM it has low survivability.

So it's a Yorck?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hazdoc posted:

hey uhh

sent an invite to cheese

I applied last week as donkeyhotay. Old tanks goons probably know me

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

DonkeyHotay posted:

So it's a Yorck?

Yorck's rudder turns far faster, and it has better armor and torps, more range, and more DPM.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

bloom posted:

like it's not only gimped by terrible DPM, the armor is overmatched by literally everything. you can't even really angle like a DM or Balti. You just pray they don't shoot you first.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Hazdoc posted:

Hi, I was in BOATC earlier but I quit playing/you wanted tier 10s

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Loky11 posted:

like it's not only gimped by terrible DPM, the armor is overmatched by literally everything. you can't even really angle like a DM or Balti. You just pray they don't shoot you first.

The thing is, she was still better armored than the pensacola was at t7. She was a fine ship that used a normal usn cruiser captain prior to the split. Now, she would seem mediocre.

As for the lolanta radar comment, you are right. However, I understood you saying it was her selling gimmick. That was true at launch of indy, but only a few months later did another t7 premium get radar. Also, belfast.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

James Garfield posted:

Hi, I was in BOATC earlier but I quit playing/you wanted tier 10s

oops I'm dumb and pushed the wrong button, sent an invite. While we do want T10s, we have more than enough room for people who don't have T10s and theres plenty of inactives to boot if we need more room.

DonkeyHotay posted:

I applied last week as donkeyhotay. Old tanks goons probably know me

I sent an invite, I didn't see your app in the queue.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

"I'll just start saving my free XP for one of those T9's the Missouri probably isn't coming back but the Musashi isn't terrible it's just bad compared to the Missouri or the Kronshtadt is good too."

/completes Azur Lane mission

/eyes free XP

FULL WEEB AHEAD!!!!

:cripes:

Flambass discovered if you put the weeb captains on any boat they talk every time you shoot. So of course he put one on a Minotaur. Imagine hearing that poo poo every 2 seconds for the entire match.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I have never gotten a radar mod or a speed mod from crates, but....

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hazdoc posted:

haha christ buff the ship that people unironically compare to the Belfast as a good T7 ranked ship

yowza

actually thats fine buff it so people are less outraged by the belfast so I can keep clowning people with it

Yes, buff Fiji! :buddy:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtNC31X2Yb4
Er, uh, yeah. That just happened.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

i think i'm gonna be sick

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I promise this is my last post bitching about the impossibility of getting 2 kills and winning a game.

:shepicide:

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug
If it's any consolation, the Indianapolis is bad and will just collect dust in your port if you unlock it.

I already have it (from a supercontainer) and can't even be bothered to play it for the free American collection containers.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
At this point it's more a point of stubbornness than any real interest in the Indianapolis.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

:qq: "But if I can't do that to destroyers then my battleship becomes worthless!" :qq:

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Is getting the American collection time limited?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Polyakov posted:

Is getting the American collection time limited?

Probably, but they end up coming round again in the premium shop or as missions at some point and they generally run for a few months at least. You also get the choice of turning them on and off for collecting through normal daily containers.

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug
It's a permanent collection just like Yamamoto. The collection items will drop randomly from your daily containers until you complete it, and there's no time limit.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

davejk posted:

It's a permanent collection just like Yamamoto. The collection items will drop randomly from your daily containers until you complete it, and there's no time limit.

I was hoping the US customizable camo would at least change the "faded laundry" look US ships used to have with the perm camo. But it's just a grey version.

:confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I have never hated somebody so much for something so minor before. gently caress you.

Not even because you blapped that destroyer with a Nagato and the whole BB AP pen vs DDs, but because your guns behaved so well. That never happened with me and that ship.