Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what were they solving if not a problem you caused? You can't have a solution without a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

All this over sticking 4 inches of something into where it doesn't belong.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

PRADA SLUT posted:

No.

Sorry about you’re poverty lighting

Now let's be clear here: are you suggesting that everyone should spend at least $500 on each lighting fixture, or are you suggesting that everyone should be a lighting fixture costing at least $500? Because your use of "you're" suggests the latter.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Boob lights have a place in foyers and hallways :colbert:

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!

just another posted:

Boob lights have a place in foyers and hallways :colbert:

No, they don't. Hallways get sconces, tracklights, or cans, but never boobs.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Now let's be clear here: are you suggesting that everyone should spend at least $500 on each lighting fixture, or are you suggesting that everyone should be a lighting fixture costing at least $500? Because your use of "you're" suggests the latter.

The idea that we all are individually obligated to ourselves be lighting fixtures hadn't occurred to me.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
The Unbearable Lightness, of Being by PRADA SLUT

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

careful if you DIY them since they start sagging after years without the proper support

just another
Oct 16, 2009

WrenP-Complete posted:

The idea that we all are individually obligated to ourselves be lighting fixtures hadn't occurred to me.

It's called a metaphor. :rolleyes:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait there's a difference between cans and boobs

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Turtlicious posted:

wait there's a difference between cans and boobs

yeah cans are recessed

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PRADA SLUT posted:

No.

Sorry about you’re poverty lighting

Not everyone is gifted with a wealth of surplus apostrophe's like we are

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bad Munki posted:

All this over sticking 4 inches of something into where it doesn't belong.

Truly the inciting incident of many of life's tragedies.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I just got back from my sister's new house, where she and her boyfriend are busily painting the bedrooms and kitchen before they move in officially. It's a lovely house in general, but the previous owners painted everything poop brown. The whole house interior is brown. It's the only colour, and it's awful, and my sister hates it intensely, so it's gotta go.

Also the small bedrooms have word art. One is Harry Potter, and the other is a Tolkein quote.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Is the word art before or after painting over the poop color walls?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Before. My sister is entirely innocent of it. She's busy picking bright colours to go over top of it.

Though she admitted the Harry Potter room is going to be their guest room and it might stay that way for a while.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lmao spooooky magic guest room might be cool

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

peanut posted:

Lmao spoooopy magic guest room might be cool

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

RoboRodent posted:

Before. My sister is entirely innocent of it. She's busy picking bright colours to go over top of it.

Though she admitted the Harry Potter room is going to be their guest room and it might stay that way for a while.

What are the quotes?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Attributed to Tolkien: "It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." Accompanied by a silhouette of the fellowship over the window.

Attributed to Albus Dumbledore and not JK Rowling for some reason: "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” And there's a platform 9 3/4 sign sticker by the door.

These would've been the bedrooms of the previous owners' small children.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

‘Dinky Duddydums, don’t cry, Mummy won’t let him spoil your special day!’ she cried, flinging her arms around him.
‘I… don’t… want… him… t-t-to come!’ Dudley yelled between huge pretend sobs. ‘He always sp-spoils everything!’ 

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

RoboRodent posted:

Attributed to Tolkien: "It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." Accompanied by a silhouette of the fellowship over the window.

Attributed to Albus Dumbledore and not JK Rowling for some reason: "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” And there's a platform 9 3/4 sign sticker by the door.

These would've been the bedrooms of the previous owners' small children.

At this point it’s beyond old-hat to liken wall text to the airport Margaritaville of decor, but I actually don’t hate the choice of either of those quotes, for all that I loathe the practice itself.

It’s better than the usual “something something...in this home...something something...love” or a Bible quote.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I like the Tolkien one, admittedly. It's the first to go, though, because that room is destined to be an office and the poop brown has to go.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Yeah, those quotes/pictures seem almost nice for a couple of nerdy kid rooms. But then, I grew up in a room that had a full-blown mural on all the walls (an actually well-done one-- thanks, artist dad) so I probably have a higher tolerance for wall art than most.

Poop brown walls are the real travesty.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

In this house, we do nerds

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

TheManWithNoName posted:

In this house, we do nerds

I'm picturing popcorn ceilings, except made out of candy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I'm picturing popcorn ceilings, except made out of candy.

Wallpaper:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Did you know that bubble wrap was invented to be used as a wall covering?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

All I know is that once they invent self-healing bubble wrap, helloooooooo new carpet

just another
Oct 16, 2009

Electric Bugaloo posted:

At this point it’s beyond old-hat to liken wall text to the airport Margaritaville of decor, but I actually don’t hate the choice of either of those quotes, for all that I loathe the practice itself.

It’s better than the usual “something something...in this home...something something...love” or a Bible quote.

I prefer tin signs that make middle age alcoholism sound like a sassy lifestyle choice.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I thought you meant alcoholism from the Middle Ages and was very confused

just another
Oct 16, 2009

"She was two horns of mead away from proving his mother right" stylishly embroidered over a scene from the Bayeux Tapestry.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

just another posted:

"She was two horns of mead away from proving his mother right" stylishly embroidered over a scene from the Bayeux Tapestry.

Does the embroidery thread do commissions?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

there wolf posted:

Here's a concept:

(from http://htck.github.io/bayeux/#!/%23%2F )

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

there wolf posted:

I believe there's a couple folks in there who do, and for whom that would be an appropriate project. :v:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

A masterpiece.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.