Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

EmmyOk posted:

do u pronounce it Haste-ga or Ha-Stega (like the stega in stegasaurus)

Ha-Stega

Tide-us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

BrightWing posted:

Ha-Stega

Tide-us

:hai:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

do u pronounce it Haste-ga or Ha-Stega (like the stega in stegasaurus)

Hasta luego.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Choo-Choo-Lane

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BrightWing posted:

Ha-Stega

Tide-us
mods, this man is trying to summon one of the Old Ones

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I usually pronounce it "hastega" but I think it's more common to pronounce it "hastega"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So the sony conference is over except for some Spider-Man gameplay and no further news of the 7 remake so

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yep, it's basically confirmed cancelled.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hastega is just Haste ga, to me. There aren't many names where I severely change the pronunciation because of the appended suffixes. I'd have to think about it more.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
it's pronounced haste-air-go

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gently caress this dumb company

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Alxprit posted:

Hastega is just Haste ga, to me. There aren't many names where I severely change the pronunciation because of the appended suffixes. I'd have to think about it more.
this is making me think of one that is an actually good question imo:

Fire/Fira/Firaga/Firaja

If you say "feer-uh" rather than "fire-uh" for the second, how do you pronounce the third and fourth? And yes, that's a big assumption for the second one.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

That's one where I do go a little crazy. I say Feerah, and the third and fourth are a bit weirder. I sort of pronounce it like Fihraga and Fihraja, so not quite Fee but not quite Fai like it's probably meant to be. Blizzard and Thunder are so much more straightforward, but I can't blame them for trying to make what would otherwise be "Firara" sound a bit nicer.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Fire/Fira/Firaga/Firaja

If you say "feer-uh" rather than "fire-uh" for the second, how do you pronounce the third and fourth? And yes, that's a big assumption for the second one.

fire, fire-uh, frigga, fire-jah

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Mechafunkzilla posted:

it's pronounced haste-air-go

Ostagar

Hay Stair Go

Has Teh Gah

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Due to developmental delays Final Fantasy 7 remake part 2 will be released as a separate game outside the ff7 universe.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxOEPBO4OqA

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

fee-rah-hah

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Fire/Fira/Firaga/Firaja

Fire-uh
Fire-aah-guh
Fire-aah-juh

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
FFVIIR will take so long that they'll eventually just turn it into FFXVI.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why not a remaster of FFXIII while we're all waiting.

Perhaps a version with a not hosed endgame economy and a removal of the cutscene switch? And that only plays the games dialog in the language from Panzer Dragoon Saga with no subtitles?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Just give me a version that mutes Vanille during battles. Hot dang her voice actress is inconsistent ranging from delivering somber stuff well to just outright annoying grunts, gasps, sighs and huffs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm both surprised and not surprised there wasn't a peep about FF7R (eff eff sev-en arr).

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Mega64 posted:

I'm both surprised and not surprised there wasn't a peep about FF7R (eff eff sev-en arr).

I said it in the PS4 thread and I'll say it here: The second they revealed Nomura was directing, everyone should've realized it would either take 15 years to come out or just get canceled.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Bregor posted:

Fire-uh
Fire-aah-guh
Fire-aah-juh

Fire-uh
Fir-a-guh
Fir-a-juh

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Calaveron posted:

So the sony conference is over except for some Spider-Man gameplay and no further news of the 7 remake so

In the time the FFVII remake was announced, Incomniac will have developed and shipped an open world AAA Spider-Man game.

Mega64 posted:

They effectively rebooted last year and brought development in-house. It takes hundreds of people to make a modern AAA game. Most of SE's internal staff is busy working on FFXIV + FFXV updates and finishing KH3. SE's also finding it difficult to poach staff in Japan for the remake.

And Nomura is working on it.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Yeah FF7R isn't really happening till they get KH3 out the door.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

I said it in the PS4 thread and I'll say it here: The second they revealed Nomura was directing, everyone should've realized it would either take 15 years to come out or just get canceled.

I had the barest amount of hope when it was mentioned that they were collaborating with CyberConnect, but the second they left the picture now I don't even realize why Square bothered to announce it if it's not coming out until I'm dead.

We're up to the second boss in 3 years of development.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

HD DAD posted:

Fire-uh
Fir-a-guh
Fir-a-juh

Fear A Guy

Furry Goo

Firion Is Gay

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Guy Firaga

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Is there anybody excited for Octopath Traveler? I have heard basically zero buzz about it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

People say it's cool everytime it comes up but I can't see it selling super well

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I absolutely think it will put up Bravely Default numbers, which were very good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Gologle posted:

Is there anybody excited for Octopath Traveler? I have heard basically zero buzz about it.

Is that the splatoon expansion

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Yeah Bravely Default both reviewed and sold well, so I don't see why Octopath wouldn't if it's actually good. Switch is the perfect platform for a game like that right now, and it will probably be the thing that gets me to pull the trigger (again, assuming it's good).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Help Im Alive posted:

People say it's cool everytime it comes up but I can't see it selling super well

Are you new to how the Switch works

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And absolutely no one talked about Bravely Default prior to its release either, so

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm hyped as hell for Octopath. The original demo had some solid gameplay and it seems like they've fixed most of the issues with it since (and most of them were pretty minor to begin with).

Also I love that the biggest FF news of E3 is Cloud coming back to Smash.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

I will buy and play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Also I love that the biggest FF news of E3 is Cloud coming back to Smash.

Yeah, but they have not revealed the character everyone is waiting for: Cait Sith