Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think FFG's idea is basically that there are cheaper gunners that provide more direct game effects that will be more appealing to good players.

Part of the way the fat turrets always worked was that they had crazy passive mods(predator+gunner for example) in the first place and that's mostly gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I mean, if you're seriously thinking that Luke stacks up to something like Bistan, even if they were equal points... Well, I'd be wondering if you ever played the game seriously. There's a reason Corran, Dengar and Quickdraw were and are power pieces, attacking twice is loving great.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
The argument is that Luke means you get more actions to spend on mods, and that Luke means you get to attack at all

To which the obvious 'git gud' response very much applies. If you're good, you don't need Luke to get shots, and you can use a Gunner to get double shots.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Another thing worth considering is that side arcs are far more difficult to get out of than front arcs. If you've flown Asajj a lot you can be very confident of trapping ships in your mobile arc alot of the time. They've probably toned down the size of the side arcs and evened out the 4 zones to 90 degrees each, but still, it's far easier keeping a side arc in play than a front arc (unless you got dat white sloop barrel roll Dengar :sadwave:)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

hoiyes posted:

Another thing worth considering is that side arcs are far more difficult to get out of than front arcs. If you've flown Asajj a lot you can be very confident of trapping ships in your mobile arc alot of the time. They've probably toned down the size of the side arcs and evened out the 4 zones to 90 degrees each, but still, it's far easier keeping a side arc in play than a front arc (unless you got dat white sloop barrel roll Dengar :sadwave:)

Looks like white sloops are no longer a thing.

For our last 1.0 league I'm going to run Lone Wolf Dash with Countermeasures so I can get used to running the 2400 without boost. I can't wait for 2.0... gonna Outrider all day erryday

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

For our last 1.0 league I'm going to run Lone Wolf Dash with Countermeasures so I can get used to running the 2400 without boost. I can't wait for 2.0... gonna Outrider all day erryday

I'm running Triple Punishers for the lol

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm running Triple Punishers for the lol

hahaha yeah enjoy that while you can

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

They've not. The arcs are still bigger on the sides.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Have we seen what the shadowcaster is doing in 2? It's a real cool looking ship.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ShineDog posted:

Have we seen what the shadowcaster is doing in 2? It's a real cool looking ship.

Asajj has the same ability but requires spending a force to trigger it. Iirc she has 1 recurring force token. The ship has a 3 dice primary and 2 dice mobile arc. It's been toned down a little, I think both are probably quite viable though, Ketsu probably better due to her alpha striking, maybe?

Doubt we'll see Latts again, without a single charge per turn restriction.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I do like the general idea of named pilots just being better pilots for their ships by dint of being able to do the things their ships normally do, but better, rather than having weird and wacky no-good-reason effects.

Like, it made sense that ice-cold Soontir Fel focused down when stressed. It made sense that hotshot pilot Turr Phenir could pull a fancy barrel roll or stomp the gas after shooting. It made sense that maverick pilot Lt. Lorrir or whoever it was had wild, flashy barrel rolls using the 2 straight template. It didn't make sense that Carnor Jax flying beside you and giving a jaunty wave suddenly made you less focused, less evasive, and unable to do random other stuff that happens to require a focus or evade token.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It's because Jax flys a flashy red whip and when you get too close to him you focus only on all the kill streaks he's painted on the side of his ship.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It makes sense because Carnor Jax is a loving force user and he fucks with your brain using the force.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Staring at the 2.0 spoilers i realised that most of the dedicated bombers i can think of (TIE Bomber, TIE Punisher, Y-Wing) have reload actions but the Scurrg doesn't. I like the Scurrg model lot and would be delighted if it's good, so does anyone have a guess on how you don't run out of ammo with it?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Bistromatic posted:

Staring at the 2.0 spoilers i realised that most of the dedicated bombers i can think of (TIE Bomber, TIE Punisher, Y-Wing) have reload actions but the Scurrg doesn't. I like the Scurrg model lot and would be delighted if it's good, so does anyone have a guess on how you don't run out of ammo with it?

Either
a) You will run out of ammo eventually, or
b) There's some upgrade that you can take, but we haven't seen it yet

darkroot
Apr 11, 2012

Strikers Over Scarif

Bistromatic posted:

The Bomblet Generator still exists.

It takes shields now, but that should still last you enough time with an R2 Astromech.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Rules reference sheet: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564718050463787/permalink/2073820672886853/

Seems like reload no longer gives a weapons disabled token?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

uncle blog posted:

Rules reference sheet: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564718050463787/permalink/2073820672886853/

Seems like reload no longer gives a weapons disabled token?

SLAM doesn't mention the token either. I think that's probably just a truncated description.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Crossposting this from the mini painting thread: In preparation for getting into the game with 2.0 i designed and manufactured a template set. I'll be leaving my scale modeling job in a few weeks so it's also a bit of a parting gift to myself.

Since i decided i playing Scum i thought really hard about the core of the faction identity. What i arrived at was: get high, get rich

The set comes in two carrying cases made from black acrylic. I decided to split them because i didn't want to extend the main case to the 30cm required to fit the range 3 ruler.

Each case consists of two halves held together by magnets.

The template themselves contain 1.5 x 0.5 mm magnets that are weak enough not to be noticable during gameplay. They to however proved enough of a field for the 3mm magnets inside each tray to hold the templates in place.

Hard to capture in photos but the designs are engraved from the back so they have a nice depth to them when the lighting is right.

The range rulers are 15mm wide but flare out to 20mm at one end, this will hopefully help with checking the new bullseye arc.

If space is at a premium the lower halves have grooves that allow me to stand up the templates in half the surface area of the opened cases.

I was about 90% done with this project when i went to watch Solo, guess i'm working for Crimson Dawn now :v:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jesus christ that is awesome. I want one.

Just a thought: you might be able to make the main case just a bit bigger, then fit the Range 3 ruler diagonally across the middle of the side with the turns/banks. That's usually how I see that working.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

ConfusedUs posted:

Jesus christ that is awesome. I want one.

Just a thought: you might be able to make the main case just a bit bigger, then fit the Range 3 ruler diagonally across the middle of the side with the turns/banks. That's usually how I see that working.

Hmm, that might have worked but it's too late now. That would end up being a complete rebuild of the case, ordering new materials and everything. Mostly i spent way too much time polishing the edges.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Fuuuuuuck thats cool. I want one.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

Fuuuuuuck thats cool. I want one.

Not empty quoting. Dope as.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Holy poo poo. That is some excellent work.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Bistromatic posted:

Crossposting this from the mini painting thread: In preparation for getting into the game with 2.0 i designed and manufactured a template set. I'll be leaving my scale modeling job in a few weeks so it's also a bit of a parting gift to myself.

Since i decided i playing Scum i thought really hard about the core of the faction identity. What i arrived at was: get high, get rich

The set comes in two carrying cases made from black acrylic. I decided to split them because i didn't want to extend the main case to the 30cm required to fit the range 3 ruler.

The template themselves contain 1.5 x 0.5 mm magnets that are weak enough not to be noticable during gameplay. They to however proved enough of a field for the 3mm magnets inside each tray to hold the templates in place.

Hard to capture in photos but the designs are engraved from the back so they have a nice depth to them when the lighting is right.

The range rulers are 15mm wide but flare out to 20mm at one end, this will hopefully help with checking the new bullseye arc.

If space is at a premium the lower halves have grooves that allow me to stand up the templates in half the surface area of the opened cases.

I was about 90% done with this project when i went to watch Solo, guess i'm working for Crimson Dawn now :v:

This is amazing, but please tell me you’re going to paint a bunch of ships in matching black and gold chrome, right?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is amazing, but please tell me you’re going to paint a bunch of ships in matching black and gold chrome, right?

I feel like the Firespray and Fang Fighter would both be amazing in that color scheme.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Have a store tournament at the end of month and keeping trying to think of a list with Krennic
Was thinking of the following. Ryad with 5 shields makes and a coordinate from RaC sounds appealing:
VT-49 Decimator: •Rear Admiral Chiraneau (60)
Engine Upgrade (4)
•Dauntless (2)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Tactical Officer (2)
•Director Krennic (5)

TIE Defender: •Countess Ryad (40)
Shield Upgrade (4)
TIE/x7 (-2)
Expertise (4)

Total: 100/100

Edit: nm, won't work since Ryad would have too many shields for optimized prototype

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

I feel like the Firespray and Fang Fighter would both be amazing in that color scheme.

Don't even detail them. Just paint them both a flat goddamn brilliant gold. Find some cubic zirconia and spot bedazzle those motherfuckers. A couple on the weapon hard points. Maybe a couple of big ones for the engines.

They'll see you rolling and there's even a high chance that they'll also be hating as a result.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
This is amazing. For those of us with access to laser cutters and materials, do you have any plans/specs/files you can share? I particularly love the bullseye-ready range rulers.

I made these wooden stands to go with the acrylic templates my friend cut, but your stuff is another league beyond.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, my local league had it's final night tonight. Dust settled, score is done. 13 players. My girlfriend came in 8th. Me? I came in 2nd. Somehow. What the gently caress? I am terrible at this game

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, my local league had it's final night tonight. Dust settled, score is done. 13 players. My girlfriend came in 8th. Me? I came in 2nd. Somehow. What the gently caress? I am terrible at this game

Clearly not terrible enough!

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Everyone else is more terrible. Never not joust.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Thanks y'all!

BuffaloChicken posted:

This is amazing. For those of us with access to laser cutters and materials, do you have any plans/specs/files you can share? I particularly love the bullseye-ready range rulers.

To be fair, stuff like this is part of my job description even if i mostly build architectural models in practice. I can export my files when i'm at work today. They're mostly made with milling in mind though, a laser cutter wont be able to do the bevels on the cases for example. The template designs themselves on the other hand should be easily adaptable.

And yeah, I'd love to paint up a ship or two in black and gold. (or just gold :v:)

Bistromatic fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 12, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Bistromatic posted:

Jesus gently caress. I just ordered my new ones on the weekend and I am glad you are not selling these otherwise I would be mad at myself

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Yeah wow those are incroy

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So with the Krennic crew card and his condition, does spending the die to remove a shield count as a hit? It doesn't say 'take a damage' or anything, just remove 1 shield. So that wouldn't remove a stealth device, and it wouldn't stop Gunner from triggering, right?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

So with the Krennic crew card and his condition, does spending the die to remove a shield count as a hit? It doesn't say 'take a damage' or anything, just remove 1 shield. So that wouldn't remove a stealth device, and it wouldn't stop Gunner from triggering, right?

Correct. It's not a "hit."

A "hit" is explicitly defined as occurring during the compare results step, when hits/crits exceed evades.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

BuffaloChicken posted:

For those of us with access to laser cutters and materials, do you have any plans/specs/files you can share?

I'm back from work so here's the main file for my template set, it includes the outlines of all templates as well as the cases. If you turn on the layer Konstruktion you'll find a bunch of guidelines i used to help define the geometry.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n82gtihxp8xg9x/x-wing%20templates_share%20export.dxf
I hereby release this file and the designs within under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
The Glitter & Gold logo is based on the Stingray font by Youssef Habchi which is free for personal use.

I have separate files with tool paths for milling but i assume that wouldn't be of much use unless you just happen to have access to a Zünd mill as well.

The cases consist of a 5mm acrylic base layer and a 3mm acrylic frame, they are aligned with 2x6mm steel pins. Around those steel pins sit 5x2mm ring magnets that are sunk 1,5mm into the frame so they provide a bit of spacing between the case halves.

The templates are just plain old transparent 3mm acrylic. I first engraved the designs, painted them gold, sanded the excess gold away and then sprayed everything black. I know Trotec makes some "reverse" engraving materials that might make this process easier and more streamlined, especially for lasers. Might be work looking into.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Thank you! If I ever get anything made with those plans, will definitely come back here to share with you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

FFG announced some 2.0 launch tournaments for Gen Con. $80 and you get a core set and either a Y-Wing or a TIE advance, plus some unspecified extra stuff. Tickets go on sale Saturday at noon eastern time.