Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

The newest Art of Wrestling is an audio diary of this week.

Imagine possibly facing paying millions in damages potentially.

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1004769960600702982

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Dave's Terry Funk retiring/AAA running US shows analogy really went places.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It sucks like hell that Colt had to pay for a lawyer because WWE wanted a proxy lawsuit against Punk.

Hope that Colt got a good Family Friend rate and gets a nice payday tour out of it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

work

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rovert posted:

Imagine possibly facing paying millions in damages potentially.

This was really good!

I loved Colt describing his lawyer.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gonzo McFee posted:

It sucks like hell that Colt had to pay for a lawyer because WWE wanted a proxy lawsuit against Punk.

Hope that Colt got a good Family Friend rate and gets a nice payday tour out of it.

They didn't even get costs, which blows my mind, except us courts are dumb and stupid so it doesn't really.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

He spoiled the trial outcome right at the start of the show! :argh:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I really hope this whole bullshit ordeal doesn't wreck Colt's friendship with Punk.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Can someone post the direct link to Colt's podcast? I'd like to downloadto listen on a plane and I keep getting redirected to soundcloud's mobile site even when I tell my phone to show the desktop version.

E: never mind, got it to finally work.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 8, 2018

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

algebra testes posted:

They didn't even get costs, which blows my mind, except us courts are dumb and stupid so it doesn't really.

Being forced to pay costs if I lost a case would stop me from going to court in the first place even if I felt I had a good chance, so I’m not sure it’s actually as stupid as it sounds.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

sleepwalkers posted:

Being forced to pay costs if I lost a case would stop me from going to court in the first place even if I felt I had a good chance, so I’m not sure it’s actually as stupid as it sounds.

The problem is that would hurt someone like WWE way less than you think and hurt people with valid complaints far more.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I mean I do criminal law so this isn't my thing but typically if there was a valid reason for the case then they arent rewarded but in a bullshit claim like against punk they are. There are also exceptions if the other side offer to settle and you get less from the judgment you have to pay them for wasting their time. Also they are awarded on a scale so you are still out of pocket but it lessens the blow.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

CascadeBeta posted:

The problem is that would hurt someone like WWE way less than you think and hurt people with valid complaints far more.
Yeah, that’s basically what I was trying to say. But also I’m not a lawyer of any sort and I don’t wanna derail too far down a rabbit hole I don’t know poo poo about.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I think I saw someone say you can't Vibe counter sue for costs in defamation cases in Illinois. I don't know why a system would be arranged that way though

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BookingMemphis/status/1005093455805153280?s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Every so often Bryan Alvarez shows how much he'd be exactly as bad as WWE normally is at booking and his decrying the Dakota Kai angles with Shayna Baszler is one of those. You take those segments out and Shayna's a bully that no-one is scared of, which kills the gimmick and makes the babyfaces seem less badass when they're NOT scared of her.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1005544535630364672

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I normally like BAN but holy god Semp calling a black dude "brother" in the first 3 minutes was incredible and somehow even worse than his WOL shtick.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i really dont like when he claims he's "axing" a question guy has been a chore to listen to for years now and i would honestly so much prefer it if wol was nason and bryan

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bryan by himself would be a major upgrade honestly

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
WOR is up.

quote:

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer is back today with full review of both the New Japan Dominion show with perhaps the greatest match of all time and a stacked undercard, and UFC 225 with the CM Punk vs. Mike Jackson fight, more weight-cutting disasters and more. Plus, Raw and Smackdown previews and more! A fun show as always so check it out~!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the o/u is at 6.6 snowflakes

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Over.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Over

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sticking with 6.9

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Over

Cavauro posted:

sticking with 6.9

Nice

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Bryan's pronunciation of tranquillo on this WOR is the most shameful thing I've ever heard.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

16 stars. five for the first fall, five for the second fall, six for the last fall.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm picking 7 Stars. He's already said it's probably the best match he has ever seen in his life.

Cavauro posted:

sticking with 6.9

:hmmyes:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Dave is old school so I'm guessing that what happens is that after his star rating exceeds 5.9 stars, his coding doesn't know how to handle it and it rolls over into negative -5.9999∼ stars.

Which makes sense because the match was so good it effectively ruined every other match he'll ever watch, thus making it the worst match by virtue of ruining wrestling for him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It wont ruin anything, all I can think is going back and watching unsanctioned Gargano v Ciampa and how great it will still be in the year end voting.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1005921810657959946

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd feel confident in Craig's ability to go the distance

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Wang vs Punk at Bellator in like 1 year will be cool

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We're back as we wrap up Jerry's diary and review his twitter.

https://twitter.com/MonumentalPod/status/1006359404097175552

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

How much is WWE paying you to keep silent over D'Lo Brown's treatment

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I was just wondering, Bryan had a different co-host with him on WOL, right? What was that like? What were the circumstances of their departure, and was there any sort of honeymoon period with Semp before being as maligned as he is now?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lggf4uBYLsg

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ghostpilot posted:

I was just wondering, Bryan had a different co-host with him on WOL, right? What was that like? What were the circumstances of their departure, and was there any sort of honeymoon period with Semp before being as maligned as he is now?

For a long time he was paired with a man named "Dave Meltzer".

Sadly how these two interacted is a mystery for the ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Mike Sanders being a possible NWA title contender might actually be more dire than "Nick Aldis, NWA Champion". What the hell did everyone see in Mike Sanders?