Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Sulphagnist posted:

Keskusta is growing increasingly desperate and now suggests postponing the parliamentary elections by two months simply so that the regional elections can happen before the parliamentary ones.

It would be kinda fitting that the worst government in ages will also be the longest government ever, it sure as gently caress as felt like it
This really doesn't seem like the kind of thing that can be decided by a simple parliamentary majority, especially in the case of this government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

This really doesn't seem like the kind of thing that can be decided by a simple parliamentary majority, especially in the case of this government.

The Sipman probably thinks that like everything else this goverment does, postponing the elections can just be agreed on in the old boys' club, no need to make a fuss out of it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

The Sipman probably thinks that like everything else this goverment does, postponing the elections can just be agreed on in the old boys' club, no need to make a fuss out of it.

I guess he's been relying on that for everything, forgetting he was never actually invited to the club. That explains a lot.

e: He should ask Berner to sponsor him.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Whenever re-scheduling elections is discussed in the media it's always in the context of all parties having to agree to it unanimously, so yeah. I think technically it will require enacting a poikkeuslaki with a 5/6ths majority since the parliamentary term is defined in the constitution, so unanimity is an added norm on top of that.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Haha yeah lmao this government is grasping at straws here. "C'mon boys. What's a few more weeks?"

...forever and ever

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Sipilä is incompetent

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I live for those moments when Päivi Räsänen defends Christians wanting to deny human rights from others by calling their critics as bigots :allears:

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Wheany posted:

Sipilä is incompetent

so is our media who buffed this idiot until like two days before election

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

El Perkele posted:

so is our media who buffed this idiot until like two days before election

I don't remember anything like that in Tiedonantaja :thunk:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
OMG someone in my kantabaari has scrapped the K letter from the tuoppis so it reads "Arjala" instead of "Karjala". All these ppl are looking to punch some Nazis while I just want to continue my great round at the RAY machine. I put 5e in and I am at 67e now. This must be one of the most Finnish (Helsinki) problems ever.

EDIT: this is like 51 tuoppis this is one dedicated nazi

https://ibb.co/d6KYYT

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 6, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

OMG someone in my kantabaari has scrapped the K letter from the tuoppis so it reads "Arjala" instead of "Karjala". All these ppl are looking to punch some Nazis while I just want to continue my great round at the RAY machine. I put 5e in and I am at 67e now. This must be one of the most Finnish (Helsinki) problems ever.

EDIT: this is like 59 tuoppis this is one dedicated nazi

Cash in at 350€ or don't cash in at all :smugmrgw:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

EDIT: this is like 51 tuoppis this is one dedicated nazi

https://ibb.co/d6KYYT

Meticulously sabotaging tuoppis to own the libs :godwinning:

Although I do understand why they'd choose one of the vaasankatu places for this act of high terror :haw:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Maybe they just wanted to highlight Karjala's status as an ongoing crime against humanity?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10243729
Doesn't this mean that anything the sote-valiokunta returns to the perustuslakivaliokunta will be met with a certain "Nope!".

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10243729
Doesn't this mean that anything the sote-valiokunta returns to the perustuslakivaliokunta will be met with a certain "Nope!".

This is a bit hairier than that because it's not a strict constitutional requirement, but it definitely gives PeVL a legitimate opening to tell the government to gently caress off. But this is the sort of thing where they might also plausibly buckle under pressure.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

quote:

Sipilän mukaan notifikaatiosta on myös oltu virkamiestasolla yhteyksissä EU-komissioon, jonka virkamiehet ovat pitäneet notifikaation hakemista tarpeettomana.

– Komissiosta on virkamiestasolla kerrottu, että he eivät ota tätä asiaa käsittelyyn, että älkää jättäkö hakemusta, sanoo Sipilä.

So tomorrow this is going to be revealed as complete bullshit, right? They haven't asked anyone anything.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

The committee knew about these unofficial consultations when they were authoring their statement. They still insisted on an official notification.

If the EU Commission will not accept the notification, all they have to do is send it and get it in writing. I wonder why they refuse to do that?

This is all about the fact that the notification will take too long to get a response to, meaning no valinnanvapaus before the elections, meaning kokoomus won't play ball. Probably also gambling on the notification procedure being too arcane and confusing to really make people pay attention.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Darkest Auer posted:

So tomorrow this is going to be revealed as complete bullshit, right? They haven't asked anyone anything.

If Juha says that his uncle works in the commission and can bypass bureaucracy then it would be uncivil to question his claim.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is there a new Finnish chat thread since the "teaching foreigners to say perkele" one seems to be archived? I just wanted to post

"Kun se tapahtui, isän silmät alkoivat punoittaa ja ilmaan levisi äyriäisen haju."

without explanation TIA.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

jokainen lanka on finnish tsätti lanka jos vain uskoo

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005711132.html

A great summary of why Soini is a piece of poo poo

EDIT: lol:
https://www.uusisuomi.fi/kotimaa/250711-alma-tutkimus-paljastaa-soten-epasuosion-kokoomukselle-surkea-luku

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 8, 2018

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Maybe they just wanted to highlight Karjala's status as an ongoing crime against humanity?

I think you're on to something here

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

No niin, nyt vähän bolsevistista rauhallisuutta jos saan pyytää.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*settles down bolshevistically*

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

So the latest government line on the EU Commission notification is that we can already predict with certainty that the EU Commission will not reply in substance because there's an on-going EU Court case over a Slovenian healthcare scheme that is similar and the Commission doesn't want to prejudice it.

On the face of it, this makes sense, but again, the only way to find out for sure is to ask.

In addition, this is missing the bigger point: it's reckless to start up a scheme similar to Slovenia's at this point, it should wait until the EU Court's decision is available and there's no legal uncertainty. This goes from an argument for why the notification shouldn't be made, to an argument for why the reform shouldn't be implemented (yet). Again, not even involving the substantive analysis that valinnanvapaus is a giant mistake in the first place, just looking at its relationship to EU law.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

*settles down bolshevistically*

:commissar:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Sulphagnist posted:

In addition, this is missing the bigger point: it's reckless to start up a scheme similar to Slovenia's at this point, it should wait until the EU Court's decision is available and there's no legal uncertainty.

Oh dear I hope this government doesn't do something recklessly and with no concern for the law :ohdear:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
In a totally surprising mega-shocking move, the government is loving that chicken again:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Darkest Auer posted:

In a totally surprising mega-shocking move, the government is loving that chicken again:

Government Chicken Jizz Explosion is the name of my Eppu Normaali cover band.

Seriously, it's a tragicomedy how badly those idiots go "well it's just paperwork" "you didn't do your loving paperwork". Bar napkin legislature.

endlessmonotony fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 10, 2018

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
We have a right wing government and they still hosed up the proposed gun legislature? How does that happen.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Juha Sipilä is incompetent

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Most of the Finnish right-wing has poo poo for brains and no concept of balancing out graft with some administration and things like that.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Ja mä kun luulin itse olleeni vähän leväperäinen toimiessani talotoimikunnan puheenjohtajana kun en jaksanut jokaista kahvipakettiostoskuittia arkistoida.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005718517.html

:lol: getting a bit desperate there Juha?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

:aaa: :five:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Looks like "Active model II" is still in the works. This time around the unemployed masses need to send applications to at least four different postings per month which the government considers is within the realms of possibility. Those who don't fulfill the quotas get sanctions. Initially it was 12 applications per 3 months, so it's somehow better?

The government is hard at work building the foundations of SDP rule for the next four years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The government is hard at work building the foundations of SDP rule for the next four years.

This would be the case if SDP wasn't content on crying in the corner and staying out of any and all media coverage whatsoever