Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
No because you’re the only person who plays bots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheBizzness posted:

I play with bots.

It's the only time I'm actually good at playing Jason. :(

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
I have had this game for a while and I can't even comprehend getting to levels past 100. I don't think I cracked level 20. Seems like 60 percent of the time the game stops when the host gets killed and unplugs his Xbox. I don't remember the last time I finished a game as Jason so I hardly play it. I don't want to grind bots, however the single player challenges are kind of fun. Do you even get xp for those?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Offline bots yes.
Single player challenges no.

Has the salt mine opened yet? Surprised that host dc bullshit is still happening...

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It doesn’t happen nearly as often on PS4.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Bots are good for grinding up XP during double weekends if you're not already level 140. They're also good for learning the map layouts if you're not already level 140.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

There's a new bug where sometimes when Jason kills someone or someone escapes, the game ends early, so it's not always a disconnect. It's extremely weird though, and only seems to happen once in a while.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I think I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 370 hours and I'm level 116 or so. And I'm someone who might quit 1 out of 50 or 1 out of 100 games.

Needless to say the grind is very real, and certainly harder to do now than it was earlier on. Really they could stand to have the double XP being the baseline.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I didn’t realize you got double XP for playing bots, that’s pretty cool then.

I’d still rather do multiplayer just because bots would be so monotonous but I can see the value in it now.

Double XP seasons are when you level up btw.

Went from 117 to the cusp of 142 during the double XP periods recently.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

TheBizzness posted:

When I played a lot, I played online more often than not. As a family man I don't always have the time, and I just want to pop in and pop out for some quick fun.

The changes they made kind of sucked the fun out of it for me.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
I know goons tend to do the private match thing. Has anyone been able to play in a group at all since the last patch? The last couple times we tried it was completely impossible to join a game as a group and incredibly weird poo poo would happen like where every group member would get put into a different lobby (and then get booted with a "You were kicked!" message).

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah, parties seem to be pretty broken right now, it's very strange.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Welp

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3503558/legal-claim-brings-indefinite-end-new-friday-13th-game-content/

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hahah and they just made it so no one could give themselves uber jason and his kills.

hosed up. Rip.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Well...uh, maybe they can focus on fixing bugs now? :shrug:

:ughh:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I've been saying for 7 years now that Sean Cunningham needs to stop being a dildo and pay off that old fart.

Especially with R-rated horror movies making shitzillions of dollars right now it's insane they can't just settle with him and make the money back with one movie.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Hahah and they just made it so no one could give themselves uber jason and his kills.

hosed up. Rip.

They should "accidentally" put in a bug that lets people use him through an exploit. This sucks.

edit:
does this mean the console versions now have 0 chance at dedicated servers?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Spacebump posted:

edit:
does this mean the console versions now have 0 chance at dedicated servers?

They say in the article that they're still planning the dedicated servers and bug fixes, it's only the end of new content until this gets settled.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I've been saying for 7 years now that Sean Cunningham needs to stop being a dildo and pay off that old fart.

Especially with R-rated horror movies making shitzillions of dollars right now it's insane they can't just settle with him and make the money back with one movie.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3034739-friday13.html

Cunningham's company owns the rights. Miller is basically a loon who thinks that the contract he signed making him Cunningham's employee when he wrote the script doesn't count for reasons and started issuing a bunch of apparently fraudulent Termination of Copyright notices to try and badger them into giving up the rights.

I'm sure for Cunningham it's as much about the principle of the thing as it is the ability to make money off the franchise. A settlement is taken as public implication that the plaintiff was correct and the defendant really was guilty of whatever they're being sued for. I can see him fighting the lawsuit to the end and trying to get Miller's case dismissed with prejudice as a way of cementing his ownership of a franchise that he created.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Do they let you skip the cutscenes at the beginning of the single player challenges yet?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

wyoak posted:

Do they let you skip the cutscenes at the beginning of the single player challenges yet?

Let's wait until this legal nonsense clears up before we talk about such drastic changes to the IP

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i'm pretty sure miller has also made it clear that he's not interested in settling for just cash - he actively wants royalty percentages anytime someone uses Jason and Friends, which basically makes the franchise eternally radioactive.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I love my dead and gay game

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sticky Nate posted:

I love my dead and gay game

The reaction on Twitter has been doom and gloom. Or people demanding refunds or claiming the developers are "Just giving up"

It's intensely stupid. So the usual.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm sure this is just going to be temporary. The judge overseeing the suit likely issued a formal notice staying further development of the Friday the 13th franchise until it reaches its conclusion. Miller's claim seems pretty baseless, so it'll probably resolve with Cunningham's company maintaining the rights and development continuing on the game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm sure this is just going to be temporary. The judge overseeing the suit likely issued a formal notice staying further development of the Friday the 13th franchise until it reaches its conclusion. Miller's claim seems pretty baseless, so it'll probably resolve with Cunningham's company maintaining the rights and development continuing on the game.

I hope so. They might not be the best at coding but they really put a lot of love into the game :smith:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I for one am looking forward to Gun Media's next and legally distinctive project, Summer Camp.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

chitoryu12 posted:

I too have confidence in the American legal system working in an efficient manner to resolve this. :geno:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

I too have confidence in the American legal system working in an efficient manner to resolve this. :geno:

I’m currently involved in a more complicated corporate suit. If the suit has progressed to this point and Miller’s claims really are baseless, it might be resolved by the end of the year.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It sucks but if the game wasn't a buggy mess they probably could survive with what they had and with enough good will long enough to get a Part 2 when this was all settled.

Instead Gun/Illfonic should probably start considering what their new name should be.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 11, 2018

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
There are bugs?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have encountered no bugs.

Only joy

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Can’t wait for Victor Miller to drop loving dead

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Wanderer posted:

I for one am looking forward to Gun Media's next and legally distinctive project, Summer Camp.

Sleepaway Camp

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I Greyhound posted:

Sleepaway Camp

penises collected 0/12

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Coffee And Pie posted:

Can’t wait for Victor Miller to drop loving dead

The good news is he's like 80.

So in film franchise terms, Cunningham can totally play the waiting game.

As for the game, this may be a disaster.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Can't wait for the new IP they pick, adding content from popular slasher movie Terror at Tenkiller.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Game was on life support anyway as a year old multiplayer title with thin replay value. Peak concurrent players now is like 3% of what it was at launch.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

At least they got the singleplayer out before this happened, I guess

it's a shame this game never managed to get fully realized, but i enjoyed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I see a lot of people saying they're gonna go play Dead by Daylight instead, but I mean, that seems a bit extreme, going to self-harm just because the game isn't releasing new content.

• Locked thread