Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hustlin Floh posted:

Alolan Musk needs to stop trying to beat the Mossdeep space center to PokeMars and instead make sure his electric cars stop running people over.

less laughter posted:

and stop dating Grimer

Dropping into say how much I appreciate these two posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Alolan Musk"

Does it come in Garboder flavor?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no it comes in grimer

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

hangedman1984 posted:

Why are you a hateful cruel person? Tie-dye Muk is beautiful and if you can't understand that then you don't deserve it.

co-sign. adding Dark type also made Muk crazy-better. It is only weak to Ground type moves, and offensively counters Psychic and Ghost types.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

no it comes in grimer

Holy moly.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

EthanSteele posted:

Its pokedex says "Its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack, so it is very eager to make challenges against enemies." so actually nobody can kick its rear end and it definitely isn't one of the pokemon that has the most weaknesses in the game.

Depends on your definition of harm, I guess. Maybe what it really means is "Tyranitar is suicidally overconfident because it can't feel pain and won't realize when its armor is being shattered."

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

oddium posted:

no it comes in grimer

:popeye:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

EthanSteele posted:

Its pokedex says "Its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack, so it is very eager to make challenges against enemies." so actually nobody can kick its rear end and it definitely isn't one of the pokemon that has the most weaknesses in the game.

you are only hurting its feelings

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Spatula City posted:

co-sign. adding Dark type also made Muk crazy-better. It is only weak to Ground type moves, and offensively counters Psychic and Ghost types.

Beautiful, strong, useful competitively and incredibly versatile in-game, Alolan Muk might be the most perfect pokemon in existence.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Meanwhile its type combo twin is stuck in PU, poor thing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

less laughter posted:

PU is right am I right fellas

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Yeah it is thematically ftting at least.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

EthanSteele posted:

I assume it means Normal type of attacks, which, sure.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Houle posted:

Dialga / Palkia code
A8Z4 XEK5 SWHQ PEPU

Taking this!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

less laughter posted:

A good poke

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

And yet Drapion, the best of the three, gets no love

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

And yet Drapion, the best of the three, gets no love

Drapion is super cool and deserves more love.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Drapion has my favourite crit gimmick build, where you have a 50% crit chance between scope lens and move choice and double damage when they land.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

TroubledWaters posted:

Eeeek, I got the “error has occurred, please hold the power button” message while fighting the elite four.

I’m not sure what is causing it. I do have a third party SD card and a downloaded Nintendo Store game without cartridge, but the SD card is compatible and this has never happened before. Fortunately, all of my data seems to be in place.

Is the “repair game” function safe to use, or will it just delete my savegame? Are there any other ideas to prevent something like this from happening while I am saving and wrecking my game?

Try playing the game with the wifi switched off. If it works, your wifi card has dislodged on the inside of your console and you either need to mail it away for repair or do it yourself.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Ziddar posted:

Drapion is super cool and deserves more love.

Do you happen to know the name of this artist? I remember finding their page years ago and now I can't remember what they're called.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

oddium posted:

no it comes in grimer

This is the best

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Do you happen to know the name of this artist? I remember finding their page years ago and now I can't remember what they're called.

http://pearlsaurus.fc2web.com/elog.html

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

These are great! As a kid I remember being the only one of my friends who preferred collecting the Topps cards over the TCG because of how they depicted pokemon using attacks from the game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

These are really good but the Google Translations of the attacks are amazing and deserve to be shared.

Ivysaur: "Hot-cutter" (Razor Leaf)
Wartortle: "The rocket squirrel" (Skull Bash)
Caterpie: "Let's leave" (good advice, also, String Shot)
Weedle: "Talks" (Poison Sting)
Pidgeotto "Maid" (someone's fetish, also, Mud Slap)
Rattata: "A big deal" (top percentage, Tackle)
Raticate: "Towards an aquarium" (Super Fang)
Spearow: "Parrots feed" (Mirror Move)
Arbok: "Sow tuna" (Coil)
Sandslash: "Midget scratching" (Fury Swipes)
Nidoran-F: "Nonsense" (these translations, but also, Growl)
Nidorino: "To have one" (Horn Attack)
Nidoking: "To be spared" (the opposite, Thrash)
Clefable: "It is rare" (I guess it'd be a good way to get others to Follow Me)
Vulpix: "Long distance" (Howl)
Ninetales: "Snack" (personally, I wouldn't eat a Will O' Wisp)
Zubat: "Custody" (Leech Life is not the best way to get it)
Paras: "Sexual intercourse" (jesus christ, Growth)

I'd continue but I don't think anything will top that one. You could make a whole new Vietnamese Crystal with these though!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

oddium posted:

no it comes in grimer

lmao

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Working my way through Ultra Sun slowly, just to get the new UBs to fill out my living dex

And I’m correct in my understanding that Diancie has had only one single NA release so far and I probably won’t be seeing it again for a while, yeah?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Nidoran-F: "Nonsense" (these translations, but also, Growl)

This is the funniest one because you can kind of almost see how the mistranslation comes about

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Sockser posted:

Working my way through Ultra Sun slowly, just to get the new UBs to fill out my living dex

And I’m correct in my understanding that Diancie has had only one single NA release so far and I probably won’t be seeing it again for a while, yeah?

For literally 3 days, yes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

diancie was also a gamestop code for a bit

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

diancie was also a carbink for a bit

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Bulbapedia actually says it was also a GameStop code in 2014

lol if you think this post is being anything but pedantic and unhelpful though because wtf they just won't give it to us

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Give me a loving Diancie you goddamned Pokébastards

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
People from Japan just hate everyone not from Japan and this is one of their ways of expressing that.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I'm really sad I can't get another Diancie after I lost mine. Fairy is my favorite type.

Shiny Carbink should have pink crystals imo. Shiny Diancie should have blue crystals.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
so I'm 4 shinies into my Eevee breeding program and I was looking for ways to speed it up; tried swap breeding, which I must have hosed up because it didn't work. maybe I used a bad guide or skipped a crucial step or something, cause it seems like a pretty surefire method from what I can tell. idk if I'm gonna try it again because it requires way more conscious attention than regular breeding, although I gotta say running through 210+ magikarps went by in a blink compared to the same number of Eevees

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

What's swap breeding?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

PetraCore posted:

What's swap breeding?

Saving, breeding something with a ludicrously short hatch rate, noting the number of the egg that hatches shiny, then loading back to the save and breeding the pokemon you want, tossing away all the eggs except the one you know will be shiny.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Has anyone done the math on shiny breeding in the Crystal port? I read somewhere that since shininess is IV-based, you can get a much higher rate of shiny hatches once the parents are shiny, but I dunno how it stacks against all the QoL life changes and things like being unable to breed for hidden abilities. Plus I guess you can’t breed female shiny Eevees.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

indigi posted:

so I'm 4 shinies into my Eevee breeding program and I was looking for ways to speed it up; tried swap breeding, which I must have hosed up because it didn't work. maybe I used a bad guide or skipped a crucial step or something, cause it seems like a pretty surefire method from what I can tell. idk if I'm gonna try it again because it requires way more conscious attention than regular breeding, although I gotta say running through 210+ magikarps went by in a blink compared to the same number of Eevees

Yeah, I've bred a ton of shinies and I dislike swap breeding. It's just a *little* too much focus for me when I could just regular breed while watching something or listening to a podcast instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Has anyone done the math on shiny breeding in the Crystal port? I read somewhere that since shininess is IV-based, you can get a much higher rate of shiny hatches once the parents are shiny, but I dunno how it stacks against all the QoL life changes and things like being unable to breed for hidden abilities. Plus I guess you can’t breed female shiny Eevees.

Well, yes, and no, and yes. It's complicated.

+All pokemon transferred from the virtual console crystal port to Generation 6 have their hidden abilities.
-Pokemon with a ratio of 7/1(Such as eevees and Starters) Can never be both Shiny and Female, due to the way that their IVs are used to determine gender.
-Pokemon inherit their IVs, and thus their propensity for Shininess from their Opposite Gendered Parent, combined with the previous point you can't breed for shininess with 7/1 ratio Pokemon. Also...
-You cannot breed two shiny pokemon together as their Defense and Special IVs would flag them as related.
But.
+++Ditto is considered the "opposite gendered parent" in generation 2. If you can get your hands on a shiny Ditto, it's children will always have a 1/64 chance of being shiny.