Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Lmao he's just ranting about his genius uncle, they used to talk about Nuclear all the time :downs:

He still rambles and random horseshit like a highschooler who hasn't prepared his speech homework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

There was a goddamn superslam of a question towards the end, I can't remember the exact wording but it was something along the lines of "in 2000, when KJI requested a meeting, President Clinton refused to go himself and sent Madeline Albright instead. Now, Un has made a request and you've come yourself. Do you think this could be seen to be legitimising a regime which is oppressing its people?"

He just went "actually I think I understand that better than you do." and jumped straight to the next question.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lmao at the end "I don't need to verify because I have one of the great memories of all time"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Motherfucker has the iq of a bowl of room temperature oatmeal

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

orange juche posted:

Motherfucker has the iq of a bowl of room temperature oatmeal

Hey don’t poo poo on oatmeal like that.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah dude take it back oatmeal is good and does good for a lot of people

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Hey don’t poo poo on oatmeal like that.

Cold grits then, ya know once they turn into tasteless concrete

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Oatmeal did nothing wrong

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

Oatmeal did nothing wrong

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I feel like it's increasingly likely that I'm just going to punch the next person I meet who tries to defend Trump's bullshit in their loving face.

God, he's getting worse

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I feel like it's increasingly likely that I'm just going to punch the next person I meet who tries to defend Trump's bullshit in their loving face.

God, he's getting worse

I dunno, I feel like that meeting went way better than it could have. For starters, he was on time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

psydude posted:

I dunno, I feel like that meeting went way better than it could have. For starters, he was on time.

I mean, good in that we didn't start / vow nuclear war during or immediately after.

Other than that I can't see anything that happened that actually benefits us. We make SK look bad, cancel exercises, give NK prestige and a political win to help stabilize their government and we get in return "I trust Kim and he made some promises".

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Historic moment!

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1006473156868091904?s=19

Trump told the 100% truth about something.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Trump never shook Merkel's hand when he first met her lmao

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

lmbo now he's ranting about iran

seriously

gently caress this guy forever

i'd take dubya any day of the loving week

I’d gladly take Slick Willie over syphilis brains

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It really is amazing how poo poo of a dealmaker Trump is.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I would take every other president over Trump and that includes loving James Buchanan.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

'Memba when Nixon was the anti-Christ?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Historic moment!

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1006473156868091904?s=19

Trump told the 100% truth about something.

Trump would make a great 30 year Army reserve E5 mechanic (primary MOS fueler) with a dead man's profile. The guy who always volunteers to drive in the tactical vehicle convoy from the reserve center to whichever base the FTX is at so he can stash a cooler full of mountain dew and coors and is always conspicuously missing from the zero range. But he always turns up at the last minute and asks to use your weapon for IWQ because the armorer is working on his.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Remember when people were saying that George W Bush was the worst president in history?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

Remember when people were saying that George W Bush was the worst president in history?

Well, he was.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I feel like I should go read Isikoff's Hubris: The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War again. It would be refreshing compared to this poo poo every day.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Fox is going to earn their paycheck today with all the spin and bullshit. Strong Daddy Trump gave Un more than he could have possibly dreamed and the bigly deal maker got a handshake and a photo op in return. Can't wait to find out how this was eleventeenth dimensional hyperchess I just can't understand as a stupid liberal and how it's going to make all true believers dicks three inches longer.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I've been thinking about how to describe what just happened, and it's pretty much an unmitigated defeat and enormous loss of face for the US. And there's a sizeable chunk who are too stupid or misled to even see it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

Fox is going to earn their paycheck today with all the spin and bullshit.

OBAMA WENT TO CUBA AND RECOGNIZED A MURDEROUS DICTATOR CHECKMATE LIBS

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Trump has been trounced by a man who was considered a joke.
What does that make Trump?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Statement here for those who just want to read the statement: https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...e=socialnetwork

Links to past agreements:

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1006431903413440512

This statement says a whole lot of nothing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

James Buchanan.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dance Officer posted:

Trump still hasn't started two forever wars.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie lies as much as everyone in W's administration combined.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stultus Maximus posted:

Give it time. Syria and Yemen are starting to heat up.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
We're cancelling exercises apparently w SK

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Well that makes my pointless hour long emergency management briefing prepping for the next Beverly even more useless. Yaaay.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Japan's gonna decide that reunification of Korea (with Japan) is in everyone's best interest.

Edit: lol

https://twitter.com/annafifield/status/1006456990795587584

That Works fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 12, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oatmeal 2020

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/1006518228208758784?s=19

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Woo-hoo more literal lies, both in the scroller and from the bridge trolls mouth!

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Tour bus driver just greeted me with a cheerful "looks like Trump got it done!"

We are so hosed.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Stultus Maximus posted:

While this likely won't end in a US forever war, the thing in Yemen is about to eclipse both Iraq and Afghanistan in how horrible it is.

First up, you have the war parties bomb the sanitary and medical facilities, and impose a blockade on a country that imports about 90% of it's food. As a result of drinking unclean water, having little access to medicine and being weakened by famine, Cholera is rampant in the country. What do the benign and wise rulers of the Coalition decide to do?

Why, bombing a Cholera treatment facility!

https://twitter.com/msf_yemen/statu...om%2Flarison%2F

What's next? How about attacking/besieging the by far most important port left, to max human suffering in Yemen? The Coalition might be about to do just that:

https://www.rescue.org/press-release/yemen-imminent-attack-port-city-will-lead-catastrophic-humanitarian-disaster

quote:

Yemen: imminent attack on port city will lead to catastrophic humanitarian disaster

The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is alarmed that fighting between warring parties in Yemen’s main port city of Hodeidah appears to be only days away. The city and its residents are running out of time and cannot afford to wait for a country wide solution. The IRC calls on all parties to the conflict to ensure the port remains operational and innocent lives are spared.

Yemen’s civil war, considered the largest humanitarian crisis in the world, is now in its fourth year and shows no sign of abating. More than 22 million innocent Yemeni civilians are in need of humanitarian aid and 17 million people are food insecure. The country relies on the port of Hodeidah for 90% of its imports and for critical, life-saving aid. An attack or besiegement of the port, and on its 400,000 civilian residents, would have catastrophic consequences. Immediate action is required from all parties to the conflict and the wider international community to deliver an inclusive political solution and put an end to the conflict.

“The port of Hodeidah is a humanitarian lifeline for the people of Yemen,” said David Miliband, President and CEO of the International Rescue Committee. “It is imperative that humanitarian supplies are maintained. We repeat, again, that an assault on Hodeidah is a grave threat to life and livelihood. We urge the UN Security Council to meet today to demand immediate assurances to maintain this critical facility.”

During the first three months of 2018, Hodeidah was estimated to account for more food imports than the next three largest seaports combined. These other ports are unable to handle similar import volumes. In a context where current levels of food and fuel imports into Yemen are already insufficient to meet the basic needs of the population, there is no viable alternative to replace Hodeidah if it is closed by conflict or suffers significant damage due to fighting or scorched earth tactics by a retreating military.

Hodeidah is a living community of 400,000 people, including IRC staff working on critical, life-saving health and clean water and sanitation projects. Some residents have already left the city, others cannot afford to do so. These people have no option but to wait and see how events outside their control play out.

Beyond the very real and very dire humanitarian impacts, the political implications would be severe. For the first time in recent memory, there is a glimmer of hope for a meaningful peace process: UN special representative Martin Griffiths is due to unveil a peace framework, and military action would extinguish any hope for a political process to take root. A peace agreement between warring parties is the only hope for an end to the suffering of the Yemeni people.

The international community must use all leverage to urge all parties to show restraint and keep the space open for a political path forward. The port of Hodeidah must remain operational and undamaged, and parties to the conflict have a moral and legal obligation to ensure that not a single innocent civilian life is lost during military action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Hmm, just woke up and I have been reading about this historic meeting with North Korea....Jesus Christ, Donald Trump is the stupidest son of a bitch.

Just another day in this great country!

• Locked thread