Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Morby posted:

Onimusha was my poo poo back in the day, and Ghosts reminds me of that. It’ll be a day one for me. Same with Sekiro.

Need to play that Spiderman, too.

Onimusha 1 was great but man I got stuck at that sliding block water puzzle for like 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Morby posted:

Onimusha was my poo poo back in the day, and Ghosts reminds me of that. It’ll be a day one for me. Same with Sekiro.

Need to play that Spiderman, too.

There was a trademark leak for Onimusha a while back. It seemed to hint at a remaster/compilation. Ghosts combat does seem slower paced like Onimusha but Onimusha had heavy horror vibes especially the first one. I am sure there will be some creepy moments in Sekiro but it seems more of an action game thus far.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

CrRoMa posted:

Onimusha 1 was great but man I got stuck at that sliding block water puzzle for like 2 years

Big same. I think I just restarted the game at that point.

Ulio posted:

There was a trademark leak for Onimusha a while back. It seemed to hint at a remaster/compilation. Ghosts combat does seem slower paced like Onimusha but Onimusha had heavy horror vibes especially the first one. I am sure there will be some creepy moments in Sekiro but it seems more of an action game thus far.

I would love an Onimusha remaster. Those were some solid games on PS2 and Xbox.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Morby posted:

Big same. I think I just restarted the game at that point.

Yeah its' not too far from the start if I remember rightly? Man now I want to play Onimusha again.

gently caress those sliding puzzles though, the one in Fantastic Dizzy is another bastard, I'm sure theres one in Myst or maybe Riven as well?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Wait, so is this year of the Samurai, or year of the fake arm? I know the one game counts as both though.

Other random things:

1. 5:30 pm EST is "Bandai namco fighting dojo" with Harada, Okubo(soul calibur director) and Keighly so expect that to be where the SC6 release date is announced and maybe some other stuff? They dodged all the earlier Soul Calibur 6 stage show hard questions with "it will be announced at e3" so I figure this is it.

2: Is ghosts of Tsushima set in the first or second Mongol invasion? First invasion went all the way bad for Tsushima, 2nd one was a Japanese victory though.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

exquisite tea posted:

Old man yells at my butt.

:allears:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Evil Canadian posted:

Wait, so is this year of the Samurai, or year of the fake arm? I know the one game counts as both though.

It can't be the year of the fake arm without some kind of bionic commando re-reboot, so Samurai... for now.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I'm excited for all the games except for Kingdom Hearts because I've never played it before and it looks kind of lame, though the gameplay looks decent/fun. Might get the whole collection later if they do a physical release.

I just keep wondering whether Ghost of Tsushima will have a Japanese voice over because, boy, does the fake Japanese accent sound bad and out of place as hell. Since they already got Mongolian speakers (I assume they're native, can't tell) it would only make sense to go the whole nine yards.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Catherine Full Body E3 trailer

https://youtu.be/TEFZP2OfntM

BisterdDave fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 12, 2018

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lordfrikk posted:

I just keep wondering whether Ghost of Tsushima will have a Japanese voice over because, boy, does the fake Japanese accent sound bad and out of place as hell. Since they already got Mongolian speakers (I assume they're native, can't tell) it would only make sense to go the whole nine yards.

Same. Game discs can handle dual audio tracks now so I sure hope so. The developers have to be aware that at least a fraction of their audience will want it as an option.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
If it makes anyone feel better about AssCreed, you probably don't want all the extra poo poo anyway. I only played Unity after the complete version came out and all the extra stuff got patched in. All of the bonus missions we're cookie cutter garbage and it made the map an explosion of poo poo that made it nearly impossible to figure out what you were actually supposed to do next.

I think Syndicate and Origins toned it down some but you're probably not missing out on anything special if you choose the basic edition.

That said anyone who doesn't want to support that poo poo I completely understand.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hows the resident evil origins collection? its worth a buy?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BisterdDave posted:

So has it been confirmed that Rin is supposed to be a trap?

Please do not say trap. It is actually a slur.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Wasn't very impressed with the Sony conference. Obviously, the games they showed were great, but there was way too much other stuff. Just show the dang-on games. Sony is usually really good about this.

Microsoft's conference was Microsoft's conference, nothing out of the ordinary. Don't care too much about their exclusives, but I did like some of the other games they showed off (Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2, etc).

Come on, Nintendo, kick rear end again this year. Just avoid the weird stuff.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

VideoGames posted:

I'll edit it out, it's hard to keep up with what people consider offensive these days.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

VideoGames posted:

Thanks for being nicer about this than I was about to be.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
^ Some people honestly do not know. Those who do would double down and get angry, and those who do not will be apologetic and do the right thing, which is exactly what happened! :)

BisterdDave posted:

I'll edit it out, it's hard to keep up with what people consider offensive these days.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

No.

No.

The Last of Us is pronounced "tuh-loo"

The Last of Us pt II is pronounced "two-loo"

This is your final warning.

Continuing your 1 goon crusade to call things by names only you call them.

All is right with the world.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
2 Last 2 Fury-Us

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The next to last of us

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

hows the resident evil origins collection? its worth a buy?

RE1 is an excellent game and an excellent port, the QoL improvements they made (widescreen support, non-tank controls) make a big difference and the HD up-rez looks great.

I assume RE0 is the same port quality, but it's wasn't a great game in 2002 and easily the worst classic style Resident Evil.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Uncharted 5

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The Penultimate of Us

DrNutt posted:

That said anyone who doesn't want to support that poo poo I completely understand.

hey.. thanks

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

DrNutt posted:

I think Syndicate and Origins toned it down some but you're probably not missing out on anything special if you choose the basic edition.

I don't know about Origins because I tapped out of AssCreed after Syndicate because it was also a map awash in icons where the good missions were indistinguishable from the cookie cutter stuff and it all felt like a chore constantly broken up by score screens which took all the joy out of having an open world with wild traversal.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BisterdDave posted:

I'm sure that scene that happens right at the end of the trailer will have some really gross dialogue in the full game

This is terrible, I always wanted to play the original Catherine but I honestly can't trust Atlus to handle Rin in a sensible way. There probably won't be an "Original Story Mode" in it either.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spalec posted:

RE1 is an excellent game and an excellent port, the QoL improvements they made (widescreen support, non-tank controls) make a big difference and the HD up-rez looks great.

I assume RE0 is the same port quality, but it's wasn't a great game in 2002 and easily the worst classic style Resident Evil.

thanks i just bought it, hope its good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

VideoGames posted:

^ Some people honestly do not know. Those who do would double down and get angry, and those who do not will be apologetic and do the right thing, which is exactly what happened! :)

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that.

Favorite mod etc thanks for being reasonable about that.

doingitwrong posted:

I don't know about Origins because I tapped out of AssCreed after Syndicate because it was also a map awash in icons where the good missions were indistinguishable from the cookie cutter stuff and it all felt like a chore constantly broken up by score screens which took all the joy out of having an open world with wild traversal.

Origins is a 180 flip on the mission quality. The side missions feel similar to the main ones because they took the Witcher approach of having everything either super intriguing or highly amusing. It gets you in the action so much better. Syndicate had amazing characters and a great setting but god drat it was just a pile of 500 different things all thrown into a blender with no focus at all I’d love to see those characters revisited but I don’t see it happening.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Is Origins the one where you buy premium currency (better exchange ratios on more expensive bundles, so better buy the big ones!) that you then spend on "Time Saver" packs so you can avoid having to play the game

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

(only I'm) speaking of a gay theban Odyssey protagonist instead of a boring spartan one:

has there been a big game with a gay male protag? Maybe bioware games if they count?

tLoU has people excited for a lesbian lead but I feel like lesbians aren't that uncommon in games since straight men are attracted to two women kissing but not two men kissing. I can't really think of one. IIRC even in ballad of gay tony you didnt actually play as the titular gay tony.
I just want to imagine the nerd reaction if tLoU2 trailer had opened with joel tenderly open mouth kissing another man, now that woulda been brave

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

VideoGames posted:

Hi, I am ignorant and don't know what this means. I read the post and even watched the linked video (yeeeesh)

Please educate me as I am at work and do not want to google this.

This is not a troll.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Instant Grat posted:

Is Origins the one where you buy premium currency (better exchange ratios on more expensive bundles, so better buy the big ones!) that you then spend on "Time Saver" packs so you can avoid having to play the game

I think so? It’s the thing where you can speed up the character progression iirc which is the stupidest thing ever. I really wonder what kind of person buys those. The Worst People.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
Origins is the only AC game I got hooked on and actually finished. I really liked riding around on my camel in the desert and doing the challenges.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I am playing AC in order right now, I am at 3, I skipped revelations since I don't have it.

So far it isn't bad but certainly a big change from the big cities of Rome. I can't wait to get to Ac4 which everyone says is amazing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ulio posted:

I am playing AC in order right now, I am at 3, I skipped revelations since I don't have it.

So far it isn't bad but certainly a big change from the big cities of Rome. I can't wait to get to Ac4 which everyone says is amazing.

4 is Black Flag right? Oh man yeah that game was so much fun.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Beastie posted:

Hi, I am ignorant and don't know what this means. I read the post and even watched the linked video (yeeeesh)

This is not a troll.

"Trap" is a slur referring to a person who presents feminine (or, more simply, "looks like a woman"), but has a penis. I'm sure you see why that's a real lovely thing to call someone.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Beastie posted:

This is not a troll.

iirc it originates on 4chan or somewhere similar where they trick eachother into masturbating to photos of men and thus making eachother catch the gay

Ulio posted:

the best bit of AC3 is roaming around as a native american child slaughtering redcoats

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Isn't Assassin's Creed Origins about the founding of the group even before they were called assassins?

Yet they're going even further back in time. That'd make Odyssey a game with neither Assassins nor a Creed

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

At this point it's just a brand they're using for stupid period piece games and that's fine by me. Odyssey looks pretty as gently caress and something I'd probably get when it's like $30 on flash sale next year.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Policenaut posted:

At this point it's just a brand they're using for stupid period piece games and that's fine by me. Odyssey looks pretty as gently caress and something I'd probably get when it's like $30 on flash sale next year.

it looks very much like origins which i never finished but I'm still gonna buy it probably day 1 cause im a greekaboo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah realtalk I kind of want to see all that ancient architecture more than anything else