Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

BRING BACK ROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

*in a stony and unemotional tone attempting to sound imperious but comes off as wooden*

Jon snow have u heard of The Maze?

*robot zombie bursts in through wall stage left and is vaporized by tony soprano firing a bazooka*

bada bing, bada BOOM

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

FuhrerHat posted:

This and also Carnivale.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I watched the first season of Carnivale and couldn't get into it despite loving everything about it. I'd honestly have liked it better if it was just a period piece about a traveling carnival without all the magic. Much like Westworld, I don't like it despite on paper it being a bunch of things I usually like.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I cant' see how Carnivale was supposed to go 4 more seasons. 1 more should have been fine.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

FuhrerHat posted:

I'd rather have one more season of Rome than a thousand seasons of tits and dragons.

Also, wasn't there a spoiler that Bran is the final boss and then everybody dies except Tyrion and the interpreter lady who then gently caress? Did they change that?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The Terror was also real good. But don't bring it back. It's done.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Grevling posted:

I'd rather have one more season of Rome than a thousand seasons of tits and dragons.

Also, wasn't there a spoiler that Bran is the final boss and then everybody dies except Tyrion and the interpreter lady who then gently caress? Did they change that?

There was a really really really old rumor for book spoilers that has Bran becoming the new Night King. But those also had Arya being hired to kill Sansa.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Solice Kirsk posted:

There was a really really really old rumor for book spoilers that has Bran becoming the new Night King. But those also had Arya being hired to kill Sansa.

Should have know as those had Daenerys dying unceremoniously and then Martin's stand-in character surviving and getting to gently caress. I 100% believe in that as book rumours.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh, I guarantee Tyrion and translator chick are going to wind up together taking care of Snow/Dany's kid as the new king/queen. It's too stupid not to be the case.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Is the new Fahrenheit 451 any good?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

bloom posted:

When is this dumb show coming back? i want to look at some titties

There will be no more good titties, mark my words. Now is the winter of our titscontent

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

George H.W. oval office posted:

Is the new Fahrenheit 451 any good?

No. They put knowledge into the DNA of a bird and send it to Canada.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Prequel series. Get GRRM'd son.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I missed the titty chat cause I caught a probe. But the correct answer is fake Sansa and her pink nips.

https://i.imgur.com/SpgNXPj.jpg

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
gurm finally released a new book!

but it's not a GoT book. lol

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I'm currently listening to the audio books of this series while playing crusader kings and poo poo. It's kind of amazing how many chapters opens on what the character ate for breakfast. Anyone have a top 10 list of gurm's favorite foods based on the books?

Currently I feel that onions, crabs and eels are high up there, those get mentioned alot and lovingly described. I can't remember alot of descriptions of eels being eaten, but the fattest character in the book is described multiple times as eating lots and lots of lampreys. So I figure that's kind of an endorsement.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think gurm has ever found a food or meal he didn't like.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't think gurm has ever found a food or meal he didn't like.

that's probably true.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I think eels and lampreys were stereotypical hedonist meals in the middle ages IRL, he doesn't strike me as the sea food type of guy.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Since i refuse to read the actual GoT books, and i needed some summer reading material, I read Knight of the Seven Kingdoms which is the prequel that takes place 100 years before GoT. It was pretty good, I hope they adapt it into a show when GoT is done. Also suck my cock all of you nerds posting badly in this zombie thread.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

seriously get a life you fuckheads

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus

Randarkman posted:

...It's kind of amazing how many chapters opens on what the character ate for breakfast...

I remember someone posted a sort of heat map of various subjects that occur accross the series, like sex, violence, and food. Food was by the the most frequent and consistent topic of the series.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Someone pls post an excerpt of GRRM lovingly describing an onion

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hell Yeah posted:

seriously get a life you fuckheads

seriously get a life you fuckhead

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gently caress you life, get head seriously

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

Someone pls post an excerpt of GRRM lovingly describing an onion

It's mostly stuff like caramelized onions, onions and livers, onion soup, roast onions glazed in butter and so on. Dude really likes onions. I can understand though, onions are pretty boss.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Strong Belwas represents a part of gurm, the part that is dangerously overweight.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How much joy will be felt when gurm goes full Creosote and the series ends.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

seriously get a life you fuckhead

lol that you take your game of thrones thread seriously

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't take this thread seriously at all.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Stop fighting you guys! You're friends!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Let’s all just chill and jerk off in a circle maintaining unwavering eye contact

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The show is good and bad, like the books, like everything in life it is a balance of two opposing forces, I hope this has helped stimulate discussion on the Game Of Thrones

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Randarkman posted:

I'm currently listening to the audio books of this series while playing crusader kings and poo poo. It's kind of amazing how many chapters opens on what the character ate for breakfast. Anyone have a top 10 list of gurm's favorite foods based on the books?

Currently I feel that onions, crabs and eels are high up there, those get mentioned alot and lovingly described. I can't remember alot of descriptions of eels being eaten, but the fattest character in the book is described multiple times as eating lots and lots of lampreys. So I figure that's kind of an endorsement.

In book six I think every Tyrion chapter is just him on a boat eating and it's just paragraphs after paragraphs of descriptions of food and wine and that's it. For the entire book.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Drunken Baker posted:

In book six I think every Tyrion chapter is just him on a boat eating and it's just paragraphs after paragraphs of descriptions of food and wine and that's it. For the entire book.

Book 6? No such thing. Never was. Never will be. Yer drunk.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Glenn Quebec posted:

I missed the titty chat cause I caught a probe. But the correct answer is fake Sansa and her pink nips.

https://i.imgur.com/SpgNXPj.jpg

This guy is right.

Destroy all the Bad Pussy heretics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hustlin Floh posted:

No. They put knowledge into the DNA of a bird and send it to Canada.

i read the wikipedia article and he's not joking