Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

The Lord Bude posted:

I miss forever too... Honestly I think forever deserved renewal for a second season more than Lucifer deserved a 4th. It was a great show and the procedural side of it was much better than average.

If you're craving more Ioan Gruffudd, he is currently playing another crime solving forensic pathologist (not of the immortal variety however) in the really good Australian tv show Harrow. Season one is 10 episodes and it has been renewed.

Huh. That seems like a career downgrade, usually talent flows the other way. Going to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Digital Jedi posted:

Would recommend Harrow for more Gruffudd. I just randomly found the show and caught the first episode solely because of him. It was a solid first season and he was great in it.

How can I stream it in the US? The last time I looked, it wasn't available directly on Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon Prime.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I do not know honestly.

I resort to other means :filez:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Lord Bude posted:

I miss forever too... Honestly I think forever deserved renewal for a second season more than Lucifer deserved a 4th. It was a great show and the procedural side of it was much better than average.

Same, but for New Amsterdam

e: And by New Amsterdam I mean the 2008 Nikolaj Coster-Waldau series, not the brand new 2018 New Amsterdam that appears to be a medical drama

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Aleph Null posted:

How can I stream it in the US? The last time I looked, it wasn't available directly on Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon Prime.

As far as I know there isn’t a US distribution deal yet (but there will be at some point) so for now either files it guilt free or circumvent the geoblocking to watch it on abc iView (ABC Australia). The first episode expires June 10 If you choose to do the latter.

It’s a great show, and filmed not far from where I live

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Lucifer Bonus Episodes that would have been part of season 4 to air on Fox in a week

One of them takes place in Mom's new universe.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

Bonus episodes tonight! Two hours of Lucifer.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
"Furries get a bad rep. Most furries aren't sexual"
There's a reason why this show was canceled

e2:
God is British. :what:

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 29, 2018

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Furry episode wasn’t great until the end. Alternate reality episode was very fun.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Postal Parcel posted:

"Furries get a bad rep. Most furries aren't sexual"
There's a reason why this show was canceled

e2:
God is British. :what:

God was voiced by Neil Gaiman so it fits perfectly for the show.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Aww we could have had an angel of death season :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The alt episode was really solid. The furry one was woof

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Digital Jedi posted:

gently caress me that owns so loving hard.

Goddamn it's sad this show is probably gonna die but what ever. We spent most of this season complaining it wasn't that good, and then it got cancelled so the networks sure showed us.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
OK, I did like that That One Doctor From House MD ended up being Azrael, and I figured that Lucifer would just happen to be able to see her at some point in the episode. It didn't happen the way I was hoping (which would reveal to Lopez that Lucifer could see "ghosts," meaning that there's more than meets the eye with Luci), but still, it happened, and it was cool. The thing that killed it for me, though, was that Lucifer figured it out when Lopez jokingly said, "smell ya later!" Then there was that look of realization on his face--Lopez never talks like that! No, she's never said that! Therefore, it can only be Azrael, the only being in all of creation who has ever, does ever, and will ever say the English phrase, "smell you later." Seriously. Seriously.

I get that for those final scenes to work the way they do, you have to have Lopez accidentally reveal that she's been in contact with a celestial being 1) without Lopez knowing she's been in contact with a celestial being, 2) without Lopez knowing that she's revealed this to Lucifer, and 3) without Lopez figuring out that Lucifer can perceive what Lopez believes to be a ghost. But couldn't the writers have come up with some phrase for Lopez to use that's less common and well-known than "smell you later?" You know, something Bible-y? Some sentiment she could convey that is so unique that Lucifer would only associate it with Azrael?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Linda is so loving hot there I said it.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

You're crazy, how could anyone find a person who wears disgusting glasses and their filthy blond hair up attractive? Certainly a network TV show casting department wouldn't only hire extremely attractive people...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Are you finished?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

The only god I worship is American :911:

Milo and POTUS posted:

The alt episode was really solid. The furry one was woof

To tell you the truth, I enjoyed that(furry) episode a lot. It was a hilarious focus-switch episode, and I really enjoyed even the cliche segments.
"Why are you hiding? You're a ghost"

tarlibone posted:

I get that for those final scenes to work the way they do, you have to have Lopez accidentally reveal that she's been in contact with a celestial being 1) without Lopez knowing she's been in contact with a celestial being, 2) without Lopez knowing that she's revealed this to Lucifer, and 3) without Lopez figuring out that Lucifer can perceive what Lopez believes to be a ghost. But couldn't the writers have come up with some phrase for Lopez to use that's less common and well-known than "smell you later?" You know, something Bible-y? Some sentiment she could convey that is so unique that Lucifer would only associate it with Azrael?

1) The idea that "Smell ya' later" is a common phrase in the deity circle is confusing as hell. "Smelleth thou later"
2) I wish it was actually "Y'know what they say Lucifer, 'Pee is stored in the balls'"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Was Gaimans voice over recorded after the cancellation? It seems like a rather abrupt introduction of dear old dad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nah, that would be way too quick.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Am the only one who really, really liked the alt timeline ep as a series finale? I didn't even mind the official one but the timeline fuckery was pretty damned good way to cap it off. Last few minutes were great

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently the final shot of that episode was the last thing they filmed for the show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
So ABC suddenly has an unexpected slot opening in their schedule for next year... they should try and campaign for lucifer to fill it.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I actually would’ve been down for the other version of Lucifer as shown by the alt reality episode. It’s a lot darker and has Mazikeen in her original design. It wouldn’t have aired for 3 seasons on Fox though.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Ugh. The fact that this show ended in an alternate universe episode circle jerk is absolutely on point. Of course it did. Of course.

I wish you had been better, Lucifer, instead of a beige as gently caress version of The Mentalist, which was already pretty loving beige. With all the potential of having the literal devil as a main character, somehow we ended up with a police procedural that specialized in not going anywhere or doing anything, like they weren't sure if it was supposed to be serial or not. I wish your writers had some kind of a plan, so they weren't churning out endless is-he-or-isn't-he-the-antagonist episodes with Pierce until after a while I couldn't really give a poo poo either way and I mostly just wanted him to die so the loving plot would move forward into something else.

What a waste of million mom rage mail they poo poo away on a mediocrity.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The Lord Bude posted:

So ABC suddenly has an unexpected slot opening in their schedule for next year... they should try and campaign for lucifer to fill it.

"Coming this fall to ABC, a far less evil creation...."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mostly enjoyed the first episode but it did end in one of my Lucifer pet peeves, which is that everything supernatural on the show is directly attached to Lucifer.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

muscles like this! posted:

I mostly enjoyed the first episode but it did end in one of my Lucifer pet peeves, which is that everything supernatural on the show is directly attached to Lucifer.

Cain wasn't.

That's all I've got to be honest.
I guess only angels, demons, and God are real.
No unicorns or fairies or trolls or vampires or werewolves or ghosts or psychics or shadow men or aliens or anything else. Not even any nephilim.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
This Ella + furries episode is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I couldn't believe what I was watching for most of that episode. But man the alt timeline one was so much better that I'd be fine with a few similarly bad ones in the hypothetical fourth anyway.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So the 16th is the day that the casts' contracts are up, which basically means if they don't get saved by then the show is pretty much done.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

muscles like this! posted:

So the 16th is the day that the casts' contracts are up, which basically means if they don't get saved by then the show is pretty much done.

Is there any chance of a pick-up elsewhere?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I was a bit disappointed in this season, mainly because the "lucifer's current psychological problem manifests itself dramatically in the real life happenings of a case thing" was actually getting WORSE to the point that he was behaving really badly in a way that wasn't charming anymore, and just really terrible.? But I still wanted it to live!

I know life is unfair, but there are so many terrible shows, and things like this that falter a bit get canned. Woe is us. :downs:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

SUPPOSEDLY they're talking with some companies but there hasn't really been anything concrete.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

There is a chance, but not necessarily a very good one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DoggPickle posted:

I was a bit disappointed in this season, mainly because the "lucifer's current psychological problem manifests itself dramatically in the real life happenings of a case thing" was actually getting WORSE to the point that he was behaving really badly in a way that wasn't charming anymore, and just really terrible.? But I still wanted it to live!

I know life is unfair, but there are so many terrible shows, and things like this that falter a bit get canned. Woe is us. :downs:

It was on the whole doing a bit better than my last terrible show I wanted to live but didn't. RIP Sleepy Hollow, we will never see a Lucifer crossover.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
They have been talking to Amazon.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Milo and POTUS posted:

It was on the whole doing a bit better than my last terrible show I wanted to live but didn't. RIP Sleepy Hollow, we will never see a Lucifer crossover.

The first season of Sleepy Hollow was So drat Good. I have literally never seen such a rapid drop-off in quality as that show moving into season 2.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

SiKboy posted:

The first season of Sleepy Hollow was So drat Good. I have literally never seen such a rapid drop-off in quality as that show moving into season 2.

Everyone being a spouse, child, or best friend of the protagonist sure did gently caress things up in a hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Everyone being a spouse, child, or best friend of the protagonist sure did gently caress things up in a hurry.

They also ended up with some goofiness when they started doing flashbacks but some of the past actors had left the show so all of a sudden Ichabod never interacted with his wife or best friend.

• Locked thread