Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Wait, $1.51 for shipping? Screw that, too expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's the wait time typically for you? I shouldn't expect these anytime soon should I?

Mines have taken 1-2 months to get to the UK. It's a nice wee surprise if you forget you've ordered them

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just did my first "confirm the wrong Ali as Expressed because I'm an idiot and ordered two extremely similar items from different sellers and the pictures are poo poo" and I can't even be bothered to contact anyone about it because it's 5€ or something :shrug:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I did that recently. I intended to order a set of 7 pairs of colored socks and I actually ordered 7 pairs of red socks that say "Friday" on them

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

PokeJoe posted:

I did that recently. I intended to order a set of 7 pairs of colored socks and I actually ordered 7 pairs of red socks that say "Friday" on them

:lol: that's fuckin hilarious

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

cyberia posted:

I have the 'bowler hat trap so dope' patch from here and this wolf patch.

Searching for biker or military patches turns up some weird / cool stuff

Magical.
Thanks for the patches, doods.
Want that Drak Knight...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Amphigory posted:

Mines have taken 1-2 months to get to the UK. It's a nice wee surprise if you forget you've ordered them

Time to let the brain gather dust then. I usually forget most of my regular orders I make anyway and they tend to come in the same week I ordered them. lol

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I travel a bit for my job, and one of the places I travel to always has the worse loving showerheads.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/300...iceBeautifyAB=0

This 2 dollar showerhead fixed that problem.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TLG James posted:

I travel a bit for my job, and one of the places I travel to always has the worse loving showerheads.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/300...iceBeautifyAB=0

This 2 dollar showerhead fixed that problem.

Brand name: MOONBIFFY

My hard water would destroy that thing before the first shower was over

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

The Bloop posted:

As somebody who lives in an area with water so hard I'm surprised chalk doesn't come out the taps, you'd be amazed for a night in vinegar every few months does for even the shittiest showerheads, and that's something you could do in a hotel room.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sex Robot posted:

As somebody who lives in an area with water so hard I'm surprised chalk doesn't come out the taps, you'd be amazed for a night in vinegar every few months does for even the shittiest showerheads, and that's something you could do in a hotel room.

That's very true, yes.

LIFEHACK

walla

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

The Bloop posted:

Yeah I feel you. My water back home was the same way till I had a water softener installed a few months ago. LIke 5+ years ago I bought a showerhead on amazon that was 100% clog-resistant, and till this day it still hasn't clogged up.

However, I'm at a place with desalinized water, so hopefully it isn't an issue.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Thanks for the recommendation, these are indeed extremely cute and are sure to delight both young and old.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bird pin

this is for fishing stuff for it's often handy just to have little metal things around

similar logic for this sculpting tool set

pins

sparkle pin

pins 2

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

pick, did you just do a bird pin haul for your friend, me?? thank you. I love you... buddy!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hug in a Can posted:

pick, did you just do a bird pin haul for your friend, me?? thank you. I love you... buddy!

dude I have a bunch of these in my purse to just give to friends i run into i need to get my stupid rear end to chicago or some poo poo!!

i luv u 2 :h:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
more birb pins:

bird

birbs

and don't forget bird necklaces

Pick fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 10, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
bird iron-on patches

omg more cute bird patches!

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I don't know about ali expresses' shipping but just ordered a phonecase/charger from Amazon with regular shipping and it came in next day.

Ali better get his poo poo together.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
God the enamel pins are my weakness.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

huh posted:

Everyone has their cross to bear.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Salty Josh posted:

I don't know about ali expresses' shipping but just ordered a phonecase/charger from Amazon with regular shipping and it came in next day.

Ali better get his poo poo together.

I was looking at some things on Ali and was balking at the price being $100 (they are playing silly games with stock availability/skus to make them appear in search for $40)

Same item on Amazon is $600

mysunshine
May 25, 2004

huh posted:

How can I be expected to limit myself when they’re so loving cheap??

This one (clever girl pin) seems pricey but it’s like $15 on Etsy, so I’m grabbing it.

http://s.aliexpress.com/zUbIvmeq

Edit: fixed link

mysunshine fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 12, 2018

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
You dun hosed up yer link http://s.aliexpress.com/zUbIvmeq

What does this do/how does it work?

Squish fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 11, 2018

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're for messing with your fishing tackle.

Not your normal tackle, they would make v bad sounding rods.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

Squish posted:

What does this do/how does it work?
It's for removing the hook from fish, much easier than trying to do it by fingers.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Decoupling device is a p good euphemism there.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is there a good custom sticker vendor?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Did I AliExpress wrong? I ordered from two different vendors and the items from one already got here and I got the standard shipping... :smith: Hopefully the other one will take a while? I want a present from the past I have long forgotten.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Did I AliExpress wrong? I ordered from two different vendors and the items from one already got here and I got the standard shipping... :smith: Hopefully the other one will take a while? I want a present from the past I have long forgotten.

Each vender is different and special in their own way

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Sometimes your item is the last thing on a full cargo ship that goes out immediately, sometimes your item is the first thing on a new cargo ship that has to wait to be filled. It's all part of the charm

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I think that different shipments are grouped together and dispatched whenever the cargo container is full so there's always an element of randomness.

E: beaten like a Chinese dissident.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Whenever I order a bunch of stuff at once the arrival times of the items are staggered. I've been getting items for almost 3 months now from a single order I made lol

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I like to imagine there's a container stood on up against the side of a factory somewhere and as random doodads get finished and packed they're thrown out of the window and funneled in. As it approaches full a rube-goldberg contraption closes the doors and tips it right way up onto a passing lorry heading for a port.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"Hey Chin, where do I put this dildo?"
-"right there by the toy train and the tea cosy"
"It's kinda tight in here"
-"Just stuff that dong in, hard if you have to."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I think that different shipments are grouped together and dispatched whenever the cargo container is full so there's always an element of randomness.

E: beaten like a Chinese dissident.

My joke is to which herring it has been stapled

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Thanks to whoever spoke about the Bubm things a while ago. I'll be buying a load more.

I also bought a 20L pannier bag for my bike and would have linked it as it was cheap but quite nice but the page has vanished.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
What's with all of these parking number plate things I'm seeing the freebie lists lately? Do people really put their phone numbers on their windshield when they park their cars? Why on earth would I want to give out my phone number to anyone passing by?

e: example https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...2860932135.html

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's because the parking situation in China is so bad that everybody double or triple parks all the time. You leave your phone number on your dashboard so that if you block somebody in, they can call you to come out and move your car when they need to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I got lucky with the cargo-ship because these inflatable lounge things arrived in a week! They seem pretty sturdy, but we'll see if they survive a festival or two.

Still waiting on a few patches, but the rest of my random crap arrived in the next week. Got some cool fake hair, an iridescent phone case, and a led-strip with a motion-sensor that is perfect for underbed lighting.