Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Me [22M] and friend [21F] wrongly tried to 'test' a girl [20s F] I'm interested in. It all went wrong, please help.

You got exactly what you deserved, thinking something posted on Reddit is an excellent plan.

Plot twist - Kate's a massive racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Maybe women are only after your money because you suck?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

LadyPictureShow posted:

Me [22M] and friend [21F] wrongly tried to 'test' a girl [20s F] I'm interested in. It all went wrong, please help.

You got exactly what you deserved, thinking something posted on Reddit is an excellent plan.

what is it with redditors thinking their lives should be sitcom plots

Girlfriend of two years ended it over Snapchat (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

I really don’t know where else to post this

My (now ex) girlfriend and I had been together for about two years. Yesterday, I sent her my usual good morning Snapchat, but she stopped responding. After a day of trying to get a hold of her, I figured she must’ve been upset about something. I went to her front door with a bouquet of flowers, ready to apologize for anything I could have done. She never opened the door, and I ended up leaving the flowers on her porch.

She only sent me one text that night, saying “I need space”. I was absolutely dumbfounded, because to my recollection, I couldn’t have done anything that could have upset her, besides hanging out with my friends for a night instead of her, which I constantly asked if it was okay, which she said was absolutely fine.

Today she just sent me a snap saying that she has lost interest because “I’ve changed”. And that was it. We were done. Two years down the drain in less than 48 hours. She never mentioned anything to me, I didn’t even know we were having any kind of problems.

I’m absolutely destroyed. She blocked my phone and all of my social media. We were so close, and she would go on and on about how much she loved me. She ate dinner with my family and I at least once every week. I feel so alone and deserted. What do I do???

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

This was a stupid and unnecessary plan and I'm not surprised this happened but in my reading Mary doesn't seem to blame him or connect him to what happened at all, and just thinks Kate is a huge racist (which as mentioned she might be) so he's in the clear as long as he never interacts with Kate again

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Two contrasting opinions:

My [20F] fiancé [21M] is REFUSING to buy our dream home ( that's in an amazing area and super cheap ) because he thinks it's haunted

quote:

Alright, so me and my fiancé have been together since for five years, I'm a Nursing Aid and he's an Electrician. He's always been a straight forward guy, he doesn't lie and he says what he means and he means what he says.

Anyway, we're expecting our first child soon, and we currently live in a one bedroom apartment so naturally we agreed that we should buy ourselves a home. Now we live in a semi-rural Australian town. Houses aren't overly expensive here compared to houses in the cities, but they certainly aren't cheap. The newer homes in the good neighbourhoods will run you up 400k, and homes in, well, less desirable areas normally cost anywhere from 200k to 300k.

So, we're looking around and we find this beautiful old home in the central business district of our town. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, four bedrooms and two bathrooms, big shed out the back (which would be great for my fiancé) I mean it has everything and it's near the biggest shopping centre in our town and close to two primary schools and three high schools. I really cannot express how beautiful the house is, I'm so upset that we probably won't be buying it just because of what my fiancé thinks of it. And before I get into the details of why he doesn't like it, I would understand if he didn't like the look of the house, he didn't like the location or didn't like the functionality, but no. He has one issue with the house and THATS what bugs me.

So, I show my fiancé the house on our laptop. He loves it, and can't believe the price. (It's 340k but that's sooooo cheap for a beautiful old house here, smack bang in the business district). And may I say, due to the generosity of my late grandparents, we wouldn't even need to get a loan. We could buy the house, and we could have it made for the rest of our lives. Plus my fiancé said he used to always walk past the house back when he was in high-school, and said he had always loved it.

So we set a date for the walkthrough, day comes and so the shitshow begins. I'll give my perspective first, so we arrived, house is STUNNING. I mean it looks even better in person than it does in the pictures, so much light gets into the house as well because of the amount of windows, big beautiful windows just how I like them. Then you get to the second floor and go out onto the balcony from the master bedroom, and you see the view. Oh. My. God. The view, you can see half of our town from it. Now while I'm creaming myself and trying to contain myself, here's my fiancé just walking around the house with a really sour look on his face. I ask him what's wrong but he said he wasn't feeling well so everything is going fine, around twenty minutes into the walkthrough the real estate agent had to take a call.

That's when he pulled me aside and practically freaked out. He looks me dead in the eyes and tells me the house is haunted. He said the moment he walked in he could feel how dark and depressing the house was, and said the final straw was when we walked past the basement and said it was like a bottomless pit of darkness, and felt like there was something evil waiting down there. And hey, I saw how upset he was and because we're going to get married I sympathised with him and asked him if he wanted to leave, expecting he'd say no because he's the kind of guy that likes to finish what he started, if that makes sense. And he immediately says yes. So we leave, and that was that. I asked him if he would even consider the house and he said absolutely not.

Now first I thought that he was having a moment, like he was afraid of finally having to be an adult/father, moving into a house and so on. But he kept on looking at houses, we found another house that's pretty good but doesn't come close to the other house, but he's ready to buy it. So we're going to settle for a decent house instead of an amazing one because he felt like it was haunted.

And may I say I felt nothing, the house was beautiful, everything about it was perfect and now we're not getting it. I told him how I feel, and asked if maybe he was getting nervous about starting a family and he told me that he legitimately thought that the house was haunted by something evil, and there was no way he was going to move me into the house while I was five months pregnant.

He's always said he never believed in ghosts, I mean I think the only time the paranormal has ever been mentioned by him is when we were discussing paranormal activity, and he said that ghost were a load of poo poo. ( in his own words ). I just don't know where this is coming from. I believe that he believed there was something in the house, because I've never seen him that scared before. But I don't believe in ghosts and I didn't feel anything. So is he losing his poo poo? And if he isn't losing his poo poo what could his actual issue be? Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions because I'm angry and upset that we're not getting our dream home. And he knows that I'm angry and upset, and he's sorry that I am, but he will not budge.

So, gently caress. I want to know what to do. And this isn't a deal breaker for me, by any means, but I'm still upset over it. So yeah.

And sorry about the quality of this post, it's 1AM and I'm tired, angry and upset.

TL;DR: My fiancé refuses to buy our dream home because he believes it's haunted.

UPDATE: Took one posters advice, couldn't call the real estate agent cause it's like 2AM now, so I looked up the address on the Internet. A woman who lived in the house with her husband in the 50s pushed him down the basement stairs and the fall killed him, he was allegedly abusive.

That's enough for me tbqh! Don't believe in ghosts but I'm not living in a murder house. The murder was actually a huge court case for a small town, surprised I didn't know about it.

Ty all.

Boyfriend [27M] wants us to move into a highly discounted flat due to a previous murder. I [24F] don't want to but he thinks I'm being irrational and tells me I'm "better than this."

quote:

This is kind of an unusual situation. Changed some details because I don't know if he reddits.

Anyways bf and I have been together 1 1/2 years now. We are planning on moving in together after finding a flat. For background, we live in Asia in a city where rents are exorbitantly high. We both have good jobs tho so it hasn't been a huge problem.

Recently, our realtor showed us a huge flat in a really nice building in a really prime spot. She was really upfront about it and said that the previous tenants were a married couple, and apparently the man strangled the wife and murdered her in the flat. Something to do with domestic violence but the wife died at the end. Note: this was nearly 10 months ago. The flat had been sitting empty since then despite renovations. The owner did decide to push it on the market again but the price is heavily reduced (4k a month from 7.5k) and is objectively quite a steal.

So my boyfriend is ecstatic and thinks this is a great deal. He said it's amazing it's still on the market. But of course in Asia lots of people are highly superstitious so it's not surprising to me that there hasn't been a lot of takers. So, bf is pretty much convinced and I raised some concerns namely that I'm not sure if I feel comfortable either. We've been getting into heated arguments where he said of course he won't force me to live somewhere I don't want, but he's "disappointed" in me for falling for this and that he though I was "better than believing in ghosts and superstition."

Is it true though? Am I being unnecessarily irrational? I don't know why I'd feel uncomfortable living there, but maybe I am superstitious and hate the idea of "bad energy" lingering around. Idk though bf said he'll give me more time to think it through and now I genuinely don't know. Advice appreciated.

tl;dr : realtor showed us a huge flat at nearly 50% original price because there had been a murder in it months ago. Bf thinks it's no problem but I'm unsure. He thinks I'm being irrational.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Caganer posted:

"i want to gently caress other people but i don't have the balls to say it in person or over a non-temporary messaging app"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

LadyPictureShow posted:

He did the girl a favor.

Why is having an 'inside person' intentionally loving up a meal order even necessary? If you dated for even a couple months, it would have come up on its own.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

chitoryu12 posted:

Two contrasting opinions:

My [20F] fiancé [21M] is REFUSING to buy our dream home ( that's in an amazing area and super cheap ) because he thinks it's haunted

Boyfriend [27M] wants us to move into a highly discounted flat due to a previous murder. I [24F] don't want to but he thinks I'm being irrational and tells me I'm "better than this."

quote:

That's when he pulled me aside and practically freaked out. He looks me dead in the eyes and tells me the house is haunted. He said the moment he walked in he could feel how dark and depressing the house was, and said the final straw was when we walked past the basement and said it was like a bottomless pit of darkness, and felt like there was something evil waiting down there. And hey, I saw how upset he was and because we're going to get married I sympathised with him and asked him if he wanted to leave, expecting he'd say no because he's the kind of guy that likes to finish what he started, if that makes sense. And he immediately says yes. So we leave, and that was that. I asked him if he would even consider the house and he said absolutely not.

If you're such a goddamn coward that you'll let the dead run roughshod over the living then you should just become a hermit. Those selfish spirits need to get the gently caress out, they had their chance and guess what? They died, gently caress them, they lost. Capture them in a bottle and put them in a cooler so you can get some practical use out of them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So once a house becomes a "murder house" is that property just completely unusable forever

Like, even if you knock it down and build something else it just becomes "this house is built on the site of a murder house"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Caganer posted:

That would make me suspect he's a coke user. Are people who do coke also typically into amphetamines too?

I hate to be "that guy" but if you live in an area so rural the police station closes due to snow (!!) you should probably own a firearm, and you should use it on someone who shows up at your house threatening to murder you.

you should probably do that even if the police HQ is across the street and it's a balmy summer day unless you're personal buddies with a bunch of your police department and an extremely eloquent white man. They are absolutely not interested in rescuing you from whatever your bullshit is and that restraining order when you eventually get it is going to mean exactly as much as your stalker decides it does.

loquacius posted:

So once a house becomes a "murder house" is that property just completely unusable forever

Like, even if you knock it down and build something else it just becomes "this house is built on the site of a murder house"

you gotta demolish the house and bury the debris in concrete for 10,000 years until all the spooky energy has broken down

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 12, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

chitoryu12 posted:

I (19M) took her (19F) out and I thought we were getting together and then she picked up another guy right in front of me

I wonder how charitably he's describing their relationship as "off and on".

This is what a person does when either (a) they are totally loving clueless that you like them which doesn't seem to be the case here or, (b) they know you like them and want to just spit on your loving heart.

Either way, :fork:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Caganer posted:

This guy is going to look back on this as a good thing once he's over the initial heartbreak. Anyone that could just drop you cold like that isn't worth your time and you're better off without them.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Megillah Gorilla posted:

This is what a person does when either (a) they are totally loving clueless that you like them which doesn't seem to be the case here or, (b) they know you like them and want to just spit on your loving heart.

Either way, :fork:

She asked to date, he turned her down, and judging by everything else about his approach he was such an ineffectual wiener about expressing he changed his mind that she never even realized he had and probably eventually lost interest in the mewling blob-boy. I don't even know from that post whether he likes her or likes the idea of being ~friendzoned~

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

loquacius posted:

This was a stupid and unnecessary plan and I'm not surprised this happened but in my reading Mary doesn't seem to blame him or connect him to what happened at all, and just thinks Kate is a huge racist (which as mentioned she might be) so he's in the clear as long as he never interacts with Kate again

Possibly, but even if she doesn’t connect him to the idiotic scheme, he didn’t do anything and just stayed silent when she was upset and then got up and left (he also didn’t say anything about leaving with her, so I’m kind of guessing he just... kept eating his dinner).

He also says that he hasn’t spoken to her since but doesn’t mention if he tried to contact her.

How is it humanly possible to gently caress up that badly and just let it ride?!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

loquacius posted:

I think in Japan what they do is hire someone to live in the house for a short period of time so when they have to disclose about the previous owner/renter they don't have to go 'they got hella murdered'.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

How is it humanly possible to gently caress up that badly and just let it ride?!

the guy's getting his lessons in human interaction from le reddit gold star wacky scheme threads

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I can't imagine skipping out on hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings because you're queasy about living somewhere that someone died.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Possibly, but even if she doesn’t connect him to the idiotic scheme, he didn’t do anything and just stayed silent when she was upset and then got up and left (he also didn’t say anything about leaving with her, so I’m kind of guessing he just... kept eating his dinner).

He also says that he hasn’t spoken to her since but doesn’t mention if he tried to contact her.

Yeah the correct move here would probably have been to be like "yeah we don't need to eat at this racist-rear end shithole, let's bounce, baby", leave without paying, and either pay Kate back later or let her deal with it herself since she hosed the plan up so badly she came off as an avatar of institutional racism

but that's only because "don't do this dumb plan in the first place" isn't an option anymore once you're already sitting in the restaurant

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

I can't imagine skipping out on hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings because you're queasy about living somewhere that someone died.

I blame horror movies

What was the quote, "all American horror is about poor real-estate decisions"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

can you imagine marrying a guy who psychically detects ghosts and then you look in the paper and there was a murder exactly where he said there was one OOooooooOOOOoooo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ok, bear with me a minute, though, what if we just like leave ghosts out of the equation entirely

They were looking at a house and he said it was "dark and depressing" and the basement strongly creeped him out. Those are valid reasons to not want to buy a place, he just made it sound really dumb by being like "this house wants to eat me because it is a zombie"

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

LadyPictureShow posted:

This guy’s a dumbass, but the comments just go insane.

[M30] My wife [F23] wants nothing to do with my sister [F27], how should I go about this?

quote:

So a few weeks ago, my wife[F23] and I [M30] had a really bad argument (like to the point that it was almost physical), anyway we were saying really nasty stuff mostly just insulting each other and then out of anger, I told her that she doesn't even come up to my sister's [F27] heals.

Look, a raiding guild need a skilled main healer if they want to farm endgame content. If the wife can't perform he's got no choice but to bench her and have the sister take over :shrug:

Barudak posted:

I like the update nonchalantly including that the OP also randomly shits their pants. Like, big woop I says to HR. We all shits in our britches every once in a whiles, mean gad, Im doin it now

They might have learned English from the UK where some people will use "making GBS threads my pants" to mean they are very worried and/or scared [of the looming HR meeting].

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 12, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

loquacius posted:

Ok, bear with me a minute, though, what if we just like leave ghosts out of the equation entirely

They were looking at a house and he said it was "dark and depressing" and the basement strongly creeped him out. Those are valid reasons to not want to buy a place, he just made it sound really dumb by being like "this house wants to eat me because it is a zombie"

there's going to be an update to that story where the OP goes to talk to the realtor and finds an empty lot and an old woman who whispers about how the real estate office burned down with all souls trapped inside 40 years ago

kru
Oct 5, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Oh yeah that is a good point. Hell maybe they aren't even enchiladas? I can't imagine Singapore has a thriving Mexican food scene.

The food scene in Singapore is fantastic, and it does have a bunch of 100% authentic Mexican places - he says 'luxury', so I gotta assume it's one of them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Me 18m with my Dad 46m, I'm afraid he's going to do something to the man who killed my mother

quote:

My mom was killed around 10 years ago, when I was 8. She was killed by a drunk driver. We live in a relatively small town, and everyone knew who did it. The guy was sentenced to 10 years. I can't even remember her anymore. I can only just look at pictures of her, all because of a horrible person. I hate this guy so so much. But it's nothing compared to how much hate my dad feels for him. It took a few years for my dad to recover. He still went to his job, he still drove me around, but he didn't talk much. He kinda just lost his emotions. I remember him leaving for a few days 4 years ago, and he came back a different person. I asked him what happened , and he told me he made his peace with what happened. But now? Its a few months before the guy who killed my mom gets out. He's coming back to our town. He has family here, and they are going to let him come back. My dad has changed completely. He's stopped talking to me except for maybe a few sentences. He bought a shotgun maybe 2 weeks back. I asked him about it and he told me it was none or my business. Just yesterday he was crying. I asked him to tell me what was wrong, and he just hugged me. He told me I was growing up, I'd have to stand up for myself, and one day he wouldn't be with me anymore. I'm scared that he said those thing and he bought that gun because he intends to kill the other guy once he gets out of jail, and I think my dad will do it even if it means he goes to jail or dies. I have no one I can talk to, and I don't know what to do. I can't just call the police, or tell someone. We aren't a super part of the community. People see us as that family that the mom died, and now they just keep to themselves. I don't know what to do or who to talk to. I don't want my dad to ruin his life for revenge. I just don't know. I feel completely helpless.

TLDR: My dad might kill someone, i don't know what to do, and I'm afraid for him

EDIT: I'm going to talk to him tomorrow. I'm still going over the exact plan in how I'm going to say everything to him, and what I should do. Thank you for all your advice. I was really scared when I came here, and you guys gave me courage. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This guy is just now realizing that he's a supporting character in a revenge thriller.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh God I looked at this dumbasses's account to see if he posted any updates. 8 months ago:

Why are females more shallow than compared with males?

quote:

Because their skulls are also more shallow, leaving them with tiny minds

He's going to end up being held hostage during the final confrontation as the audience cheers for his demise.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

can you imagine marrying a guy who psychically detects ghosts and then you look in the paper and there was a murder exactly where he said there was one OOooooooOOOOoooo

i could imagine telling him that he needs to use the power to make some fuckin' money that he just lost us

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
God drat if y’all got hangups about parking your rear end in a dead guys spot, I got bad news for you about the ENTIRE EARTH

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh God I looked at this dumbasses's account to see if he posted any updates. 8 months ago:

Why are females more shallow than compared with males?

He's going to end up being held hostage during the final confrontation as the audience cheers for his demise.

Based on his post history, I’m assuming his father found his Reddit account and knew what had to be done...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

Based on his post history, I’m assuming his father found his Reddit account and knew what had to be done...

Welp, he posted an update where he confronted his father and he broke down and admitted that he really was going to kill the dude, and they're going to therapy and selling the shotgun. No word on whether or not they survived recently, though.

Here we have one from 6 years ago:

What do I do if my undiagnosed/possibly dying fiancee - who is very religious - wants me to join her in heaven if she dies?

quote:

I am male, and we have been together for well over a year. We are both in our late teens. No doctor has been able to diagnose her, and her heart is getting weak, and her kidneys/bladder/urinary tract are all pretty much chronically infected.

Anyways ... she has been extremely upset the past few days contemplating what could happen, as she's getting worse and might need to be admitted to the hospital very soon (she's been sick for 2 years, but it's finally getting to the point that she needs to be hospitalized).

She wants me to make some sort of plan in case she does die. She is a very devout Christian. I am an atheist. She wants me to find some way to reach her in Heaven, but I am certainly not ready to die. I don't quite know what to tell her because telling her no will likely send her into a tailspin while she's already getting sicker. This is partially because she has horrible attachment issues because of a traumatic past. She can't be without me.

So ... what do I do? I don't think I'm willing to lie and say yes. I don't think I could live with that kind of guilt. I know it's easy to look at this and say that she's being selfish, and yes she knows she is being selfish, but it's more than that. She has very severe attachment and trust issues. Getting to the point where she has full trust in me and is very attached has been no simple feat. If she loses me now, she'll be crushed. She truly believes she will go on to Heaven without me, and it's scaring her so bad that she's hyperventilating whenever she thinks about it.

Please help. I'm getting pretty upset over this. I don't know what to do or say.

"My crazy teenage fiancee is about to die and wants me to commit suicide. Should I sucker her into thinking I'll do it?"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

PetraCore posted:

I think in Japan what they do is hire someone to live in the house for a short period of time so when they have to disclose about the previous owner/renter they don't have to go 'they got hella murdered'.

Man that sounds like a sweet job.

"So what do you do?"
"I'm a live in murder houses, professionally."

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

chitoryu12 posted:

Welp, he posted an update where he confronted his father and he broke down and admitted that he really was going to kill the dude, and they're going to therapy and selling the shotgun. No word on whether or not they survived recently, though.

Here we have one from 6 years ago:

What do I do if my undiagnosed/possibly dying fiancee - who is very religious - wants me to join her in heaven if she dies?

"My crazy teenage fiancee is about to die and wants me to commit suicide. Should I sucker her into thinking I'll do it?"

He also says he’s 18 in that story, but glancing at his posting, he also claims to be a 25 year old schizophrenic, so he might just be one heck of a troll.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 12, 2018

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

chitoryu12 posted:

Me 18m with my Dad 46m, I'm afraid he's going to do something to the man who killed my mother

This guy is just now realizing that he's a supporting character in a revenge thriller.

This has been posted before too. I think there was an update where they talked, cried, and promised not to kill the dude.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Real talk I admitted a pt the other day who, as soon as we got him hooked up to the ICU monitors, threw a huge shitfit about how this room was “filled with dark energy” and he could “feel the echoes of suffering” and poo poo. He looks at me bug-eyed and goes:

“Someone died in this room, didn’t they?”

No poo poo kiddo. It’s a fuckin’ ICU. You cannot possibly imagine how many people have died in this room. Sometimes we don’t even get the corpse’s name discharged from the monitors before the next sad sack rolls in.

Fortunately 0.5mg of dilaudid IV every four hours cured his ghost senses reliably until we downgraded his status to “telemetry stepdown” and transferred him off to another unit where people die all the fuckin time because it’s a hospital.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

chitoryu12 posted:

This is what happens when Romeo and Juliet is taught as a romance rather than comedy.

You're not supposed to want to be them, you're supposed to laugh at them :doh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Piell posted:

Man that sounds like a sweet job.

"So what do you do?"
"I'm a live in murder houses, professionally."

Match my current pay and I'd loving do it in a heatbeat.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ghost hitman for the real estate syndicate, the world's most disappointing reality show premise

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

Maybe women are only after your money because you suck?

Rule of life: You catch the fish you bait.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
If the cost of the hitman is less than the amount the price of the house would drop if someone were brutally murdered in there, you'd be a fool not to hire one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (19f) boyfriend (20m) of 1 year was prescribed opiates after knee surgery. Now out of the blue all my moms prescriptions are missing. I'm disgusted but he's supposed to live with us for the summer. What do I do?

quote:

Some backstory, my boyfriend and I are home from college. He was on the wrestling team but had a probable career ending knee injury this past season. The doctors gave him a choice of waiting and since he knew a great surgeon in our town he waited until the summer. The main issue was his family was going to be gone this summer so my parents agreed to let him live with us so we could help him get around.

Surgery was 3 weeks ago and he's doing ok but still can't drive so I've been taking care of him. He was prescribed opiates (I'm sorry I don't know which ones) for the pain but they kept dissapearing faster than he was supposed taking them. He swore up and down that he wasn't taking extra and that most days he was trying not to take them at all. So I started keeping his medications in my bathroom that would be really hard to get to and if he needed one, he could ask me for it. They still kept dissapearing. We had to go the doctor and ask for more. The doctor was very reluctant but he agreed.

:siren:My mom is on some sort of opiate pain killer for her back that she takes once a day and now not only have my BFs pills disappearing but hers are too. She confronted me about and demanded that I take him back to the doctor to get his pills refilled so he'd stop taking hers:siren:. I said I couldn't do that because of the doctors reluctance. My mom is extremely pissed and agitated at me and I feel stuck.

I know my boyfriends in a lot of pain and he swears to me that on most days he's only taking ibuprofen because he wants to try to wrestle again and he can't so that if he's on opiates. But the fact is the pills keep disappearing. I'm so disgusted that he would steal from my mom and lie about it but he can't leave because he's stuck and immobile.

What do I do in this situation?

tl;dr: my Boyfriend is living with us post knee surgery, he's sneaking all his opiates pain killers and is now stealing my moms as well. He denies even taking his let alone stealing my moms but that's ridiculous. He can't leave because he's immobile but I don't know what to do in this situation.

Reddit has opened her eyes to the likely truth: Mom is the pill thief.