Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Weird to be reminded that many people still use gay as an insult and not like, the aspirational destiny of all mankind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

hey this little fucker is bigger than I expected

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

trevordk posted:

The lack of Joel and the way she gets annoyed when he was brought up by broduder in the trailer I sort of wonder if he's going to end up being the antagonist of TLOU2.

Seems like they are intentionally being vague about Joel’s role/status in TLoU2. Makes me wonder what the consequences are going to be of his actions at the end of the first game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

exquisite tea posted:

Weird to be reminded that many people still use gay as an insult and not like, the aspirational destiny of all mankind.

I've always found it funny when homosexuals get upset at someone using the word gay in a way they disagree with.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo Direct was poo poo, congrats Sony you won E3

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Escobarbarian posted:

I don't think anyone won E3.

In other words, we all lost.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
For those of you having trouble following dialogue and body language, the dude brings up Joel in context of being a leader in charge of sending their teams out on patrols, and as Ellie's dad he never seems to send them out on anything dangerous when she's involved. Her reaction indicates embarrassment of being favored by an overprotective parent. Whether or not Naughty Dog twists that into something else I obviously can't say but Jesus some of you are really beep boop about human interactions.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well Sony has some of the best exclusive games coming soon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

It was mortifying. Smash for literally half an hour

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Escobarbarian posted:

The first 25 minutes were really good!

And then they bored us to death with endless smash bros info that nobody cares about

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Smash has a 64 character roster and looks fun.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Here is every single character in the game and 1 new one.
Here is every single move they can do.
Here is every single stage they can play on.
Nintendo had basically nothing to show. Sad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ms had probably the best conference imo but I'm more interested in the sony exclusives (hard to believe in the ps4 thread, I know). I wanna play a lot of the games shown off at e3 this year

ea had by far the worst showing tho and nintendo was like half an hour of smash bros

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I’m just glad we finally have a date for Smash. Mario Party also looks fun. I appreciate having Fortnight on Switch even though it’s not my style of game.

I really wanted more Animal Crossing.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

And then they bored us to death with endless smash bros info that nobody cares about

Most of that smash stuff felt like patch notes.

Oh, we gave Marth a slightly different voice and altered these moves slightly. Wii Fit trainer has a new face!

I'm sure all that stuff is very exciting for Smash headcases but Jesus Christ, Nintendo really have nothing else coming soon?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Spalec posted:

Nintendo really have nothing else coming soon?

Apparently not.

OTOH, Nintendo does these directs a few times a year. It's not like E3 is the only time they make announcements.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't even play smash really but I was super into their coverage of it, that was super cool. Disappointed loo b3yo or pr4me tho

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Apparently not.

OTOH, Nintendo does these directs a few times a year. It's not like E3 is the only time they make announcements.

Tbf, they do have a pretty steady stream of games for the rest of the year. Seems like Switch will continue to have good 3rd party support as well.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Gonna beat the poo poo out of my kids at Smash, then put them to bed and play 1 of my 3 feudal Japan games.

2019 going to loving rule.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Irsh posted:

I've already got it, so I'm also giving up a Guac code: XBX4-LPNJ-C6AM

Claimed. Thanks!

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, this is fairly standard for them now. Mario Tennis looks like it has a fairly big E3 presence, but it's already had it's Direct, so they don't show it in this one etc. There was some interesting stuff in the montage, looking forward to Fire Emblem and will be getting my kid Smash for Christmas. :shrug: The whole winning/losing E3 thing has always been pretty dumb, but dumb can be fun.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
there are too many games on sale

THERE ARE TOO MANY GAMES ON SALE

I have no idea what to pick, oh my god

trevordk
Jan 21, 2016

Parker Lewis posted:

Seems like they are intentionally being vague about Joel’s role/status in TLoU2. Makes me wonder what the consequences are going to be of his actions at the end of the first game.

Yep, even the brief dialogue and appearance he had was just a shadow cast in a doorway. Will be interesting to see where they go, especially with the large gap between the games, I wonder if they'll fill in gaps or leave the events a bit mysterious like Joel's past.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Like what?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't even get into the store right now, says it's under maintenance

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Arist posted:

I can't even get into the store right now, says it's under maintenance

Yeah, threw me for a real spook because I got one of those Epic Games "someone tried to get into your Fortnite account" emails a few minutes ago and thought I got hacked around but apparently it's just maintenance.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:argh:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Samuringa posted:

God of War #1. Then Yakuza 0.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I hope this is real.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It is

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doesn't make sense. Unless somehow Sony pulled weight and got it so fortnite on Switch wasnt' crossplay w/ anyone.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

nopantsjack posted:

iirc it originates on 4chan or somewhere similar where they trick eachother into masturbating to photos of men and thus making eachother catch the gay

I lose faith in humanity a little more each day.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

A lot of first party games for pretty cheap, Locoroco and Gravity Rush remasters around $10, Killzone is $4, Bloodborne is like $12 I think. And a bunch of older third party games fairly deeply discounted, big variety of things.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I'm torn between Nioh Complete or Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If you signed up to Fortnite with your PSN details you can't even use that account on the switch to :allbuttons:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Store really crashing for me

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PSN undergoing maintenance. Just hold out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

If you signed up to Fortnite with your PSN details you can't even use that account on the switch to :allbuttons:

I'm glad I don't play fortnite.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Battle Royale is dumb, Smash Brothers is dumb, Sony wins every year because they have the best exclusives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

We have one friend who won't get a PS4 because he's a Nintendo die hard so I was hoping we could finally game with him :qq: