Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no pokemon or smt or metroid, ninty's done dumb poo poo for e3 before and saved big reveals for after or quietly release trailers on youtube lol but im not holding my breath. im happy with smash though cause it looks loving great, wonder how the gently caress they got snake lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Theres a couple new games I'm into but it seems like every publisher is terrified of announcing something that'd release past 2019, I guess getting burned on cancelled games.

the other thing is that since they opened this up to the public theyre pressured to have everything they announce be playable which is people only talk about games coming out in the next 5 months.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the SE marketing person responsible for getting Kingdom Hearts like 40 minutes of stage time emerges the sole victor of E3 2018

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

it was the same as most years with a weaker nintendo line up.

Yea its kinda surprising, especially since two more anticipated things, octopath and the splat dlc, come out in like a few weeks, so you'd think they'd have a longer view, but i guess unlike most other companies nintendo does periodic directs throughout the year.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its smart to avoid announcing games that aren't coming in 50 years, in general. look at ff7remake

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Oh but at least we got some epic new footage from Ace Combat, Mount & Blade, Metroid Prime 4, Animal Crossing, Splinter Cell. ........ ...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh but at least we got some epic new footage from Ace Combat, Mount & Blade, Metroid Prime 4, Animal Crossing, Splinter Cell. ........ ...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace Combat footage is coming

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

extremebuff posted:

no pokemon or smt or metroid, ninty's done dumb poo poo for e3 before and saved big reveals for after or quietly release trailers on youtube lol but im not holding my breath. im happy with smash though cause it looks loving great, wonder how the gently caress they got snake lol

extremebuff posted:

its smart to avoid announcing games that aren't coming in 50 years, in general. look at ff7remake

This is you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

the SE marketing person responsible for getting Kingdom Hearts like 40 minutes of stage time emerges the sole victor of E3 2018

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

You're too late micky

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Or they're already planning new consoles for 2019/20 so they're holding their cards...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I have to admit that even the stuff I think lis gonna be good/great was shown off uniformly poorly. Worst Death Stranding trailer, iffy Cyberpunk trailer, I think honestly even the Yukiro trailer was kind of weak and definitely less hype than the Bloodborne announcement. And they didn’t even show General Grievous in motion which was a complete kick in the nuts. And of course the bad spidey trailer. And Claire Redfield isn’t sexy anymore.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

yeah, smash is good. wish there had been a lot more though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, smash is good. wish there had been a lot more though.

it was already 45 minutes long

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

the other thing is that since they opened this up to the public theyre pressured to have everything they announce be playable which is people only talk about games coming out in the next 5 months.

Ohhhh, yeah... *gets on walkie talkie* This is Crimson Falcon to Paddock Junior. Paddock Junior, come in. Operation Blitzball has been given the green light. Do it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A literally mechanicallt and aesthetically perfect Smash is a good choice to close out my gaming days I think. After losing ten Fortnite matches in a row this morning I could definitely feel the end of it all looming around the corner.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I have to admit that even the stuff I think lis gonna be good/great was shown off uniformly poorly. Worst Death Stranding trailer, iffy Cyberpunk trailer, I think honestly even the Yukiro trailer was kind of weak and definitely less hype than the Bloodborne announcement. And they didn’t even show General Grievous in motion which was a complete kick in the nuts. And of course the bad spidey trailer. And Claire Redfield isn’t sexy anymore.

Yeah, I don't think Cyberpunk has presented very well, but I think if someone had shown me a bunch of Witcher 3 dramatic cut scenes, I would not have thought much of the game. They have to start showing gameplay.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If you really thought Nintendo was going to save E3 your gums bleed every time you brush your teeth. The only reason last year was so hype is due to the Mario announcement. You know that poo poo wasn't going to happen again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

more games i mean, we saw enough of smash

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Anyway else gonna get married and have kids in the next couple of years? Definitely looking appealing right now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

You're too late micky

[Mickey Mouse with Rutger Hauer buttfucked Mickey Rourke Voice:] Kept you waiting huh.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Theres deeper look at cyberpunk tonight, unsure if theres gameplay or not

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Konami doesn't want him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

Noice

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Anyway else gonna get married and have kids in the next couple of years? Definitely looking appealing right now

Bring kids into this gaming climate? Are you out of your mind?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im stoked for smash and pity anyone who isnt

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

HORMELCHILI posted:

This

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

booya

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

My kid will be born in August, so I don't know why I'm excited for any video games anyway. RIP video games.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
daemon x machina was the only nintendo thing that interested me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“HORMELCHILI”" post="“485001262”"]
[/quote]

There’s no way I’m ever letting my kid pick up a controller.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

that's only 1/2 the length of the average 1 v 1 smash set tho dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

daemon x machina was the only nintendo thing that interested me

its from Marvelous Entertainment, so dont get your hopes up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

You want a deeper look at cyberpunk? Bend over and I’ll show ya

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

[Mickey Mouse with Rutger Hauer buttfucked Mickey Rourke Voice:] Kept you waiting huh.

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

There’s no way I’m ever letting my kid pick up a controller.
If you don't they just become insane Youtube addicts.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

that's only 1/2 the length of the average 1 v 1 smash set tho dude

Disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh but you know what? Fortnite and Fallout Shelter are available on the Switch now. So glad that I bought one. This E3 wasn't so bad after all. Power To The Players!

• Locked thread