Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

CubeTheory posted:

Yeah, I've bred a ton of shinies and I dislike swap breeding. It's just a *little* too much focus for me when I could just regular breed while watching something or listening to a podcast instead.

I bred a shiny Sandygast using the Magikarp swap, it took like 900 magikarps because I'm not very lucky. I'm working on a shiny Axew right now but it just takes a while. Overall I think I like the swap method, but it does require more thought than normal method.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kurieg posted:

Well, yes, and no, and yes. It's complicated.

+All pokemon transferred from the virtual console crystal port to Generation 6 have their hidden abilities.
-Pokemon with a ratio of 7/1(Such as eevees and Starters) Can never be both Shiny and Female, due to the way that their IVs are used to determine gender.
-Pokemon inherit their IVs, and thus their propensity for Shininess from their Opposite Gendered Parent, combined with the previous point you can't breed for shininess with 7/1 ratio Pokemon. Also...
-You cannot breed two shiny pokemon together as their Defense and Special IVs would flag them as related.
But.
+++Ditto is considered the "opposite gendered parent" in generation 2. If you can get your hands on a shiny Ditto, it's children will always have a 1/64 chance of being shiny.

Do these factors hold true for US/UM? Particularly the bit about the ditto.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Chronojam posted:

Do these factors hold true for US/UM? Particularly the bit about the ditto.

No?

He asked about Generation 2 breeding/shiny mechanics. Which were different.

Everything from Generation 3 on uses the new method of shiny determination which is doing multiple XORs of the personality value against the hatching/catching trainer's ID. IVs and Gender don't play into it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
That said.

*deep breath*

If you have a shiny pokemon Generation 1 pokemon in Crystal, use the time capsule to send it back to a generation 1 game. Teach it Mimic, Mimic transform from a wild ditto, have the ditto transform into your shiny pokemon that knows transform, then have it uses your mimic transform, it will turn into a shiny ditto once you catch it. Which you can then send forward to Crystal for all your breeding shenanigans.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Kurieg posted:

That said.

*deep breath*

If you have a shiny pokemon Generation 1 pokemon in Crystal, use the time capsule to send it back to a generation 1 game. Teach it Mimic, Mimic transform from a wild ditto, have the ditto transform into your shiny pokemon that knows transform, then have it uses your mimic transform, it will turn into a shiny ditto once you catch it. Which you can then send forward to Crystal for all your breeding shenanigans.

Thank you for blessing us with this forbidden poke knowledge

Also spoilers for Nintendo E3 today: all previous Smash characters are back in new game. Including Pichu

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No new Pokemon announced for Smash, though there still might be a few characters left.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing destroying the assist trophies now counting as defeating a player, any Pokeball Pokemon also count and so people thought those were other players?

Also it's $99 for the Pokeball Plus bundle and has a Mew inside for Let's go.

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
They're showing Let's Go Footage right now on Treehouse

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Catching Pokemon gives EXP to your team.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Charmander is so cute :3:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I hate hate hate hate hate that you can miss with Pokeballs

Otherwise this looks cute and I'm on board

They would also be missing out HUGELY if they didn't at least allow full national dex battling. The battling looks smooth and Pokemon Stadium-y

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Pikachu learns Double Kick now. Guess they really didn’t want people to struggle with Brock.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Name changing on the fly; "Change Name" is an option from the team screen (sorry not fast enough to grab screenshots)

The follow Pokemon isn't the first one in your party either, you select the one you want using "Take out of Pokeball" option

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
:stare: Full-scale Onix riding

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

have they said anything about bank or do we think they're gonna keep go/let's go a separate closed system

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

have they said anything about bank or do we think they're gonna keep go/let's go a separate closed system

not yet

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this game looks loving beautiful

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The gym looks dope; I love the spectator seats

I've always liked whenever they have you battling in front of an audience

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The rival is not Blue, but Brock doesn't look aged.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hopeandjoy posted:

The rival is not Blue, but Brock doesn't look aged.

Brock doesn't age

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

So, what grass and water pokemon have they added to the early routes? The gym entry test would be impossible in Yellow.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
That Bulbasaur just leveled up and gained 1 HP and that's it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MightyPretenders posted:

So, what grass and water pokemon have they added to the early routes? The gym entry test would be impossible in Yellow.

Pikachu learns double kick now

Also you could have caught a Mankey to help you with Brock.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MightyPretenders posted:

They showed Oddish in viridian forest

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

CubeTheory posted:

Yeah that was grim

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Pikachu learns double kick now

Also you could have caught a Mankey to help you with Brock.

You need to show a Water or Grass type to the guy in the gym to even challenge it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

CubeTheory posted:

I had enough time of that kind of thing in Fire Emblem.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

You need to show a Water or Grass type to the guy in the gym to even challenge it.

What the gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also safari zone has been replaced by Go Park.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
LOS ANGELES
#THE SWITCH

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

CubeTheory posted:

LOS ANGELES
#THE SWITCH

They cut out just when they were about to explain how to get pokemon out of Go Park.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Wait have I been doing Pokemon Go wrong? Do you throw it when the circle is big or when it's small?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffles Inc. posted:

Wait have I been doing Pokemon Go wrong? Do you throw it when the circle is big or when it's small?

Small, but you need to land directly in the circle to get benefits and it's finicky.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Looks like you can 'Send to Professor' from your box, and you get candy that raises stats (IVs, I guess?)

So the idea is you'll level up by catching a poo poo load of duplicates, get EXP from them and then also turn them into candy to improve stats

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Waffles Inc. posted:

Looks like you can 'Send to Professor' from your box, and you get candy that raises stats (IVs, I guess?)
Just straight up raises stats to make up for that +1 HP from Bulbasaur, and the fact that it's easier/less taxing to catch wild pokemon

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
My suspicion is that this game has neither IVs nor EVs

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Waffles Inc. posted:

I hate hate hate hate hate that you can miss with Pokeballs

That’s the truest gen 1 throwback :haw:

RatHat posted:

That’s stupid.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

CubeTheory posted:

Why? loving Go has both, it would be weird if this didn't.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

RatHat posted:

Guessing they will start you with Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

CubeTheory posted:

Yeah, if this is true then there's almost no way it could live within the larger Pokemon world (ala Bank)