Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If you haven't been clear on Bill's rapist status since the 90's I don't know what to say. Dude is a massive sleaze and a sex predator and he always has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Rent-A-Cop posted:

If you haven't been clear on Bill's rapist status since the 90's I don't know what to say. Dude is a massive sleaze and a sex predator and he always has been.

Alot of us were children in the 90s and believed when our parents told us that the rapist was innocent.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rent-A-Cop posted:

i mean, as i got older i became aware, but there are still a frightfully large number of people on these forums that will argue that no, bill clinton did not rape monica lewinsky, how dare you suggest such a thing are you a republican or something!?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Crowsbeak posted:

Alot of us were children in the 90s and believed when our parents told us that the rapist was innocent.

This is true, yeah. I was born in ‘95 and didn’t even think much of the conventional narrative of Bill as put upon by mean Republicans until 2016. He really is just the scummiest person though, just on a personal level.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

One of the reasons that the conspiracy theories against the Clintons get such market penetration is that both of them go out of their way to be as shady and scummy as possible in stupid, unnecessary ways that make the larger fictional stuff seem like there's some truth to it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
People defending Manchin is so disheartening. Someone elsewhere argued that Manchin agreeing with DOMA, or him putting out a sentence long statement after the Supreme Court filed on Obergefell was performing for the bigots. This person even said that even though Manchin voted to restrict abortions or declined to vote for the DADT repeal, because it didn’t actually affect the LGBT or women’s access to abortion, he didn’t do anything wrong. I’ve seen a lot of liberals criticize the left about forgoing identity politics for economic issues, but I see time and time again liberals defending someone like Manchin or the idea that Democrats should allow anti-choice candidates into the party just so the Democrats could theoretically gain some votes.

The think Manchin possibly backing Trump is a good tactic to gaining Red votes, but they refuse to see how it might depress the base. If someone despised Trump, why should they want to vote for someone who even thinks that backing Trump is a possibility?Aren’t we supposed to be against Trump? Why willingly allow a Trojan horse who could vote to restrict abortion again? Why allow another potential Lieberman to be in the Senate?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Radish posted:

One of the reasons that the conspiracy theories against the Clintons get such market penetration is that both of them go out of their way to be as shady and scummy as possible in stupid, unnecessary ways that make the larger fictional stuff seem like there's some truth to it.

It seems like the Clinton's biggest problem at this point is they really don't like the fact that they can see history already being less than fawning over them so they keep trying to get back into the conversation, some sort of desperate attempt to have the last word on any given matter.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Radish posted:

I’m not sure I entirely agree with this. I remember reading an old Republican polemic about the Clintons from ‘94 when I was in junior year of high school and just being blown away at the crazy poo poo people believed about them, re: UN black helicopters and brainwashing in the schools. The level of conspiracy mongering that’s gone on since the ‘90s (even with stuff like Qanon) is really loving out there even for nutty white supremacists.

The stuff about corruption and money and whatnot makes more sense but that’s like the hatch to a rabbit hole of insanity for most people on the right.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joe Manchin's problem is that he is the perfect West Virginian, in that both are 50 years behind the rest of the country

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 11, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m not sure I entirely agree with this. I remember reading an old Republican polemic about the Clintons from ‘94 when I was in junior year of high school and just being blown away at the crazy poo poo people believed about them, re: UN black helicopters and brainwashing in the schools. The level of conspiracy mongering that’s gone on since the ‘90s (even with stuff like Qanon) is really loving out there even for nutty white supremacists.

The stuff about corruption and money and whatnot makes more sense but that’s like the hatch to a rabbit hole of insanity for most people on the right.

Obama had a lot of insane conspiracy stuff against him as well but since he was mostly squeaky clean it didn't pick up mainstream and stuck with the crazy wing nuts and right wing racists. Hillary and Bill are always doing some stupid self own that makes them look like they are trying to bend the rules in their favor or do some grift so you have "normal" people repeating the line that they just aren't trustworthy and ask maybe those nuttier things have some truth to them.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 11, 2018

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Everything you need to know about liberals you can learn from reading through the Trump thread around the time the Democrats punted on DACA: almost to a poster every liberal in that thread blamed it on the American people (even though DACA polled well throughout the entire trash fire). The Democrats were just doing what they were told, I guess - you know like they always do all those other things based solely on what the American people actually want and say is important. Like deregulating banks and poo poo - people love that stuff.

The Democrats really obviously selectively pay attention to polls, trumpeting them when it gives them a reason to oppose leftist policy, ignoring them when it doesn't, and implying that Americans are too dumb to govern themselves if called out on it. And rank-and-file liberals fall for it, every loving time. (Well, the dumb ones do, the rest probably notice but don't give a poo poo.)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theCalamity posted:

Why allow another potential Lieberman to be in the Senate?

You know why.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I spent 30 minutes digging for definitive statistics on sexual harassment and its connection to wages. I looked on Google, Google News, and Library Genesis science search, but after 40 minutes, I couldn't find any statistical information related to the connection to tipping and sexual harassment except for Restaurant Opportunity Center data, which was derided in a Forbes editorial as not usable because the authors included non-tipped data. I did find, however, a breakdown of sexual harassment by industry from the Center for American Progress using U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics data, showing restaurant/retail/manufacturing at the top, and even though it's from a left-wing organization, since it's based on official government data I think it'll serve well enough to make my point to non-leftists.

edit: Actually, I guess that these occupations involving the most interactions with customers may have more to do with it than the tipping or the wages, and I'd need to see a study concentrating specifically on wages within the same industry to be sure I had the statistical side of the connection between wages and sexual harassment answered. Maybe the anecdotal evidence is the only supporting evidence I'll be able to use, because statistical data seems sparse.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 12, 2018

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

VitalSigns posted:

You know why.

I know :(

People who defend Manchin and thinks we should throw minorities under the bus are totally hosed in the head.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

galenanorth posted:

I did find, however, a breakdown of sexual harassment by industry from the Center for American Progress using U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics data, showing restaurant/retail/manufacturing at the top, and even though it's from a left-wing organization, since it's based on official government data I think it'll serve well enough to make my point to non-leftists.

don't fret, cap is by no means a leftist organization. it's firmly within the liberal establishment

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

galenanorth posted:

I spent 30 minutes digging for definitive statistics on sexual harassment and its connection to wages. I looked on Google, Google News, and Library Genesis science search, but after 40 minutes, I couldn't find any statistical information related to the connection to tipping and sexual harassment except for Restaurant Opportunity Center data, which was derided in a Forbes editorial as not usable because the authors included non-tipped data. I did find, however, a breakdown of sexual harassment by industry from the Center for American Progress using U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics data, showing restaurant/retail/manufacturing at the top, and even though it's from a left-wing organization, since it's based on official government data I think it'll serve well enough to make my point to non-leftists.

edit: Actually, I guess that these occupations involving the most interactions with customers may have more to do with it than the tipping or the wages, and I'd need to see a study concentrating specifically on wages within the same industry to be sure I had the statistical side of the connection between wages and sexual harassment answered. Maybe the anecdotal evidence is the only supporting evidence I'll be able to use, because statistical data seems sparse.

Not actual statistical information, so not the most helpful for you, but it is pretty common sense that when a person's livelihood is almost completely dependent on "keeping the customer happy" then the worker is going to have a really hard time defending themselves when the customer turns out to be a skeevy perv.

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Lol that Trump is better on foreign policy than Obama. Hes going to be the lesser evil in 2020. We live in the best timeline

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

self unaware posted:

Lol that Trump is better on foreign policy than Obama. Hes going to be the lesser evil in 2020. We live in the best timeline

The guy the DNC rigs the primary for will run on tearing up the NK deal.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
There's a certain *kissing fingers like a chef* mwah that the baddems in this forums are quarantined into a Trump thread. It's just perfect. Non stop complaining about him and then bitching about leftists while not really supporting anything. I mean, goddamn.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

There's a certain *kissing fingers like a chef* mwah that the baddems in this forums are quarantined into a Trump thread. It's just perfect. Non stop complaining about him and then bitching about leftists while not really supporting anything. I mean, goddamn.

Based on the discussion in QQCS, I think the time for leftists being allowed to post in D&D is quickly drawing to a close:

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yeah I can see why there were like 4 'dems are a waste threads' in D&D and every one of them got nuked after a while.

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Based on the discussion in QQCS, I think the time for leftists being allowed to post in D&D is quickly drawing to a close:

honestly it's a problem that most leftists hide in CSPAM, it's necessary and entertaining to trigger the libs with reality

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

selec
Sep 6, 2003

the never-ending insistence on blaming voters, the people with the least amount of power in the scenario, rather than the party itself for being poo poo and running lovely candidates used to make me mad, but now just makes me pity them because I realized that they really believe that. And if they believe that, then at least a certain amount of them torment themselves with the co-morbid belief that anything wrong with their lives must be a personal failing, because they fail to realize the institutions and entities with power over them in their own lives.

the inability to understand and analyze power structures must cause a lot of undeserved personal misery for those fart huffers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WampaLord posted:

i can see why he's an idiot king.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Love how we got lectured that leftists need to change things from within and participate and then when we do it gets shut down. Just perfect modding right there.

Like they continuously spout really gross centrist poo poo in that thread to no consequence and then when they get called on it it's hissyfit time.

Just perfect.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ehh nevermind

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

in 2016 I was told over and over that they didn't need my vote :thunk:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

in 2016 I was told over and over that they didn't need my vote :thunk:

Because your not the base friend.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mr Hootington posted:

Because your not the base friend.
The base is a family of Republican boomers who only exist in Chuck Schumer's senile Swiss cheese brain.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Matt Zerella posted:

Love how we got lectured that leftists need to change things from within and participate and then when we do it gets shut down. Just perfect modding right there.

Like they continuously spout really gross centrist poo poo in that thread to no consequence and then when they get called on it it's hissyfit time.

Just perfect.

i'm not sure where he gets the idea that the "dems are a waste threads got nuked"

i'd close one after it got to a highish page count and create another. the only one that was closed by a mod was the last, and that was cause uspol was back and the thread was considered redundant

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Maybe someone should make a post in QQCS about giant unrelated tweet dumps

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

The thread needs its discussion topics everyone 4 hours on the dot...what would happen otherwise? Chaos?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

lol

Also I remain skeptical Trump is going to actually accomplish anything long-term in Korea. If any good comes from the current situation, the credit should go to Moon Jae-in and the South Korean government first.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this summit was worse than nothing. diplomacy is the way forward but trump hosed up any ability to bargain by violating the iran deal and kim is way smarter than him or anyone in his admin so there's no way in hell a viable deal would ever be put in place.

and why the gently caress would he trust a guy that tells him he's gonna kill him with fire one week and the next is talking about great and talented he is. kim knows this guy is the dumbest person on earth just like the rest of us.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

selec posted:

the never-ending insistence on blaming voters, the people with the least amount of power in the scenario, rather than the party itself for being poo poo and running lovely candidates used to make me mad, but now just makes me pity them because I realized that they really believe that. And if they believe that, then at least a certain amount of them torment themselves with the co-morbid belief that anything wrong with their lives must be a personal failing, because they fail to realize the institutions and entities with power over them in their own lives.

the inability to understand and analyze power structures must cause a lot of undeserved personal misery for those fart huffers.

I'd really love to know what their definition of "leadership" is. Apparently it never involves being out in front on an issue. To them it feels like a leader is a figurehead who gets all the praise for an accomplishment after being the follower last in line to support it.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Lightning Knight posted:

lol

Also I remain skeptical Trump is going to actually accomplish anything long-term in Korea. If any good comes from the current situation, the credit should go to Moon Jae-in and the South Korean government first.

And Kim Un - Trump is being a huge baby about the entire affair.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

WampaLord posted:

PPJ is the "best" poster in the Trump thread and the only thing he does is vomit out page long tweet dumps. Also lol @ the time when peeps were defending a 40 year old dude for dating a teenager because he had a D next to his name. I don't think a single one of them have a set of principles or moral code that they follow for more than a day.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 12, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/leftyaaron/status/1006624102365290498

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im sick of this lovely knockoff dnd trump thread making the good and cool spam trmap thread look bad by sharing the same name

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

this guy fuckin rules.

So did Seattle already cave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

this guy fuckin rules.

So did Seattle already cave?