Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The One. Your one true love, who you obsess over endlessly. A crush.

I think they picked up that word from the Pick Up Artist community where the goal is to get your dick wet as often as possible so obsessing over one woman is a sort of disease. For PUAs women are just fuckbots waiting for the right input to spread their legs, you're a fool if you fall in love with one. Plus the real secret of PUAs is volume: keep negging dozens of strangers until you find one who responds to it, and ignore all the ones who tell you to gently caress off -- which doesn't work if you're only interested in one particular woman. Finding your one true love is an anathema.

Which makes it a little odd for incels to pick up the term. But incels are odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/8ql935/dice_developers_attitude_problem/

“Fiduciary responsibility” lol this game is gonna sell a billion copies and these dorks will never get what they want and that is awesome

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Oh wow, apparently all that bitching is over letting a player choose a female character in a ww2 game?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Sentient Data posted:

Oh wow, apparently all that bitching is over letting a player choose a female character in a ww2 game?

Yep

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Not surprising PUA and incels have a lot of cross pollination going on.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
imgur.jpg

temple fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 13, 2018

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Facebook Aunt posted:

Plus the real secret of PUAs is volume: keep negging dozens of strangers until you find one who responds to it, and ignore all the ones who tell you to gently caress off.

Aargg

What a horrible way for them to pollinate.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

*makes a doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Verisimilidude posted:

*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*

You could have just said "makes a reference" and still have been correct.

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

From the Ghastly Eyrie, I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point, I declare, with UTTER CERTAINTY, that THIS one is IN. THE BAG.
Hey guys here's a comment thread of Always Sunny references and lovely puns. Also check out this video game related craft MY GIRLFRIEND made me congrats you've read the entirety of reddit.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

kazr posted:

Every day we move further from God's light

We are created in His image. Which means god is certainly a shut-in loser who beats off to cartoons and hates everyone because they "don't get it". Hell is not an endless torture session, it's realizing that you now must spend eternity hanging out with a guy complaining about Archangel Chad.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Verisimilidude posted:

*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*
*doctor who reference*

Doctor Who fans of Reddit. Which Doctor should be my girlfriend's first?
You never forget your first Doctor! Since Twitch is now streaming all the new shows from 2005 until now, which one should she watch first? She's really not interested in scifi but she's agreed to try a fewe episodes.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Here's my hovel filled with video games and figurines everywhere. It helps me forget how lonely I am
+15.6k

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
can't feel loneliness when you're filling your heart with anime figurines

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

what is the compulsion to collect things

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Verisimilidude posted:

Capitalism

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Julius CSAR posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/8ql935/dice_developers_attitude_problem/

“Fiduciary responsibility” lol this game is gonna sell a billion copies and these dorks will never get what they want and that is awesome

“What it boils down for me is, I want a game that will help to pull me out of what's going on for the rest of my day, and just unwind.

We play games for fun.

I get that everyone has their own view points and perspectives, and that's cool. I don't even mind bringing female characters or some whacky cosmetics as long as they thematically fit with the game. But making it such a political conquest of theirs is enough for me to say no thanks.

I'll stick with games that are all about what games should be about. A great way to have fun with friends without the stress we already deal with the rest of the day. There will be plenty of better options it seems anyhow”.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Julius CSAR posted:

i can't believe its been like 20 years since EA started ruining every game they touch, and nerds still buy it

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Verisimilidude posted:

it's a thing that people do. animals too

:wrong:

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

From the Ghastly Eyrie, I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point, I declare, with UTTER CERTAINTY, that THIS one is IN. THE BAG.
Hey guys, I'm a twenty-thirty something straight white male living in the US. I'm (allegedly) really smart, but also a bit lazy and an underachiever. I wasn't super popular in school, but I also had friends and wasn't bullied. I consider myself a rational atheist and work in IT/software/something else to do with computers.

How many thousands of redditors do you think I've just described?

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

The One. Your one true love, who you obsess over endlessly. A crush.

I think they picked up that word from the Pick Up Artist community where the goal is to get your dick wet as often as possible so obsessing over one woman is a sort of disease. For PUAs women are just fuckbots waiting for the right input to spread their legs, you're a fool if you fall in love with one. Plus the real secret of PUAs is volume: keep negging dozens of strangers until you find one who responds to it, and ignore all the ones who tell you to gently caress off -- which doesn't work if you're only interested in one particular woman. Finding your one true love is an anathema.

Which makes it a little odd for incels to pick up the term. But incels are odd.

It sort of makes sense for the incels to adopt the term, but from a different perspective. I think they view their obsession over one person as a burden since they are unable in their view to ever be with them, hence it's like a disease. Why they don't relieve themselves of this burden with libido reducing anti-depressants or even more extremely via castration, since they are after all sure they are never getting any anyway, I don't know.

Also a more "normie" interpretation would be simply that obsessing over a single person and only accepting a relationship with them in particular is unhealthy, there are other fish in the sea. It's still a poo poo word though

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Inept posted:

Here's my hovel filled with video games and figurines everywhere. It helps me forget how lonely I am
+15.6k

I mean, at least it’s clean and organized. There could be boxes of cum and chip bags and pizza boxes everywhere.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

SouljaBoyVEVO posted:

Hey guys, I'm a twenty-thirty something straight white male living in the US. I'm (allegedly) really smart, but also a bit lazy and an underachiever. I wasn't super popular in school, but I also had friends and wasn't bullied. I consider myself a rational atheist and work in IT/software/something else to do with computers.

You’ve described 95% of the people in this thread including me

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

skooma512 posted:

I mean, at least it’s clean and organized. There could be boxes of cum and chip bags and pizza boxes everywhere.

yes the sad nerd shrine that he spent tens of thousands on sure is tidy

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

that room might have been salvageable if it had room for more than one la-z-boy

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

SouljaBoyVEVO posted:

no doxxing me please

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SouljaBoyVEVO posted:

That's probably a sizeable portion of SA too

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Inept posted:

+15.6k

That drop ceiling and lighting means that's in an office building, right?

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

cyberia posted:

That drop ceiling and lighting means that's in an office building, right?

Looks like a basement to me

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Verisimilidude posted:

There isn't enough plastic bullshit to fill the void in some people's lives

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ElGroucho posted:

There isn't enough plastic bullshit to fill the void in some people's lives

It helps though

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

quote:

I don't know about you, but I have plenty of people to enagage with irl. For me, Tinder is a relatively safe place for me to satisfy my primal needs and thus, serves to primarily function as such in our society.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
\ <- you dropped this

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

SouljaBoyVEVO posted:

This is very much some "Barnum Effect" poo poo. Now just make a webpage with a fake personality quiz and put this as the end result and you'll have a million upvotes in no time.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Gotta admit I love r/blunderyears

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

kazr posted:

Every day we move further from God's light

We are all god's children, and he left us in a hot car.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

learnincurve posted:

These young people need to stop making up words from other words, they are just so drat grammatically incorrect. Back in my day we repurposed a word or had some drat originality.

“Woke” can gently caress right off.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

danger noodle haha
trash panda lol
furry potato
beach chicken

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005