Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Holy crap

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well isn't that just the most adorable piece of news.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
YUSS!

My Marvel subscriptions rise from the ashes!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Marvel wins E3

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's one helluva way to celebrate page 616 omfg

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Now bring back Gwenpool.

Well, I guess they've already done with West Coast Avengers.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Good things really can happen!

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Hot drat this is fantastic news.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I read the first couple issues of Nadia's last series, and it didn't grab me so I hope this one is better. In general because I like good comics and spitefully because it'll get up the right nostril of YouTube pundits who rail about enforced diversity.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I assume that Wasp was revived due to trade sales. Did Scholastic pick it up for book fairs like they did with Moon Girl?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Wasp is getting her own sentai team?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1006609779677126657?s=19

MH Knights posted:

Wasp is getting her own sentai team?

She formed a girl genius incubation lab.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Okay so what is his deal with Marvel?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pubic works project posted:

Okay so what is his deal with Marvel?

Nothing, he's joking because it's been like a decade since SHIELD # 5 came out. When SHIELD 6 was announced as finally coming out he was all "I'll do everything in my power to stop this."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hickman's twitter jokes are very bad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1006649114514292737?s=19

See marvel this is why you dont look at cancelling a book until after you get those trade sales numbers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lurdiak posted:

Hickman's twitter jokes are very bad.

Yeah this isn't the first tweet of his "opposed" to SHIELD 5 & 6 that I've seen. Makes him come across like an rear end.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

As long as anybody takes his tweets seriously he'll keep doing it.
One day he'll write an X-Men comic and when some dweeb goes "But back in 2014 you listed 'The X-Men still existing' as #3 on a list of 'worst things about comics'!" he'll dust his hands.

edit: Anyway, when your comic comes out eight years late or whatever, you ain't gonna poke fun at the situation? You have to.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 12, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think it's funny, it's not like he had anything to do with the delay unless the delay is because he didn't give them a script for God knows how long.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

pubic works project posted:

Yeah this isn't the first tweet of his "opposed" to SHIELD 5 & 6 that I've seen. Makes him come across like an rear end.

This follows with the few times I met him in public. He's kind of off-putting.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I was already going to buy Wasp based on the last series and I will basically buy anything with Gurihiru on art so I'm double sold on this new series.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, maybe I'm an rear end in a top hat too, then, but I've always been surprised at how genuinely and drily funny Hickman can be on Twitter, when I never think of his books as being especially comedic.

Dawgstar posted:

I read the first couple issues of Nadia's last series, and it didn't grab me so I hope this one is better. In general because I like good comics and spitefully because it'll get up the right nostril of YouTube pundits who rail about enforced diversity.

The book got much better by the last couple of issues, ironically when it became more about Janet and her dealing with her ex-husband's daughter and her gaggle of child-prodigy friends. It's also the only time I recall the 'infamous' Hank Pym moment being explored from Jan's perspective, which was really interesting and well-done.

(Also are you the dawgstar that posted WAY too many words about Avatar on another forum?)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Huh, maybe I'm an rear end in a top hat too, then, but I've always been surprised at how genuinely and drily funny Hickman can be on Twitter, when I never think of his books as being especially comedic.

The book got much better by the last couple of issues, ironically when it became more about Janet and her dealing with her ex-husband's daughter and her gaggle of child-prodigy friends. It's also the only time I recall the 'infamous' Hank Pym moment being explored from Jan's perspective, which was really interesting and well-done.

(Also are you the dawgstar that posted WAY too many words about Avatar on another forum?)

When Hickman wants to be funny in a comic he can be, the FF issue where Peter and Johnny are roommates, the Hong Kong issue of Avengers. It's just not something he does that often.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

This follows with the few times I met him in public. He's kind of off-putting.

Yeah this was how he was the one time I met him though I recall he was also dealing with a cold that time and he was still friendly enough to stop me from buying a trade he had since it has been misprinted. I personally find his Twitter pretty funny and wish he hadn't deleted his list of Marvel Ideas. And yeah while his stuff isn't typically straight up humor, he can definitely write humor when he wants to.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Skwirl posted:

She formed a girl genius incubation lab.

she did but you can't count it out after the avengers' megazord

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

she did but you can't count it out after the avengers' megazord

One of the them is a robotics genius.

Edit:wait, she has access to Pym particles, why would you build a giant robot if you can become a giant?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

I keep forgetting just how much stuff I have access to thanks to Marvel Unlimited, so I tried it again after I dropped it and it does get a lot better.

quote:

Guilty.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Ooh , I'll give Wasp another shot. I really wanted to like it but partially the art just wasn't landing, but I think Gurihiru has a lot of charm.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

drat, they're even bringing the cast back

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

why would you build a giant robot

what the gently caress?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good job Marvel!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Edit:wait, she has access to Pym particles, why would you build a giant robot if you can become a giant?

Why would you NOT build a regular-size robot and then make IT giant?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

I keep forgetting just how much stuff I have access to thanks to Marvel Unlimited, so I tried it again after I dropped it and it does get a lot better.

Guilty.

You got me through some very crappy shifts at work a couple years ago dude. :)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is there an issue of Avengers or something where Tony gets dosed with Pym Particles while in his Iron man suit?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I was already going to buy Wasp based on the last series and I will basically buy anything with Gurihiru on art so I'm double sold on this new series.

:hai:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Gaz-L posted:

Why would you NOT build a regular-size robot and then make IT giant?

You nsed to build it giant, then turn yourself giand AND THEN turn the giant robot into a mega giant robot so you fit in the giant cockpit.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You nsed to build it giant, then turn yourself giand AND THEN turn the giant robot into a mega giant robot so you fit in the giant cockpit.

Thank god someone around here is thinking.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

no no no you build it giant so that you can shrink it down to person-sized and just when your enemy is all "oh look a regular-sized robot" you tun off the shrink field and BAM giant robot uppercut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

If Power Rangers has taught me anything it is that the history of fights between people who become giants versus giant robots, the giant robots have the best track records.

• Locked thread