Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

We're moving the romance subquest chain to the backburner for now, *intern scrapes a cross-sectioned woman's head off the stovetop with a spatula*
loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

At first we tried watching horror movies, Saw, Texas Chainsaw, all that stuff. Real blood and guts. It wasn't enough though, you could see the rubber, the prostheticS. We needer more material. We found a book here at the abandoned Naughty Dog reference library. Bound in skin and blood, it showed us the truth, the truth of all things.

Real Feels can only come from Real Flesh.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol it would truly be so much better if they were dedicating a million man hours of crunch time to the realism of a jackass 3D game

The ps2 jackass game is better than any naughty dog game since crash 3

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

We're moving the romance subquest chain to the backburner for now, *intern scrapes a cross-sectioned woman's head off the stovetop with a spatula*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ND dev who has just spent 16 hours of every day of a 14month crunch carefully modelling, choreographing, scripting, and programming a scene where a child is sliced and burned to death and finally has a day off: Alright boys. Where we droppin?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The gaming journos who were forcefully shuffled out of the banjo church tent at the PS4 show were actually just led into a room full of cells to be used for development in the DLC.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

An actual, real quote, I swear to god posted:

This might be a semantic argument. But we don’t use the word ‘fun’ with The Last Of Us. We say ‘engaging.’ It needs to be engaging.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

The gaming journos who were forcefully shuffled out of the banjo church tent at the PS4 show were actually just led into a room full of cells to be used for development in the DLC.

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

hahah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a very bleak "lol" at the last 3 pages

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

a very bleak "lol" at the last 3 pages
But were you engaged?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Listen Madison, went I sent you “Killing Women in postal 2” on the slack channel, I didn’t mean spent 6 million on assets to create a digital “roasted bitch” complete with marshmellow. E3 is in a week... what are we gonna show them?

[wins every award at E3]

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Venn diagram where the spheres are labeled "People who want to see a queer teen romance" and "Manson Family Members"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmfao what the gently caress,

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Venn diagram where the spheres are labeled "People who want to see a queer teen romance" and "Manson Family Members"

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lolling imagining the tlou trailer but when it zooms and cuts out of the kiss it goes to demonius playing postal 2

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

quote:

The kind of stories we tell, with strong specific characters, we like that at times you’re not in line with the character. It kind of makes you question philosophically: where do I stand on these things?

Me, dropping the controller and turning away from the TV, posed like The Thinker:

"Where do I stand on dismemberment?"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gladiator drenched in blood, surrounded by corpses, screaming at ancient Romans: ARE YOU NOT ENGAGED?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Me, dropping the controller and turning away from the TV, posed like The Thinker:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Over about 3 different limbs if you did the QTE properly

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the trailer shows the protagonist getting grazed with an axe, domed with a bat, and the shot in the shoulder while maintaining the furious energy to rotten.com that dude's head off. i'm glad that they're taking a realistic approach to violence.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

haha, man, everyone had that one friend that woul always send them hosed up stileproject pics and always say they hope this made you question, philosophically: Where do I stand on these things

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

when one of your QA people comes up and tells you they're unsure about the tone of your game and that it seems to be going a bit too far into a bleak and nihilistic direction

when the Saudi_Adulterous_Wife_Receives_Righteous_Bayonet_Neck_Punishment.mov torrent finishes downloading and chechenbeheadingmontagehdpart4.mp4 begins seeding

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

haha, man, everyone had that one friend that woul always send them hosed up stileproject pics and always say they hope this made you question, philosophically: Where do I stand on these things

My friend called me every time he found a new SSJ level of Brolly on Kazaa.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

the trailer shows the protagonist getting grazed with an axe, domed with a bat, and the shot in the shoulder while maintaining the furious energy to rotten.com that dude's head off. i'm glad that they're taking a realistic approach to violence.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

loll

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As an aside the RE2 footage looks pretttttty sick. They're calling this a "new game" not a remake of 2, I.e. the environment isn't 1:1, with expanded areas and such. The OTS looks pretty good and when a zombie grabs you in this the camera zooms in like crazy and gets hyper claustrophobic, zombie like writhing around 2 inches from your throat, and it's gonna make me poo poo my pants every time it happens.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

that was me dude

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Lumpy the Cook posted:

when one of your QA people comes up and tells you they're unsure about the tone of your game and that it seems to be going a bit too far into a bleak and nihilistic direction

when the Saudi_Adulterous_Wife_Receives_Righteous_Bayonet_Neck_Punishment.mov torrent finishes downloading and chechenbeheadingmontagehdpart4.mp4 begins seeding

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Weeeelcome to the TLOU2 Multiplayer Invitational, only at the Playstation Experience!

Leeet's meet ourrrrr competitorrrrsss!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Weeeelcome to the TLOU2 Multiplayer Invitational, only at the Playstation Experience!

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

• Locked thread