Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

today, i thought about boring you

premeditated slumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

premeditated slumber

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jonathan Fisk posted:

premeditated slumber
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1006216530135113729

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Ugh, Future's coming to Dublin, but it's a co-headline tour with Niki Minaj so it's in a cavarness, poorly built "arena" and costs between €70-100 with fees. I saw him last year in NYC and when he brought her out, it was the part of the set I was least interested in. The vast majority of the crowd won't know who Future is, either.

Don't think it will sell out, so might just wait to see setlists from the US leg.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
7th time spinning KSG so far and it doesn't stop bangin'

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheIllestVillain posted:

7th time spinning KSG so far and it doesn't stop bangin'

Yeah it's very good. The last two tracks are amazing

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Mickolution posted:

it's in a cavarness, poorly built "arena"

A what?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

A large shithole.

edit: the "" were because it's shaped like a big theatre instead of a bowl, which means some acts can't play their normal show there or don't bother. Also means it can't be used properly for most sports.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mickolution posted:

A large shithole.

So Dublin then ;)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

It's not that large...

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

after listening to ksg i want kanye to orchestrate a 7 track album for every rapper i even passingly care about

nah, kanye production has definitely jumped the shark

KSG and Daytona are both good but not great because of Kanye, dunno how this can even be sort of a controversial opinion after 3x 20 minute weird manic episodes

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
ye is debatable because of him rushing it, but otherwise i disagree strongly. the production on both Daytona and KSG is super rich and satisfying, and the albums both flow super good

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

people keep hyping up this mos def feature but his chorus on kids see ghost is the worst thing hes been apart of since sweepstakes on that gorillaz album

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

KSG and Daytona are both good but not great because of Kanye, dunno how this can even be sort of a controversial opinion after 3x 20 minute weird manic episodes

have you tried not being wrong

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

people keep hyping up this mos def feature but his chorus on kids see ghost is the worst thing hes been apart of since sweepstakes on that gorillaz album

that song is good

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Oh please. You absolutely knew that saying the production on these albums is "meh" is going to generate some strong disagreement.

I also strongly disagree with you, the production is fantastic.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
ksg and ye have REALLY good production but bad mastering. everything sounds slightly muffled to me. probably a result of kanye exporting the tracks eight minutes before they're scheduled to be uploaded to the streaming services.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

And also mike dean can't mix for poo poo

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Polo-Rican posted:

ksg and ye have REALLY good production but bad mastering. everything sounds slightly muffled to me. probably a result of kanye exporting the tracks eight minutes before they're scheduled to be uploaded to the streaming services.

Everything sounding slightly muffled is more of a mixing issue, not a mastering issue. If they sent their mix out to be mastered, mastering won't fix the individual track balance.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Has he said anything about remixing ye? I still haven’t listened to it and would rather wait if there’s a better quality coming.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Robert Analog posted:

Has he said anything about remixing ye? I still haven’t listened to it and would rather wait if there’s a better quality coming.

This is the best ye'll ever get

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I think they were looking for 'cavernous'

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Robert Analog posted:

Physical copies are shipping in August so if a remastered/updated version is happening it'll probably be then

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

This is the best ye'll ever get

nice

HorseRenoir posted:

Physical copies are shipping in August so if a remastered/updated version is happening it'll probably be then

nice

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/06/2018-xxl-freshman-cover/
2018 Freshman List:
Lil Pump
Smoke Purpp
Ski Mask
J.I.D.
Wifisfuneral
Stefflon Don
Blocboy JB
Trippie Redd
YBN Nahmir

Ski mask is the only one I like, but I haven't heard of JID or stefflon don. Interesting that xxl keeps trying to get away from artists accused of domestic violence, and trippie redd's weird goblin looking rear end got arrested today for pistol whipping a young woman.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

What's the physical release like? CDs? Vinyl?

I wonder how CDs are even selling these days, with streaming services taking over so much of the music listening market. I know vinyl will always have a rabid fanbase, though.

I know Nine Inch Nails are doing physical releases of their new EPs, but they're vinyl only, no CDs, and the vinyl comes with a download code for a digital version of the album.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What's the physical release like? CDs? Vinyl?

I wonder how CDs are even selling these days, with streaming services taking over so much of the music listening market. I know vinyl will always have a rabid fanbase, though.

I know Nine Inch Nails are doing physical releases of their new EPs, but they're vinyl only, no CDs, and the vinyl comes with a download code for a digital version of the album.

Not rap, but ghost sold 66k units first week, 61k being physical. So if you have the fan base...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Harminoff posted:

Not rap, but ghost sold 66k units first week, 61k being physical. So if you have the fan base...
:drat:

I see Taylor Swift/Justin Timberlake albums at the checkout counter at Walgreens sometimes for like $12 and I don't understand it. You can get a month of Spotify for $10. That means you get that album that you can listen to as much as you want plus like millions of others.

I guess it makes sense for rural areas where people don't have reliable internet, but that's not the case where I live. Maybe people who don't have unlimited data buy CDs nowadays to avoid using up their data? I didn't think Spotify even took up that much data, though, and there's Wi-Fi at every loving McDonalds and Starbucks and lots of other businesses/restaurants/etc.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I think it's more that CD's are so ridiculously cheap to make, that they really don't need to sell many to make a small profit. All three of Daytona, ye, and KSG had vinyl releases with a digital download included for something like $18 which is awesome. I wish more artists would do vinyl releases with digital downloads included.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
CDs at a mainstream level are dead. Best Buy started eliminating them completely last month. Except for Tyler and a couple others, all my physical releases over the last few years have been tapes or vinyl. I think within the year we’ll see CDs go to a direct-from-artist/tour type thing, if they are even around.

Still can’t shake those Shakewell tracks

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I think whole foods still sells some cds at the check out impulse aisle. It's where lonely housewives can pick up the latest weeknd album

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Housh posted:

I think whole foods still sells some cds at the check out impulse aisle. It's where lonely housewives can pick up the latest weeknd album
Don't they only sell boring indie folk music made by white people at Whole Foods? Abel almost seems too ethnic for the Whole Foods impulse aisle.

tjones
May 13, 2005
JID is legit good, for the dudes that haven''t heard of him. He's been putting out quality stuff for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEG92Z_NGJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eFcSesrP6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qngQ-mKN5XM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skw3kUycvpo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNv3lcNRhi8

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Anyone else just happy shoop de poop de scoop didn’t make it into any songs on KSG and instead we have braaaAAAT KAKAKAKA ra ta ta KAKAKAKA (which is my favorite part of that song)?

I wonder if that was intentional, it’s so similar but not.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
there's still time for it to appear inexplicably on the nas album

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I just hate white people and can't really imagine Billy Corgan's afterbirth telling me cool or interesting things about THE hip hops

tell me more about Billy Corgan grandpa

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

somnambulist posted:

Anyone else just happy shoop de poop de scoop didn’t make it into any songs on KSG and instead we have braaaAAAT KAKAKAKA ra ta ta KAKAKAKA (which is my favorite part of that song)?

I wonder if that was intentional, it’s so similar but not.

I love both parts really. Especially seeing the whole Wyoming crew vibe to it on Kanye’s birthday

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

tell me more about Billy Corgan grandpa
Hes the man who discovered the greatest threat to America: chemtrails

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1006739170897743872

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hes the man who discovered the greatest threat to America: chemtrails

Is it weird to anyone else that both Kanye and Billy have gone right wing conspiracy theorist, and both are Chicago native, production obsessed, narcissistic musicians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

this will be good. i've got this feeling. this feeling inspired by kanye being able to make kid cudi really good