Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i hope theres an arc that takes place in syria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The guy who does the official Viz translation thinks the movie villain may be connected to the meta-human liberation army guy, who has gotten a couple mentions in the manga recently.

It'd be cool to have a particularly xmen style mutant politics arc and bad guys instead of standard criminal elements.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Crawler is a good boy, but he's probably going to be too OP by the end to make a crossover into the mainline series. I expect death is on the horizon.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Anyone have that imgur link for vigilantes handy? I pay for Jump, but I cannot goddam stand their reader. It's terrible to navigate, and now it's broken twice while reading one chapter.

https://imgur.com/user/Acelom44/submitted

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Ty

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Radish posted:

I don't think you need a hero licence just to use your quirk. You need one to use it in order to use violence in order to apprehend criminals. That's what got Deku, Todoroki, and Iida in trouble in regards to Stain. There's almost certainly separate licences to use quirks for industrial or commercial use.

Yeah, in the Unforeseen Simulation Joint Arc they strongly imply that when I think it's either Jiro or Yaoyorozu asks the electrification villain why he's working for the League of Villains when he could easily get a great paying job using his quirk in industry.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Actually I think it was implied, if not outright stated, that Uraraka needed a hero license to be able to use her quirk for work including at her family's construction company. Like using your quirk in your own home is one thing, but using it in public or to make money, seemed like it needed you to be licensed. But UA is definitely not the only way to get a license.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It needs to be licensed. It doesn't need a hero license. Uraraka's parents explicitly told her to pursue her own dreams instead of working construction with them, so she's going a different way to try to support them.

Like, this wasn't implied, it was stated outright. We got a flashback and Uraraka saying she plans to be a hero to make money and support her family. There's zero ambiguity.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 12, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

She was clear about it way back in Chapter 22. That was back in 2014, so forgetting is understandable, but don't be disingenuous and claim you remember exactly just so you don't have to admit you're wrong.

Edit: Plus, there's the whole thing where she trained with Gunhead to become a more well-rounded hero. Not exactly the actions of someone who's going to the best hero school in the world just to get a construction license.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 12, 2018

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Nana looks great here. I hope we never see how she died. :smith:
https://twitter.com/kiriaura/status/1006488130277531648

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PMush Perfect posted:

She was clear about it way back in Chapter 22. That was back in 2014, so forgetting is understandable, but don't be disingenuous and claim you remember exactly just so you don't have to admit you're wrong.

Edit: Plus, there's the whole thing where she trained with Gunhead to become a more well-rounded hero. Not exactly the actions of someone who's going to the best hero school in the world just to get a construction license.

Thank you for finding the actual page. (Or, one of them; as stated, there's also the flashback of her father telling her "no, we really don't want you to work construction for us, pursue your own dreams" and stuff, but that makes it clear on its own.) I considered going and looking them up but I tend to assume older chapters of licensed manga get taken down, and was also on my phone and close to the data limit.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Tekne posted:

Nana looks great here. I hope we never see how she died. :smith:
https://twitter.com/kiriaura/status/1006488130277531648

I always got the impression she just gets caught off guard years after she's passed on the Quirk to All Might, but that's cuz All Might acts shocked to hear that AfO killed her. Maybe I've always read that scene wrong.

Did they ever show her face in the comic? I seem to remember she's always obscured somehow

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Deku's quirk grandma looks dope

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
E3 trailer for One's Justice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAb4sbC6vRE

Is it bad that I kind of want to get this game just to mess around with the character customization stuff? I wanna see what silly outfits I can give everyone.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Who would look better in Yaomomo's hero outfit, All Might or Endeavor.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

all might may be big but endeavor's got that true bara thickness

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I hope it turns out Momo's parents are either not actually rich and just make a bunch of stuff from their bodies all the time and act like they're rich, or made their money from using their quirks illegally.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I hope it turns out Momo's parents are either not actually rich and just make a bunch of stuff from their bodies all the time and act like they're rich, or made their money from using their quirks illegally.

No they are actually Rich. It appears Momo quirk is a result of them being combined and her also being a genius.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

No they are actually Rich. It appears Momo quirk is a result of them being combined and her also being a genius.

I wonder what her parents do. I doubt they're heroes since we probably would have been told about them by now if they were.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Momo got into UA due to recommendations right? So I imagine that her parents must be highly influential or something

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Momo got into UA due to recommendations right? So I imagine that her parents must be highly influential or something

Her parents are rich, and old money rich on top, so some influence is almost a given. That said, I'm not sure they'd need to be for her recommendation. Momo's the smartest student at one of the most prestigious schools in the world, and she's got a quirk where the only real limit is you need to be a genius to use it well. On top of that, she scored top marks in the class for physical fitness, she's got some level of natural leadership talent, she's a gifted tutor, she's trained in martial arts, and she interviews well.

If anyone in the school had a glowing neon sign saying "Scout me! I'm great!", it'd be her.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

They probably are just by virtue of being stinking rich but aren't recommendations basically like scholarships? So you could get one if you're a good enough student, school vouches for you, and you meet whatever else criteria.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Momo's father is the CEO of a hero marketing agency and her mother is the CEO of a hero gear manufacturer.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Girl-Might.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
How embarassing is it if I've been reading this manga since the Hideout Raid arc and I only just now realized that Sero's helmet is a tape dispenser?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Girl-Might.

Nice try. All Might's name doesn't have a hyphen in it. :colbert:

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Huge missed opportunity for GalMight imo

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Also it's Gal Might.

e: gently caress

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Going by what we saw during the hero licence exam in the wind dude's flashback there is still testing for the rec students, it is just that their is a lot less students competing and the tests themselves are designed for students with a more advanced understanding of their quirk. Also chiasaur is quire right that she already is quite developed in terms of becoming a hero with the only real issue being that she is a teenage girl and thus lacking some of the mental resilience that comes from growing up.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
They aren't really clear on what the rules are, and honestly the idea that Quirk use is highly-regulated and most ordinary people are never allowed to use theirs at all doesn't really match up with society's clearly-demonstrated Quirk worship.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rand Brittain posted:

They aren't really clear on what the rules are, and honestly the idea that Quirk use is highly-regulated and most ordinary people are never allowed to use theirs at all doesn't really match up with society's clearly-demonstrated Quirk worship.

Nope, besides some quirks always being on, didn't someone, I think Jiro, specifically say electric quirks had a lot of non-hero applications? Plus people get them when they're four.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
It probably works a lot like a driving licence. On private property you can use quirks without a licence but in public places you need to be licenced to do so. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of untrained assholes loving around and causing huge accidents because they just had to use their poorly used quirk to get to work a little faster.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
At the very beginning of Vigilantes you see Koichi zipping along the street with his quirk because he's late, and a cop stops him and tells him to cut it out.

He doesn't get arrested or anything, though the cop mentions that using a quirk on public streets is against the law. The main takeaway is that people don't use their powers much in public because if everyone did it would be chaos.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Girl-Might.

That's just Mirko

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

:same:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rand Brittain posted:

We know exactly what the rules are, without a license you can't use your Quirk in the general public but minor uses that have no effect on people around you like floating something you dropped back to your hand are not enforced. The only thing that's unclear is if you have to get some kind of license to use a Quirk on the job premises or if you just get to.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Patware posted:

We know exactly what the rules are, without a license you can't use your Quirk in the general public but minor uses that have no effect on people around you like floating something you dropped back to your hand are not enforced. The only thing that's unclear is if you have to get some kind of license to use a Quirk on the job premises or if you just get to.

It's probably like a getting a CDL. Do a class, take a test, pledge not to set people on fire with your mind, and there you go. No need to go through a whole course.

Also makes me wonder if there's any societal benefit to not having a Quirk (or having a lousy Quirk), like a tax break or stipend or something. It's hard to compete in the workforce against people who can do everything you can do, but ten times harder/better/faster/stronger.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
It probably depends on just what your quirk is. Something low key like Inko's quirk doesn't seem like you'd need a license, but if you're using your quirk to do, like heavy industrial work then you'd probably need a license for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm sorry miss but you don't have a permit to do everything a frog does, please stop.

I want an MHA spinoff starring a regular beat cop. Make it a 4koma.