Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/1006664459245572096

How does a team with as many artists as DE has mess up something to the extent of "your blindfold comes out of the sides of your skull" :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Boy are those Tenno duels to unlock junctions are a joke. If you have twin blades and just spam melee you can get them into this weird slow animation stunlock loop and take down an enemy at a level you have no right in beating.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yodzilla posted:

Boy are those Tenno duels to unlock junctions are a joke. If you have twin blades and just spam melee you can get them into this weird slow animation stunlock loop and take down an enemy at a level you have no right in beating.

Equip a weapon with slash damage, just watch the health bar disappear regardless of how big their shield is.

Or just take Excalibur and slice them up with Exalted Blade.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm convinced they have more concept artists than they have people who know how to connect one mesh to another or actual animators.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
My favorite method of doing the junctions was "be Ember, hit 4, dance"

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
or you can take frost and periodically press 1 to keep them frozen and just shoot them in the head with whatever you want

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

how long til battle royale, but warframe happens?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

how long til battle royale, but warframe happens?

As if conclave wasn't awful enough.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

why do you think the venus zone is planned to be bigger than the plains

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

why do you think the venus zone is planned to be bigger than the plains
oh no

oh no

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
warframe battle royale would be actually good though.

1. pick banshee
2. start mission
3. go to center of map
4. 4444444444444444444444

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

FunkyFjord posted:

I'm convinced they have more concept artists than they have people who know how to connect one mesh to another or actual animators.

They have a large animation team. Most games use the same animations for most weapons. Warframe has different animations for reloading for most weapons and each weapon class has unique idle animations per warframe. That means # of weapon class x # of warframes. Each melee class its own animations plus each stance per melee class.

The amount of work done for the game's subtler parts is insane for a F2P game. They could've easily gotten away with taking shortcuts like more recoloring of enemies and recycled animations but they'd rather be keeping all these people employed.

Concept designs are easier to create in quantity than animation or meshes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Truga posted:

warframe battle royale would be actually good though.

1. pick banshee
2. start mission
3. go to center of map
4. 4444444444444444444444

Going to have to take a few trips to Uranus if that happens. Gotta pound Assur for pizza mats.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
clipping is a problem for any game with physics-enabled 3d objects. the de method for handling the issue is to not give a gently caress and keep adding crazy poo poo regardless of clipping.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

wid posted:

They have a large animation team. Most games use the same animations for most weapons. Warframe has different animations for reloading for most weapons and each weapon class has unique idle animations per warframe. That means # of weapon class x # of warframes. Each melee class its own animations plus each stance per melee class.

The amount of work done for the game's subtler parts is insane for a F2P game. They could've easily gotten away with taking shortcuts like more recoloring of enemies and recycled animations but they'd rather be keeping all these people employed.

Concept designs are easier to create in quantity than animation or meshes.

Ya I'm well aware of all that, love the effort they put into the game, and definitely that the attention to tiny detail shows off. Their love for this game really shows and it helps me love it.

Also that blindfold is totally going through the hair model, and if I recall they even had clipping issues on the Sacrifice website graphics when it debuted. Don't get me wrong, I like this game, both how cool and how jank it is. Now where's my incredibly important hydroid prime trailer. Just to be clear, just in case, I'm at least a little excited for everything this game does and forgive delays because hey what do I know about game design, take time to make it good. I'm just here giving poo poo to a thing I like.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Using Mag to tag enemy warframes in Junctions with Magnetise is funny as hell.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

FunkyFjord posted:

Ya I'm well aware of all that, love the effort they put into the game, and definitely that the attention to tiny detail shows off. Their love for this game really shows and it helps me love it.

Also that blindfold is totally going through the hair model, and if I recall they even had clipping issues on the Sacrifice website graphics when it debuted. Don't get me wrong, I like this game, both how cool and how jank it is. Now where's my incredibly important hydroid prime trailer. Just to be clear, just in case, I'm at least a little excited for everything this game does and forgive delays because hey what do I know about game design, take time to make it good. I'm just here giving poo poo to a thing I like.

They have a lot of subpar models and details that they kept working on over the years, even after people no longer care about it. For instance, the model for Ceramic Dagger. Compared to the amount of work required, they're actually understaffed. But their small-ish team enables them to not charge an arm and a leg to keep being afloat. What gets fixed and worked on seems to depend on the current attention focus of the team. If they didn't find something interesting, like the war fan, they'd forget it even existed until Rebecca called them out on live stream. If it were something they're excited about, like the huge katana or Nidus deluxe skin, they'd work on it like madman and get it done in no time.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Emalde posted:

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/1006664459245572096

How does a team with as many artists as DE has mess up something to the extent of "your blindfold comes out of the sides of your skull" :shepface:

Maybe the blindfold is natural and the hair is a wig.

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Emalde posted:

You're playing a game about goddamn space ninjas shooting spiked machineguns and casting magic powers at the speed of over 9000 mph, and pay attention to a loving cosmetic for a snail-paced operator? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

chesnok posted:

You're playing a game about goddamn space ninjas shooting spiked machineguns and casting magic powers at the speed of over 9000 mph, and pay attention to a loving cosmetic for a snail-paced operator? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

It's not my problem if you don't want to engage with game mechanics :shrug:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only good part about operator cosmetics was the penis costume, but de cracked down on that pretty quickly

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

chesnok posted:

Fully geared and levelled Op is actually stronger than a whole bunch of frames, and a whole lot more fun.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

cat cum, on the other hand, is a huge pain in the rear end

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the only good part about operator cosmetics was the penis costume, but de cracked down on that pretty quickly

what, what happened!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
no clipping issues here, this is perfect actually

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh yeah, clipping on frame vs weapons has always been an issue. It's why they have that adjustment method within weapon customization.

gently caress it, make Venus PVP battle royale, let me use my rivens and actually have fun grinding conclave affinity. Th carefully balanced PVP is actually a detriment, leading to poo poo like lacera sliding attack domination.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Raptor1033 posted:

gently caress it, make Venus PVP battle royale, let me use my rivens and actually have fun grinding conclave affinity. Th carefully balanced PVP is actually a detriment, leading to poo poo like lacera sliding attack domination.
Have you tried dueling in the dojo? Aside from the nightmare that is attempting to have a decent fight in a space the size of a phone booth, it doesn't work off of conclave rules, so any fight just becomes a contest to see who hits first. There's a reason conclave works like it does (even if that way is "poorly").

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

vile lies, my operator is standing proud

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

The blind fold is modelled on the operator having the "bald" hair style. If it really ticks you off just turn the hair off. It's completely unreasonable to ask them to model things to hairstyles because then it means that cosmetic will equal to however many hair models there are out there. Just move on, yeah?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Everything about this is beautiful and I'm so happy my sage advice hasn't gone unnoticed.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Considering your character should always be a blur of murder, who gives a poo poo if things clip?
Enjoy trying to find shoulder armor that dosen't clip on Khora when she gets all goddamn spiky.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

RE: Junctions.

Take Excal.

Press 2.
Press 4.
Walk up to spectre, Press E.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
The secret to happiness is to understand that the blindfold doesn't tie around the back of the head, it stops at the hairline and is stuck on the face with adhesive, like a big black band-aid. Is that soothing?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So what's everyone betting on release of The Sac? Today or tomorrow? It goes without saying that the bugs that stop you from finishing the quest won't be fixed until the weekend/Monday.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I want the option to colour my ops face in badly with sharpie like those idiot bank robbers.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Broose posted:

So what's everyone betting on release of The Sac? Today or tomorrow? It goes without saying that the bugs that stop you from finishing the quest won't be fixed until the weekend/Monday.

I'm betting on it releasing Friday at 3pm, after six delays and one server crash. Limbo's Stasis will end up freezing all allies caught in the rift for the duration instead of enemies, and Equinox's duality augment will activate constantly, flooding the mission with clones.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
^^This guy gets it.

Broose posted:

Please, we all know DE's favored drop day is Friday. Always for maximum bug related tears.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pound_Coin posted:

Take Excal.

Press 2.
Press 4.

I don't even press 2 half the time. I finally got off Neptune so I can happily never go there again.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Pound_Coin posted:

Take Excal.

Press 2.
Press 4.

I prefer the Inaros method (sorry for console commands):

R1+Square
Hold Square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

"[DE posted:

Danielle"]

The Rifts are opening and a Cataclysm is about to begin. Wield the wily Void magician, bend the power of the Void to your will, and outwit your enemies.

Limbo Prime Access Features

Limbo Prime: Manipulate the Void as the golden gentleman.
Limbo Prime Glyphs: Embody Limbo Prime with these Prime Glyphs.
Destreza Prime: Precise strikes and high Puncture damage make this Prime rapier devastating against armored targets.
Pyrana Prime: A far cry from a gentleman’s traditional dueling pistol, this Tenno secondary automatic shotgun shreds enemies with ease.

Limbo Prime Accessories

Oblivia Prime Syandana
Rift Walker Prime Sigil
90 Day Credit Booster
90 Day Affinity Booster
Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime, and Pyrana Prime Blueprints can also be earned in-game through Relics.

We are also changing Limbo's Stasis to be in a more cooperative position by changing it to only stop-time for Enemies. You can read more about the details on that change in its Dev Workshop!

Are you ready to step between planes, Tenno? Limbo Prime Access begins June 19!