Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

AJ_Impy posted:

They're letting infidels in now? We just got Al-Andalus back, and now you want us to shatter it again like the last time we entertained shia heretics and christian unbelievers?

Snipee posted:

How about “no”, “never”, and “not a chance”?

No taxation without representation:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
How about a decision for New England that has three options discussing their future:

1)Never letting themselves be exiled again/this is our home now -- Gives them some defensive bonus, and some bonuses to help improve their infrastructure. Maybe some prestige.
2)A revenge option -- Gives them cores on their ancestral isle, perhaps some bonuses to naval power
3)A North/South version of Manifest destiny -- instead of huge cores spreading East to West, gives them cores on Georgia, Florida, Maine, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia --- The reasoning being a desire to control the entire Atlantic coast against further European imperialism.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
suppress are christians

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Veryslightlymad posted:

How about a decision for New England that has three options discussing their future:

1)Never letting themselves be exiled again/this is our home now -- Gives them some defensive bonus, and some bonuses to help improve their infrastructure. Maybe some prestige.
2)A revenge option -- Gives them cores on their ancestral isle, perhaps some bonuses to naval power
3)A North/South version of Manifest destiny -- instead of huge cores spreading East to West, gives them cores on Georgia, Florida, Maine, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia --- The reasoning being a desire to control the entire Atlantic coast against further European imperialism.

Good idea, that's a solid way of giving New England some flavour and direction in the LP, and would also be a way of restricting them by forcing them to choose just one of the three options. That said, I feel like there would be a very low chance that the AI goes for the revenge option, considering the distance and the opposition they'd be facing, but it's still a fun choice for a player to go down.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Slowly chugging my way through the pops, about halfway done now. I've also added the Great Gharbian Revolt, so we should start vicky with Morocco facing a difficult task in reconquering the new world, despite their considerable numerical superiority. I've also started adding in the suggested events and decisions, and also reworking a bunch of the vanilla ones so they make sense in this world.

Also, an updated list of the flags I'll be using:

Al Andalus (by clayren)

(monarchist)

(republic)

(communist)

(fascist)

France (by veris)

(communist)
(republic)

Armenia (by veris)

(communist)
(republic)
(fascist)

Palermo (by veris)

(communist)

Egypt (by veris, Tiger Crazy, clayren)

(monarchy)
(communist)
(republic)
(fascist)

Bavaria (by veris)

(republic)

North Sea Kingdom (by ikasuhito)

(communist)
(republic)
(fascist)

Scandinavia (by veris)

(communist)
(republic)
(fascist)

Celtic Union (by clayren & veris)

(monarchist)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Waono (by catlord - I'll try and fix them up a bit)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Inca/Andea (by veris)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Imjir (by veris)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Nuquril (by veris)

(monarchy)
(republic)

Walidrar (by veris)

(monarchy)
(republic)

Usturaliya (by veris)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(fascist)

New England (by clayren & Ikasuhito)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Provence (by clayren)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Swabia (by clayren)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Castile-Leon (by clayren)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Qattalun (by clayren)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Liege (by clayren)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

New France (by veris)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Tyratia (by veris)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Hamburg (by clayren)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Hannover (by clayren)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Rhine Confederation (by clayren)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(communist)
(fascist)

Albionoria (by ikasuhito)

(monarchy)
(republic)
(comoose)
(fascist)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The Moroccan colonies, should they gain their independence, should get a decision to implement a carnival-type celebration in honor of their freedom that gives them a boost to immigration :vee:

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

Here's a bunch more flags:

Morocco

Communist

Fascist

Taghzir

Monarchist:

Republic:

Communist:

Fascist:

Al Qarbiyah

Communist

Fascist

Walidrar

Communist

Fascist

Nuquril

Communist

Fascist

Australia

Communist

Veris fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 13, 2018

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

e. Never mind of course it is.

Anyway for content, I took a stab at smoothing out the Celtic Union Monarch flag. Let me know if I,m overstepping myself.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 13, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

God drat it veris

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Did the Gharbian colonies inherit the Andalus/Morocco rivalry? I wonder if the carribean would seek protection from Ibriz in revolt.

Edit: Or if Ibriz would just take the opportunity to annex them with the justification of ending slavery.

mossyfisk fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 13, 2018

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

mossyfisk posted:

Did the Gharbian colonies inherit the Andalus/Morocco rivalry? I wonder if the carribean would seek protection from Ibriz in revolt.

Edit: Or if Ibriz would just take the opportunity to annex them with the justification of ending slavery.

Probably not to the same degree, but I can definitely see a heated rivalry emerging between Ibriz in the north and the Berbers in the south, especially if the Berber colonies win independence and manage to unite into a massive empire.

That said, Ibriz will probably have ambitions in the Caribbean, which they'd see as their sphere of influence. I'll probably add in an event chain where Ibriz can war with Morocco over Cuba, a la the OTL Spanish-American War.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

By the way, I'm happy with our flags, but I'm thinking the centrepiece might be a bit small for vicky?

I can try and make it a bit bigger, see how that looks.

Edit: these are the results -

Still needs some smoothing, it's looking a bit blurry.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 13, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The best thing about the pomegranate flag is that the smaller version looks like a giant bag of money. Gold Rules the World! Ship the Almoravids to Seletan Besar!

eta: I like the middle sized one most.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 13, 2018

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I think it’s fine if the centerpiece looks too small for the purposes of the game interface. I like to imagine someone carrying that flag to battle, and the flag would look more gaudy if the centerpiece is too big.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
We’re rank 8 but also not a secondary/great power?

edit: also the manufacturies institution spawned in iberia but we have 0 starting industry

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

unwantedplatypus posted:

edit: also the manufacturies institution spawned in iberia but we have 0 starting industry

Maybe got into top 16 while he was testing but before the GP/SP switch happens. I think you have to be in the ranking range for half a year before becoming one or something like that?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

unwantedplatypus posted:

In Vicky 2, you don't immediately become a great power upon reaching rank 8. The old rank 8 will remain a GP for (I think) a year, or longer if it gets involved in a crisis, giving it an opportunity to reclaim its position.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

unwantedplatypus posted:

I haven't added them yet, but we're going to start with a few factories to represent the Manufactories institution spawning in Iberia. It won't be a massive head start, but there will be very few factories anywhere else (only a couple in Morocco, France and Hannover), so it'll be a decent bonus.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Give Quadis the only working machine parts factory at game start :unsmigghh:

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Hashim posted:

I haven't added them yet, but we're going to start with a few factories to represent the Manufactories institution spawning in Iberia. It won't be a massive head start, but there will be very few factories anywhere else (only a couple in Morocco, France and Hannover), so it'll be a decent bonus.

Someone needs to start with at least some machine parts factories, and ideally steel/cement/small arms factories somewhere in the world, to meet initial demand. Otherwise they'll be a lack of goods to build other factories which supplies those goods.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Hashim posted:

Still needs some smoothing, it's looking a bit blurry.

Sharpened a little in good old Paint

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Here's a version that's 25% bigger, hopefully that will work. I also made the crown a little thicker.

Also, because they were missing, some flags for Palermo:

For Monarchist I wanted to use the coat of arms for the Jizrunids, but their coat is just a flat yellow field. So I combined that with the plain green field from the flag of the emirate of Sicily and threw a moon on it.

A simple tricolor, with the blue representing the key role of the Mediterranean in Palermo's economy and culture.

Listen, I love triskelions. We all do. But the only way you'd find a Muslim nation with a triskelion is if it had a fascist government, the triskelion of Sicily sadly does not make much sense otherwise. This one I took from a mod for Victoria 2 (found here: https://imgur.com/a/kIUrq).

Clayren fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 13, 2018

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Clayren posted:

Here's a version that's 25% bigger, hopefully that will work. I also made the crown a little thicker.

Yep, that looks better. This is what it looks like in-game:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Dance Officer posted:

No taxation without representation:colbert:

We will shiv ya unless you pay Jizya.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

AJ_Impy posted:

A man with good, holy opinions

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

AJ_Impy posted:

it's such a mystery why the christians want to revolt against us all the time.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
More like jizz ya, amirite?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Slaan posted:

A man with good, holy opinions

Why don't you go form a fanatical breakaway state with his ideas if you love them so much.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Why don't you go form a fanatical breakaway state with his ideas if you love them so much.

They did, it didn't go so well for them in the end.

Anyone who can pick up arms for the new Sultan is good in my book!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Dance Officer posted:

it's such a mystery why the christians want to revolt against us all the time.

I think it's because they have so much free money to buy weapons.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I think it's because they have so much free money to buy weapons.

It's unfortunate that the end of the Tirruni wars apparently meant repatriation of Mahdists from Morocco and their reinstallment to the Majlis.

Quite frankly I think traitors, criminals and spies such as you only deserve death.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Dance Officer posted:

Quite frankly I think traitors, criminals and spies such as you only deserve death.

The feeling is mutual, Takfir. Nonetheless, we are all Andalusi and we've seen where the path of division leads. Our Sultan is Sunni, all Iberia is known to be ours, let's not break it up this time by letting the infidels run riot with impunity.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

The feeling is mutual, Takfir. Nonetheless, we are all Andalusi and we've seen where the path of division leads. Our Sultan is Sunni, all Iberia is known to be ours, let's not break it up this time by letting the infidels run riot with impunity.

I'm assuming you're sending this missive by post from your hideaway behind the Almoravid's skirts. A shame you weren't hiding in Marrakesh when we sacked it. :colbert:

(we're going to end up with some bizzare fusion of Salafist fascism, aren't we?)

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Someone needs to start with at least some machine parts factories, and ideally steel/cement/small arms factories somewhere in the world, to meet initial demand. Otherwise they'll be a lack of goods to build other factories which supplies those goods.

I've tried to include a decent range, so hopefully nothing bizarre goes down in the early game. After some messing with factories, this is what the early industrial setup is looking like:

(flags haven't been added yet)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Dance Officer posted:

It's unfortunate that the end of the Tirruni wars apparently meant repatriation of Mahdists from Morocco and their reinstallment to the Majlis.

Dance Officer, the Tolerance Wolf of Qadis. Every child can hear him baying in the night "kafirs, kafirs, my wives are all alone!"

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

I've tried to include a decent range, so hopefully nothing bizarre goes down in the early game. After some messing with factories, this is what the early industrial setup is looking like:

(flags haven't been added yet)

You picked my curiosity on the mysterious 8th GP. Japan?

Also I assume armies are next on the menu? I recall OOB's being the most tiresome part of building a total conversion.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

if i ever get to manipulate an alien society by appearing in front of their prehistoric ancestors, pretending to be god, and telling them things to believe, i'm definitely going with Tolerance Wolf

i forget the actual significance/meaning/anything at all of Tolerance Wolf but that only lends more urgency to my desire

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Let's enjoy while it lasts a world where the Kingdom of Hawaii has a stronger standing army than all of Poland.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The Celtic Empire is gonna lose their GP status pretty quick, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

habeasdorkus posted:

The Celtic Empire is gonna lose their GP status pretty quick, huh?

Well judging by the GP total score, Al Andalus should take the spot quick