Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpkM3-A6ys&t=8858s

I cued it up to the only important announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lmfao its an actual game

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lmao

if anyone can kill off the funko madness its microsoft

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Last Chance posted:

lmao

if microsoft is getting in on it then it's jumped the shark and they're too late as usual

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

No backup for documents. People get their asses cryptolockered

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

here it is, confirmed

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/10/17446628/microsoft-xbox-game-streaming-cloud-service-next-xbox-teaser-e3-2018

microsoft will let you play "Xbox" games on other platforms via streaming.their next hardware will probably just be a streaming box.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

PleasureKevin posted:

here it is, confirmed

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/10/17446628/microsoft-xbox-game-streaming-cloud-service-next-xbox-teaser-e3-2018

microsoft will let you play "Xbox" games on other platforms via streaming.their next hardware will probably just be a streaming box.
remember when crackdown 3 was going to be one of those streaming titles, and how that meant there wouldn't be load times

p sure there's still some gamers out there who believe that lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

here it is, confirmed

Sony’s had a working, you can pay for it version of this service for like 3 years now, longer if you count closed beta.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

univbee posted:

Sony’s had a working, you can pay for it version of this service for like 3 years now, longer if you count closed beta.

and onlive etc. its a solved problem and yet the attempts to solve it always sound like they brightest guy thought really hard for a while

even steam had a streaming box for living room gaming from a home pc. heck, i think xboxs can already stream between devices, so this is just an abstraction to a server

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Last Chance posted:

lmao

I finally saw this in the wild at work and lold in my shameful head at the display of pop culture dollies arranged proudly on top of some nerds cube

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/guek_jc/status/1005675337202610176

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Even smash bros fans aren't excited about any smash bros past the game cube one

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Wheany posted:

Even smash bros fans aren't excited about any smash bros past the game cube one

No that's just autists that refuse to upgrade because of the wavedashing glitch they fixed in every release since

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

No that's just autists that refuse to upgrade because of the wavedashing glitch they fixed in every release since

yeah he just said "smash bros fans"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

yeah he just said "smash bros fans"

I'm a smash bros fan and I stopped playing Melee the day Brawl was released

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm a smash bros fan and I stopped playing Melee the day Brawl was released

trap sprung

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
a grown man who presumably buys his own underwear, and identifies as "a smash bros fan"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

infernal machines posted:

a grown man who presumably buys his own underwear, and identifies as "a smash bros fan"
you might be presuming too much tbf

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

these people haul studio monitors and CRTs to competitions for some reason

even if it has no meaning the culture has now run away with itself

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

I get my underwear from Club Nintendo points

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Smash for WiiU on my 150" screen owns all of the bones :cool:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

here in my garaaaage

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
i'm so jelly

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

fahrenheit 451 level poo poo. cool tho

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

univbee posted:

that’s for last ten titles. it’s their backwards compatibility. and correct me if i’m wrong but it only works on Sony products, likes
phones and TVs.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

that’s for last ten titles. it’s their backwards compatibility. and correct me if i’m wrong but it only works on Sony products, likes
phones and TVs.

they actually reduced the number of devices it’s accessible from, you need a ps4 or a pc now. there might be a mac client too

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It has PS4 titles as well.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

PleasureKevin posted:

it’s their backwards compatibility.

sony's backwards compatibility is selling you an increasingly-higher-resolution-remaster of the game you originally played on ps2 on each new console generation

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lambert posted:

It has PS4 titles as well.

yeah, currently it has PS2*, PS3 and PS4 titles, with the PS2 titles being the ones you can buy and play on PS4 (so they're technically PS4 code running on a PS4)

their setup is such that i think they could pretty trivially do more elaborate stuff like other consoles and even stuff exclusive to the service (e.g. some hypothetical online-only game running with far more "client-side" power than the ps4 can give). the only room for improvement with the service isn't on sony's end, it's on the client side with better internet being provided so the service works better since too few have access to good enough connections to really make it work

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Wheany posted:

sony's backwards compatibility is selling you an increasingly-higher-resolution-remaster of the game you originally played on ps2 on each new console generation

good. ps2 games own.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/13/17457762/microsoft-windows-10-cortana-hack-exploit

i don't know why you'd have cortana enabled at all, but if you do a) lmao and b) turn it off for the lock screen

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wtf a kind of funny tweet from coffee mug guy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
is thurott more or less relevant than john dvorak these days?

it's a trick question

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

why are you sitting sideways

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chris Knight posted:

why are you sitting sideways

it was an 8 player match and it's a sectional/L-shaped couch that wraps around

It's a sony projector they released recently. It retails for $1,999 but I got it new for $1,400. It is really great for the price and it has very good viewablity even with all the lights on

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 13, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
John Dvorak is probly more successful by extracting money from the right wing/conspiracy minded crowd with his hot takes on the latest Fox News stories.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/thelarkinn/status/1006746626617008128

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

nice white socks :rolleyes: