Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Kikas posted:

Given that they shake up distribution with Oddishes in viridian forest here's hoping.

They have increased the variety of types you're able to access before the first gym since Gen III (such as being able to access Wingull and Lotad/Seedot) so adding Oddish at that point makes some sense.

I'm sure that a lot of people are disappointed with the amount of hand-holding this game has, but this game is specifically designed for the casual crowd so I should let this slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Riding Pokemon and Pokemon following you better be standard from here on in. Riding an Onix down a tiny little path while beating up children and their first Caterpie makes me smile.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

You know I bet even halfway dedicated PoGO players have the entire Kanto pokedex for transfer so they dont even need to uh, actually catch a single critter in the Switch title

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Parrotine posted:

You know I bet even halfway dedicated PoGO players have the entire Kanto pokedex for transfer so they dont even need to uh, actually catch a single critter in the Switch title

Go Park doesn’t unlock until Fuschia City.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Parrotine posted:

I've been playing for about 3 months fairly regularly and I've got the entire Kanto except the regional exclusives, it's not difficult.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I must be playing wrong because I've had it since Day 1 and I still don't have everything from even the Kanto Dex. :psyduck:

I did have to stop playing for about 6 months because my phone was too old and busted to play it anymore. Picked it back up with my new phone. I also can never participate in Raids because they seem... hard to organize people for.

I do play pretty much every day, catching stuff as I walk around and stuff like that.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I highly recommend local Facebook and discord groups for raids. Usually after work when I want to play my gf and I end up in a caravan of people hitting up multiple raids

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I hope Eevee gets an actual moveset because what the hell do I do with an unevolved base eevee that can't breed

Can the Eevee in Let's Go really not evolve? What the gently caress is even the point then?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

Can the Eevee in Let's Go really not evolve? What the gently caress is even the point then?

dress up :3:

Parrotine posted:

based on the Treehouse playing of it, catching is going to be a huge huge source of EXP

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I hope in the new core Pokemon they add a shitload more mega evolutions. I would love to see what weird poo poo they can think of for a bunch of the lesser used Pokemon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gonna go ahead and assume theres no bank functionality for let's go

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mesadoram posted:

I hope in the new core Pokemon they add a shitload more mega evolutions. I would love to see what weird poo poo they can think of for a bunch of the lesser used Pokemon.

didn't they introduce Z-crystals as a means to move away from doing new mega evolutions? I could've sworn I saw that in an interview recently

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

z crystals were a mistake and mega evos are insanely cool and good

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

oddium posted:

z crystals were a mistake and mega evos are insanely cool and good

I'm okay with Z-Crystals. It's applying the concept of Mega Evolution to moves.

But yeah, I want more Megas.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It’s mostly that they didn’t do anything intersting with them, outside of a handfull they are all just damage, so the generic ones make the pokemon specific ones pointless - and arguably worse since they lock you into a specific move.

I also prefer megas.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 13, 2018

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, in the base game Z-Crystals are just "At some point in this battle I will want to use flamethrower *very hard*" The status Z-Moves get more interesting but those are really only useful in competitive play.

Mega Evolution is "hey you know that pokemon you love, let's make him even better."

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

[chants]

No more Megas
More regular evolutions
No more Megas
More regular evolutions

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

less laughter posted:

[chants]

No more Megas
More regular evolutions
No more Megas
More regular evolutions

I agree with this. I know people like megas, and there are totally some mega designs that are cool, but I'll never be as excited for a mega evolution as I would be a real evolution or a whole brand new Pokemon.

Except Farfetch'D, keep your filthy disgusting evolution wanting hands off my pure good non-evo Farfetch"D

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, in the base game Z-Crystals are just "At some point in this battle I will want to use flamethrower *very hard*" The status Z-Moves get more interesting but those are really only useful in competitive play.

Mega Evolution is "hey you know that pokemon you love, let's make him even better."

I prefer the Z crystals, because to me, Mega Evolution is, "hey, you know that Pokemon you love? Let's give it better stats, but make it incredibly stupid looking, to the point where you'd never want to use it."

With the exception of Mega Houndoom and a couple others. Mega Houndoom should have just been a regular evolution.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Macaluso posted:

I agree with this. I know people like megas, and there are totally some mega designs that are cool, but I'll never be as excited for a mega evolution as I would be a real evolution or a whole brand new Pokemon.

Except Farfetch'D, keep your filthy disgusting evolution wanting hands off my pure good non-evo Farfetch"D

eviolite was a mistake

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

all final evos are now item trade evos, base monsters have a 1% chance of holding the item they need

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

oddium posted:

all final evos are now item trade evos, base monsters have a 1% chance of holding the item they need

Hello there walking personification of generation 4. How's it going?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurieg posted:

Hello there walking personification of generation 4. How's it going?

The worst instance of this was actually in gen VI, when they introduced two lines unrelated to older mons that were still item trade evos for no reason other than to make evolving them as obnoxious as possible for the player (Slurpuff and Aromatisse).

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Has there been any word on version exclusives in the Let's Go games?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nessa posted:

I prefer the Z crystals, because to me, Mega Evolution is, "hey, you know that Pokemon you love? Let's give it better stats, but make it incredibly stupid looking, to the point where you'd never want to use it."

With the exception of Mega Houndoom and a couple others. Mega Houndoom should have just been a regular evolution.

There are more good Mega-evos than bad.

Ampharos, Charizard-Y, Mewtwo-Y, Blastoise, Gendar, Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Tyrantiar, Mawile, Houndoom, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Abomasnow, Beedrill, Slowbro, Swampert, Sableye, Camerupt, Lopunny and Altaria are all very good.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

indigi posted:

didn't they introduce Z-crystals as a means to move away from doing new mega evolutions? I could've sworn I saw that in an interview recently

Correct; they were added because they didn't feel like designing 600 new Mega Pokemon, but they wanted to give all pokemon access to supermoves

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Zore posted:

There are more good Mega-evos than bad.

Ampharos, Charizard-Y, Mewtwo-Y, Blastoise, Gendar, Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Tyrantiar, Mawile, Houndoom, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Abomasnow, Beedrill, Slowbro, Swampert, Sableye, Camerupt, Lopunny and Altaria are all very good.

:eyepop:

Man that's uh... a hot take to say the least.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MAnectric's base design is so awful that anything is an improvement.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Does anyone have that picture of a Mega Manetric tipping over? I couldn't find it. (I actually like Mega Manetric's design far better than standard Manetric, but boy the giant thunderbolt shape is a problem.)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

oddium posted:

I can catch wild Porygons/Porygons2 now? :suicide:

gently caress Gen VII for not correcting the mistake of all the other gens and still locking the best boy behind the post game.

EDIT: As a reminder, never search any Pokemon with safe search off. EVEN PORYGON Z

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Kikas posted:

EDIT: As a reminder, never search any Pokemon with safe search off. EVEN PORYGON Z

3 Dildos?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kikas posted:

:eyepop:

Man that's uh... a hot take to say the least.

Manectric turning into a lightning boi is hilarious and so much better than its base design.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mizuti posted:

Does anyone have that picture of a Mega Manetric tipping over? I couldn't find it. (I actually like Mega Manetric's design far better than standard Manetric, but boy the giant thunderbolt shape is a problem.)

it's called Manectric

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they should call it manictric, because of the design being manic

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The game peaked with Shuckle and it’s all been downhill since then.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

quick PSA: the Pokeball Plus bundles are up on Amazon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I'm holding out for the Pokéball Minus

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chill Penguin posted:

Has there been any word on version exclusives in the Let's Go games?

The first trailer had a Ponyta on Route 17/Cycling Road which was only a thing in Yellow version. Oddish was in Viridian Forest for the demo, but they usually change Pokemon distribution for those kind of things.

In general I'd look to the Red and Blue Pokemon differences list. Scyther, Pinsir, Exeggcute, and Dratini are the only ones that didn't get reassigned to a Gen I Kanto location in Gold and SIlver.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Slurpuff seems like a weird Pokémon name. It makes me think that it got its name because it constantly assaults people with racial slurs and just says generally really mean things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

It should have been called Pupcake