Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
More like Graham Ganowned His Kids
https://twitter.com/GrahamGano/status/1006630448213233665

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't sack the Hack

because he will never play

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/BR_NFL/status/1006666179933376512

Edit:

https://twitter.com/ReggieBush/status/1006661696381956098

Gonz fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 12, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You just know he's sitting on an absurd offer from the Cowboys.

quote:

Speaking Tuesday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said "we'll see" when asked if holdout FS Earl Thomas would be with the team come Week 1.

Even at the risk of incurring massive fines, 29-year-old Thomas has said he will hold out of all team activities until his contract situation is rectified. The Seahawks publicly shopped Thomas this offseason but never found the trade price they were looking for. Thomas isn't interested in risking his health as he tries to get his football future squared away. This one could get messy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Hey, some one has to play Trevor Siemian to Josh Allen's Paxton Lynch, right?

What a horrible and wholly accurate thing to say.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Didn't a Seahawks fan call the Chiefs garbo yesterday?

The Seahawks are done.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Hey, some one has to play Trevor Siemian to Josh Allen's Paxton Lynch, right?

nobody should ever play either of those roles ever again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/ReggieBush/status/1006661696381956098

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
1yr/$12.5m seems like a lot for Bush but I guess the Rams are going all in this year.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

WHOOPS posted:

1yr/$12.5m seems like a lot for Bush but I guess the Rams are going all in this year.

A promising career cut down in his prime

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, the NFL contract system mega-fucks running backs because they have the shortest careers.

If you declare at 22 you'll be 26 or 27 at the end of your rookie deal, then can be franchise for two years at a cost controlled rate because every other RB is also going through this, so the franchise tag is pretty cheap. At which point they'll be 28 or 29 which is already in the middle of the downslope of RB's effectiveness.

Like here's the # of RB's that put up a 1000 rushing yards / 4.0 carry since the merger. (Which isn't exactly some crazy high bar)

Age - #
23 - 51
24 - 66
25 - 69
26 - 72
27 - 49
28 - 45
29 - 24
30 - 18
31 - 11
32 - 4
33+ - 0

As a side note, the Seahawks should probably extend Earl Thomas on the other hand, as all time great safeties have had this uncanny knack for staying healthy into their mid 30's that most defensive guys don't.

God drat Frank Gore was so close to doing that at 33 and 34

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Bwahahahaha @ calling Grigson talented.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1006886832284618752?s=21

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol at the seahawks in general

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Eifert out with undisclosed injury.

Because of course he is.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So who is the standard-bearer for consistent greatness in the NFC now that the Seahawks have imploded? Is it, like, the Panthers?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eifert Posting posted:

Eifert out with undisclosed injury.

Because of course he is.

He dead, fam

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

fsif posted:

So who is the standard-bearer for consistent greatness in the NFC now that the Seahawks have imploded? Is it, like, the Panthers?

We handed the torch back to the 49ers

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

The Saints?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Why would anyone hire Grigson hahahahaha

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Why would anyone hire Grigson hahahahaha

I think the Browns hired him last year too. Probably as a return favor for trading them that 1st for Richardson.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
It's like the Seahawks are putting on a multiyear clinic on how to build a perennially-good franchise and then drive it into the ground

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Pete Carroll is going to retire and John Schneider will get fired and then the Seahawks will make Grigson GM and Brian Schottenheimer HC

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Pete Carroll is going to retire and John Schneider will get fired and then the Seahawks will make Grigson GM and Brian Schottenheimer HC
This would be too perfect.

They will still be good because of RWB.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The 49ers were a powerhouse for a couple of years and then tanked fast. Seattle was good longer, but they seem to be cratering just as hard. The Packers have been the perennial playoff team in the NFC as long as Rodgers is healthy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

pubic works project posted:

I think the Browns hired him last year too. Probably as a return favor for trading them that 1st for Richardson.

Sashi hired him and Dorsey fired him.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Red Men got Alex Smith so I'm ready.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A Man and his dog posted:

Red Men got Alex Smith so I'm ready.

Ready....to get pooped on!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

Saints or the Panthers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers will be good this year y'all

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chichevache posted:

The Saints?

The Saints have gone 7-9 in four of their last six seasons.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
All hail the incoming Rams dynasty

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Saints or the Panthers.

how is it not Green Bay? literally their only losing season in the past 9 years was going 7-9 this year. the Saints went 7-9 four times in the last 6.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

WHOOPS posted:

how is it not Green Bay? literally their only losing season in the past 9 years was going 7-9 this year. the Saints went 7-9 four times in the last 6.

Yeah it's Green Bay obviously. C'mon guys

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
When you play in a division with the Bears and Lions...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Play posted:

Yeah it's Green Bay obviously. C'mon guys

Green Bay for sure. Fiz has also been making GBS threads on the Panthers all offseason saying how bad they are going to be so lol

I would say Green Bay for sure. New Orleans and Atlanta have a ton of solid and young talent that should set up well for the future. Philly has to be in the mix as well, along with LA.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

It's going to be the Eagles.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Fiz has also been making GBS threads on the Panthers all offseason saying how bad they are going to be so lol

What does that have to do with anything?

Panthers have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFC since 2013. They only missed the playoffs once and went to the super bowl. They're doing this playing in the hardest or second hardest division in the NFL.

Teams will have a whole offseason to look at what Philly did and figure out how to stop it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And if what they did is just good execution of plays? Not really a counter to good, consistent play.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can't sack the Hack, he don't have a team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diqnol posted:

And if what they did is just good execution of plays? Not really a counter to good, consistent play.

It's possible. But I probably said the same thing after 2015 and whelp

Also the Panthers are going to be bad this year because left 60% of the offensive line is....problematic. Also Kuechly is dead and they have no DBs.

• Locked thread