Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I thought he just liked tigers. gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Vulture Culture posted:

He's this guy: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Bucktown_Tiger

In his earlier appearances he said something about playing piano in a tiger costume at a furry convention if you connected the dots.

Most furries I know aren't super into having that be their whole identity. They're mostly fairly normal folks who occasionally suit up and do the whole fandom thing. It also tends to be one of those things where the IRL identity and the fandom identity are rarely seen in the same room at the same time.

Welp, that explains why he was so evasive when Alex asked him about the conventions and such. The tiger thing should've given me more of a hint, but I didn't really connect the dots until he came back earlier this week and I started reading this thread again after the Teachers Tournament.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Tom deserved to lose for that loving popped collar.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

A Typical Goon posted:

I thought he just liked tigers. gently caress

Furries, not even once

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
If you're suddenly getting angry about a person on the TV because of their unusual and weird hobby, I'm going to suggest maybe it's not the furry that has the significant problem.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

PT6A posted:

If you're suddenly getting angry about a person on the TV because of their unusual and weird hobby, I'm going to suggest maybe it's not the furry that has the significant problem.

whats your fursona

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

PT6A posted:

nah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yet another reason to skip the contestant stories :smugdog:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vulture Culture posted:

He's this guy: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Bucktown_Tiger

In his earlier appearances he said something about playing piano in a tiger costume at a furry convention if you connected the dots.

jfc

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've been on the internet long enough that any time i find out about the weirder parts managing to jump the gulf into the real world, i just stand back and marvel at how goddamned bizarre this universe is, and then keep right on truckin.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
From the backlash, you'd think a Jeopardy! contestant murdered his wife

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Vulture Culture posted:

There was that one Jeopardy champ a couple years back who was convicted of defrauding and stealing the money of the elderly couple he supported as a home health aide here in New York like last year and is now serving jail time. I think his name was Winston Nguyen or something like that, and he was a one day champ who lost on the first day of a new season, IIRC.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Generally I try not to think about the weird sex things people on TV get up to.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vulture Culture posted:

Vulture Culture posted:

Most furries I know

mmhmm, mmhmm

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

There was that one Jeopardy champ a couple years back who was convicted of defrauding and stealing the money of the elderly couple he supported as a home health aide here in New York like last year and is now serving jail time. I think his name was Winston Nguyen or something like that, and he was a one day champ who lost on the first day of a new season, IIRC.
Oh, I said that because there was actually a contestant who murdered his wife (Paul Curry)

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Guys forget about the furry I think we can all agree that this current ‘private investor’ from NY is worse scum

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

PT6A posted:

uh na thats some loving weirdo poo poo sorry bro

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

A Typical Goon posted:

Guys forget about the furry I think we can all agree that this current ‘private investor’ from NY is worse scum
Definitely operates a nine-figure Ponzi scheme

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

A Typical Goon posted:

Yeah, I loving hate this guy.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Has a contestant ever answered, "Who is the Zodiac Killer?" Because somebody needs to edit that together with the picture of Ted Cruz from last night.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
looks like they've only had the movie Zodiac

http://j-archive.com/search.php?search=zodiac+killer&submit=Search

but maybe someone said Zodiac Killer as a wrong answer before

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vulture Culture posted:

i'd find that more normal tbh.

it was funny explaining that poo poo to my dad on memorial day. he goes "so that's why he did that dumb paw thing every intro???"

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Kate Spade a clue on yesterday's show and she committed suicide this morning. Helluva coincidental timing, since these episodes are taped months in advance.

Had no idea with the last two Finals, probably wouldn't have gotten out better than the $599 yesterday's champ won. She goes home with an additional $2k for having come in second today with $5.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

poo poo, can't believe I forgot about that. Buzzy is good people.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I can't believe tonight's was a triple stumper.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

HookShot posted:

I can't believe tonight's was a triple stumper.

Didn't come to me, as I couldn't come up with a fictional character with a mustache prominent enough to merit an obit in the NYT in the 70s, but was obvious enough when the correct response was shown. Need to read more Agatha Christie I guess, the only Poirot stuff I've seen are the live action Murder on the Orient Express stuff, which momentarily increased my interest, but not enough to actually pick up any of the books. I should probably change that.

Just not my wheelhouse and likely not that of the contestants either. It happens.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
T’Challa hit the big screen in 2016 :mad:

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
David is the worst.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Syzygy Stardust posted:

David is the worst.

Thankfully, he's no longer an issue.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

David reminds of Paul Dano from There Will be Blood

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

banned from Starbucks posted:

David reminds of Paul Dano from There Will be Blood
He's like a really lovely low-rent Chris Hardwick

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Ever since Alex did his whole ‘some people are saying we’ve been making final jeopardy hard on purpose to save money’ speech last week every single final question has been incredibly easy.

Kinda makes me think they were just making them hard on purpose and are trying to back peddle now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There was a guy from Friday and Monday who was very unchill

Poque fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 19, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I feel like final jeopardy should be hard on purpose though

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

fruit on the bottom posted:

I feel like final jeopardy should be hard on purpose though

It should be hard but should be able to be sussed out with enough general knowledge about *topic*

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
They shouldn’t be two foot putts like The Lion King or trombone

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Or "What's a famous children's book set on a farm?" Like, come on.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
tbf it was a 50/50 until i remembered babe was set in england

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The zodiac one was hard today. And Diana went into final with a runaway score of 29600 when the next person had 10800, but Diana wagered 9000

she could have lost with a runaway if Katherine had doubled and Diana gotten it wrong

eta: someone on another forum is saying they don't let you see the other people's scores when you're wagering for final. that sounds kind of odd to me. can anyone with experience comment on the final wagering process

Ein cooler Typ fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 15, 2018