Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

For your regular reminder of how hosed things are in Syria, here's a video of an ATGM sniper duel. A SAA ATGM tries to snipe a FSA position, and the FSA counter-snipes them with their own ATGM. It's feels more like something out of Battlefield than something happening in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwH0FpjBTPo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Life imitates art.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I miss Bad Company 2

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Fallom posted:

I miss Bad Company 2

Last battlefield I really enjoyed

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Agreed.

Some friends and I recently reinstalled it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
At what point does it stop being a sniper duel and start being battery/counter-battery?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

That reminds me of the only person I've ever met who was a anti-tank rocket, uh, operator. He hauled the Dragon around in the US Army. That thing was evidently considered near suicide to use outside of, "Holy gently caress, they are everywhere!"
When it worked correctly, it painted a nice big arrow saying, "Here I am!". His thoughts on use were to get one rocket off, ditch everything but the sight group, and fight as a rifleman from there on.

I see why now.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Fallom posted:

I miss Bad Company 2
BF4 missile snipes are so satisfying.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

evil_bunnY posted:

BF4 missile snipes are so satisfying.

https://youtu.be/3m4mVkqc1u8

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Looks like the PKK has started using melodramatic movie music in their propaganda. In this case, it's Lux Aeterna. This is a video where PKK fighters ambush a Turkish patrol at extremely close range, under 50 ft. It feels like a PUBG ambush, except that real people are dying.

https://streamable.com/fw6yw :nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 14, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slapped a tag on that one, it's a bunch of guys getting smoked at spitting distance.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
:stare:

JFC

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Yeah umm. Not a whole lot to say to that. GoPro war is loving weird, but probably good for as many to see as possible.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Vahakyla posted:

Yeah umm. Not a whole lot to say to that. GoPro war is loving weird, but probably good for as many to see as possible.

Didn’t people say that the media coverage of the Vietnam war, with TV and all, would result in a long lasting surge of pacifism because people could never again support that poo poo?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
They also said WWI was the war to end all wars because it was so destructive and horrible

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Good thing WWII finally settled that once and for all.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

And Richard Gatling said that his gun would be so devastating on the battlefield that one man could do the work of a hundred and nobody would need armies.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
And reminder that hawks will often bemoan what a shame it is that the US doesn't like suffering casualties in major wars any more or gets to uneasy about causing civilian deaths/injuries.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

golden bubble posted:

Looks like the PKK has started using melodramatic movie music in their propaganda. In this case, it's Lux Aeterna. This is a video where PKK fighters ambush a Turkish patrol at extremely close range, under 50 ft. It feels like a PUBG ambush, except that real people are dying.

Holy poo poo.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

chitoryu12 posted:

And Richard Gatling said that his gun would be so devastating on the battlefield that one man could do the work of a hundred and nobody would need armies.

One could almost say something about war's unchanging nature. No idea how to phrase it tho.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwUdL9qXjk

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

golden bubble posted:

"Thanks for the PKM and the hat, bitch"

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

golden bubble posted:

Holy gently caress. Somebody hosed up bad.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Slim Pickens posted:

"Thanks for the PKM and the hat, bitch"

He decides the PKM is too heavy and grabs the G3 instead.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

my kinda ape posted:

Think he grabbed them both. Its sitting on their trophy mat at the beginning of the video. You can see him carrying it at the end.

Brutal video.

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 14, 2018

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Missionary Positron posted:

One could almost say something about war's unchanging nature. No idea how to phrase it tho.

“War... war is always the same” might be it.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
That dude was like 5cm from getting his head shot off by the last dude with the pkm when he peeks around that rock :stare:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Inshallah

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

The pkk are nominally atheists, the Turkish military is turning nominally Islamist.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Ish'nah'allah?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

my kinda ape posted:

HK93. It's 5.56

I know we are trianed to assault into a near ambush, but in that situation, you are hosed hard. Fighting up hill, no security, very close ambush. You die. Just try to take some dudes with you.

Also, I swear I did that exact ambush in FC5 last time I played.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I dig this IRGC moto video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn_aEbjSYE0

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Better than Max Impact

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

How do three guys end up trudging up a rocky hillside, one after another, without any shred of awareness like that? The dude who first gets rocked isn’t even looking up. I know there’s no context to this but those guys had no idea they were in any danger of getting shot, right?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Lol

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

How do three guys end up trudging up a rocky hillside, one after another, without any shred of awareness like that? The dude who first gets rocked isn’t even looking up. I know there’s no context to this but those guys had no idea they were in any danger of getting shot, right?

I guess after mile 5 of up the hill-down the hill-game on an area where usually aint poo poo aside from friendly sheep farmers you get complacent? I mean if it was considered dangerous route there wouldnt be three guys without backup, would there?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Valtonen posted:

I guess after mile 5 of up the hill-down the hill-game on an area where usually aint poo poo aside from friendly sheep farmers you get complacent? I mean if it was considered dangerous route there wouldnt be three guys without backup, would there?

I mean the Red Wings patrol was just 4 guys, so if SEALs can get themselves into that mess why wouldn’t Turks?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I don't get what three dudes were doing off by themselves. Did they fall out of a patrol and then get picked off?

I mean its a great way to improve a unit's PT scores lol

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It sounds like they take fire as they're looting, that might've been a lead element that got too far ahead? Or the turks are just complacent.

Our sniper rifles fire the entire bullet. That's 50% more bullet, per bullet!

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Slim Pickens posted:

Our sniper rifles fire the entire bullet. That's 50% more bullet, per bullet!

Multi-stage bullets are hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHryOrNQFa0

Spoiler alerts for an old, stupid movie, I guess.