Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

njsykora posted:

OK we have a new contender for best dance in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Step 1: Demolish ADC
Step 2: Playerbase learns to play not-ADCs in the duo botlane
Step 3: Slowly reintroduce power to ADCs
Step 4: Bot lane champ diversity is increased forever

or Riot is throwing darts at a dartboard labeled, "balancing decisions"

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

njsykora posted:

OK we have a new contender for best dance in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUmXhzhvkg&t=39s

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
aatrox's new voice lines are incredible. he's so sassy, this rules.

in case no one's seen it, he has voice lines making fun of you for having mastery 7, tells your opponent that their parents never loved them, and says "poo poo"

he's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pn41Ecefm4

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Lol he’s like gritty meta knight

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else just get booted from a game?

I was in a game, we were winning

Then it just said "attempting to reconnect...' and never would reconnect so I closed the client

And when I reopened it, I can't rejoin the game

I'm just in the lobby

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That turned out way better than I could have possibly hoped. :allears:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
is there some new weird poo poo with nunu and karthus now?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

No just some weird duo that decided to double jungle, with Nunu feeding all the exp and gold to Karthus so he could get hilariously ahead. At one point he was three levels over anyone else in the game.

They then proceeded to do absolutely nothing with that advantage and kept farming camps while the enemy veigar freefarmed mid and their udyr camped bottom forever, and never contested a single dragon/herald/baron with their double smite plus consume. It was bad.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I played against the Nunu/Karthus mid jungle thing today. I played Soraka and when I hit level 12 Karthus was almost one shotting me with his ult even though I had an MR item. It was a lot of fun.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

No just some weird duo that decided to double jungle, with Nunu feeding all the exp and gold to Karthus so he could get hilariously ahead. At one point he was three levels over anyone else in the game.

They then proceeded to do absolutely nothing with that advantage and kept farming camps while the enemy veigar freefarmed mid and their udyr camped bottom forever, and never contested a single dragon/herald/baron with their double smite plus consume. It was bad.

It's absolutely a new thing. AFAIK it was just two randos in EUW who were crushing in diamond duoing with the strategy, someone posts about it on Reddit, and it's even gotten picked in LCK.

It's pretty similar to the Taric/Yi combo, except instead of Taric providing protection while the Yi clears everything, it's the Nunu damaging jungle creeps with Q so Karthus can clear them and get super fed. They can duo baron at 20m pretty trivially.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NeighborlyAstuteAniseKevinTurtle

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

can't believe what they've done for aatrox's loading screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRmzkAT3bLI

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Dragongem posted:

Rumble's real title is "Rumble - the guy who has the hots for Tristana"
I thought that streamer's name was something different.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Bell_ posted:

I thought that streamer's name was something different.

:golfclap:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I guess aatrox can kiss his jungling goodbye?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Gortarius posted:

I guess aatrox can kiss his jungling goodbye?

hahaha what

no, he's gonna be loving ridiculous at it. He gets extra damage and mega knockups on top of % HP damage now.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
He'll be an even better jungler if anything

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Riot: ‘here’s a completely free total overhaul of this champ. All of his effects are redone and he has a new kit. Enjoy. :)

Goon: can attic even JUNGLE anymore. Ruining the game I see riot

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Yeah, I'm excited to try jungling aatrox because he looks fun but I'm too much of a weenie for top lane

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
A lot of jungle Aatrox's gank potential stemmed from his old Q, is my one concern. While his new W and his Q all have little CC effects, nothing in there appears to be quite as "I have created a gank and will puke out damage" as Q-W dive-ins were. I would wager he will spend less of his clear at about 50%, which will be welcome against counterjunglers. I'll be interested in seeing how it shakes out. The dash will probably make up for a lot of the loss of his old Q?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Riot: heres a completely free total overhaul of this champ. All of his effects are redone and he has a new kit. Enjoy. :)

Goon: can attic even JUNGLE anymore. Ruining the game I see riot

It is well documented that how much goons love a champion is directly proportional to their jungling ability, regardless of intent of the role.

Anyway, he'll be way better at -clearing- the jungle but given his only ability to gapclose now is a piddly double dash, if you don't land his new W you probably sadly walk away.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

Watching a few folks play him on PBE, his clear/sustain/ganks from the jungle seem fine.

Of all the things I've noticed about him is that in combat he is deceptively immobile. Q does not actually displace you (a la Riven Q), and his E is significantly short ranged and on a long enough charge CD that you're likely not using more than the 2 stock you'll have saved up. Accounting for this relatively immobility seems to be key (as well as properly sweet-spotting his Q).

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Transient People posted:

hahaha what

no, he's gonna be loving ridiculous at it. He gets extra damage and mega knockups on top of % HP damage now.

I read up on what he is like now, and I noticed he lost his lifesteal and AS boost. As lovely as the old Q was it set up a kill/waste of a flash when it did land (when paired with the primed damage swing from the old passive).

He always had super good damage in the jungle with the AS boost and the damage swing, and a few occasional lifesteal attacks to keep you going. I didn't see any numbers anywhere so is the damage still comparable? The dashes look really short, can you use them to jump over the thicker parts of the walls? I'm guessing no from the looks of it.

With the lifesteal and AS gone I don't think he can solo herald or drake super early?

So I'm skeptical, but if people who've played him say he is good to go, I'll have to take their word on it.

EDIT:

Oh the E just gives you a passive lifesteal thing? I thought you only had it briefly after using E. Jungle is saved...

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 13, 2018

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Gortarius posted:

With the lifesteal ... gone

Umbral Dash (E):

"Passive: Aatrox heals for 15/16.25/17.5/18.75/20% of physical damage he deals.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Super Librarian posted:

Umbral Dash (E):

Yeah, oops. I watched some vid and the way it described it made me think he only got the lifesteal for a brief period after using the dash.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Super Librarian posted:

Umbral Dash (E):

what the gently caress? hes going to be completely immovable in lane

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Verviticus posted:

Ehhh... I'm not sure. It's not like nasus is out there crushing all before him, and he doesn't even have a skill point tax on his lifesteal. I miss old W.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Verviticus posted:

If it's not restricted to champions only I'll eat a hat

though tbf 'is immovable in lane' is something tox already had, kinda, didn't he?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Super Librarian posted:

Umbral Dash (E):

if you're gonna quote the patch notes dont misquote them to make him sound better

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Transient People posted:

though tbf 'is immovable in lane' is something tox already had, kinda, didn't he?

Thumbtacks posted:

if you're gonna quote the patch notes dont misquote them to make him sound better

eat 66% of your hat Mother Fucker

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

I quoted exactly what I saw on surrender@20 at the time :shrug:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Transient People posted:

ehhh, he's always been squishy enough that you can force him away from the creeps

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Hey, do people do still give feedback on replays in these threads?

Here's the .rofl file, I don't know if there's a better way to share this.

1/3/5 Janna game in provisionals. Had a strong start and got first blood but got muscled out of lane by Yasuo/Morgana. Always turned up in fights just in time to watch my teammates die. Kept catching Morg's Qs and died stupidly to ganks. Aside from paying more attention to the map, what should I/could I have done to turn this game around?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

that kinda looks like it scales cause the number has a colour but it clearly isnt scaling there

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

pog boyfriend posted:

eat 66% of your hat Mother Fucker

Shouldn't he only eat 33% of his hat?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

edit: oh nevermind, dang

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hey, are minion dematerializers still the same as before? No changes made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Mash posted:

Shouldn't he only eat 33% of his hat?

maybe... any stats goons want to weigh in and solve this puzzle once and for all? we need to know what portion of the hat that person needs to eat