Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

What does that have to do with anything?

Panthers have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFC since 2013. They only missed the playoffs once and went to the super bowl. They're doing this playing in the hardest or second hardest division in the NFL.

Teams will have a whole offseason to look at what Philly did and figure out how to stop it.

You have been complaining about how bad they are going to be, how old the defense is, how the drafting hasn't been good. All pretty big red flags for future consistency and success which is what the question was...no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

You have been complaining about how bad they are going to be, how old the defense is, how the drafting hasn't been good. All pretty big red flags for future consistency and success which is what the question was...no?

Then I misread the question. Panthers had been right there with the Seahawks during their run or whatever.

There's still enough on the Panthers to poo poo out 9-10 wins, but they're old and injury prone.

Of course everything could line up and they could make another super bowl run who knows.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

Then I misread the question. Panthers had been right there with the Seahawks during their run or whatever.

There's still enough on the Panthers to poo poo out 9-10 wins, but they're old and injury prone.

Of course everything could line up and they could make another super bowl run who knows.

For sure, agree with you on the past. Panthers have been consistently great.

Hell, maybe I misread the question...but I was more thinking of now and future greatness not past?

It also wouldn't shock me to see the Panthers in the Playoffs yet again this year.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers are the most high variance team in the NFL, season-to-season and even game-to-game

Its impossible to project Carolina

What was the Bush injury about? Did he trip on bad turf during warm-ups or something?

Eagles

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What was the Bush injury about? Did he trip on bad turf during warm-ups or something?

Eagles

Slipped on concrete after a play and tore his ACL

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

It's possible. But I probably said the same thing after 2015 and whelp

Also the Panthers are going to be bad this year because left 60% of the offensive line is....problematic. Also Kuechly is dead and they have no DBs.

It's odd and moronic that the Bucs and Panthers did relatively little to address secondary issues with a division of Brees, Ryan, Cam, and Winston.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

It's odd and moronic that the Bucs and Panthers did relatively little to address secondary issues with a division of Brees, Ryan, Cam, and Winston.

Uh you can’t control the line of scrimmage and set the tone and control the clock with DBs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So does Reggie Bush's $12 million count against LAR's cap?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

pubic works project posted:

So does Reggie Bush's $12 million count against LAR's cap?

No? It's a lawsuit, not salary money

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
NBC reported that the Pats were shopping around Gronkowski three days before the draft, probably as a way to amass draft picks and move up for Baker Mayfield.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hi all I just popped in to tell you that I made some loving easy money betting 100 dollars on Mahomes to surpass his inexplicable 21 TD line in Vegas.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Hi all I just popped in to tell you that I made some loving easy money betting 100 dollars on Mahomes to surpass his inexplicable 21 TD line in Vegas.

Do the pick sixes he's gonna throw count

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Bucs DL was awful last year and they did a lot to help that. QBs will pick you apart if they have all day, which they did, I don't care who the CBs are. They resigned Grimes for another year and got two pretty good CBs in the draft. How do you figure they did "relatively little"

e: I guess they didn't do much with safeties but my above point still stands

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 13, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bucs DL was awful last year and they did a lot to help that. QBs will pick you apart if they have all day, which they did, I don't care who the CBs are. They resigned Grimes for another year and got two pretty good CBs in the draft. How do you figure they did "relatively little"

Mike Smith's defenses are never good without a good safety.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

a neat cape posted:

Chargers will be good this year y'all

How many Charger ACLs are still to get torn before week 1?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Not exactly sold on the rookie CBs, especially the better of the two is a press corner who they're having play mostly zone. VH3 is a slot corner and Grimes could die any day. It's, not great.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Mike Smith's defenses are never good without a good safety.

But we have CHRIS CONTE starting again!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Major Ryan posted:

How many Charger ACLs are still to get torn before week 1?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1006973489197322245

This is nice.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

a neat cape posted:

Let's ask Favre how many you can throw while still being a hall of famer

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

No one says anything bad about players in minicamp, every team is a Super Bowl contender

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Oh God I can't even be snarky about it. I honestly hope this is the case; Chargers deserve a break.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm starting to get this sinking feeling that Luck may essentially be done for good. Saying he has a "little mental block" to throwing a regulation football, having been out of the sport for a long long time, and being on probably the worst roster in the NFL. I hope it's not true but at the point there's been so much bullshit thrown around about him that I'm starting to think this is really bad and that the mental and physical issues might have basically halved his talent

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

a neat cape posted:

No? It's a lawsuit, not salary money

Okay just checking. Saw a couple of jokes that stated otherwise and it confused me.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Play posted:

I'm starting to get this sinking feeling that Luck may essentially be done for good. Saying he has a "little mental block" to throwing a regulation football, having been out of the sport for a long long time, and being on probably the worst roster in the NFL. I hope it's not true but at the point there's been so much bullshit thrown around about him that I'm starting to think this is really bad and that the mental and physical issues might have basically halved his talent
Will it go down as one of the worst career trajectories ever? Poor guy.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Would be ironic if Luck and RG3 both derailed their careers with lovely injuries because their coaches/gm refused to sideline them while injured and build decent teams around them

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Play posted:

On the bright side everyone who was mad about Peyton to Luck doesn't have to be anymore.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

DariusLikewise posted:

Would be ironic if Luck and RG3 both derailed their careers with lovely injuries because their coaches/gm refused to sideline them while injured and build decent teams around them

They should lock up Pagano and Shanahan for what those assholes did.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

They should lock up Pagano and Shanahan for what those assholes did.

More like Grigson than Pagano.

Still lock up Shanahan.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
June N/V: Andrew Luck Throws "Football"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

nerve posted:

Let's ask Favre how many you can throw while still being a hall of famer

31 in the regular season, 4 in the playoffs. 3 of those playoff ones came in one game :stonk:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TSBX posted:

June N/V: "Andrew Luck" "Throws" "Football"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whypick1 posted:

31 in the regular season, 4 in the playoffs. 3 of those playoff ones came in one game :stonk:
Aeneas Williams :unsmith:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Where's that RG3 post about how the real RG3 could have been great if he wasnt made of glass and broke too easily.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL/status/1006987207549308928

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm utterly shocked by this

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1006997893243441153

:geno:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1006997893243441153?s=19

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

whypick1 posted:

That game RULED

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Ugh, no it didn't. I remember it well. 6 picks in a playoff game? Seriously, nobody but Favre could've even done that. Anyone else would've been yanked at 3.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Ugh, no it didn't. I remember it well. 6 picks in a playoff game? Seriously, nobody but Favre could've even done that. Anyone else would've been yanked at 3.

I remember Jake Delhomme vs the Cardinals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Nope that would be incredible

• Locked thread