Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm more of a banality of evil kind of guy. Sure I have stockpiles of blood from raiders I capture, but only because I want the blood. The war crime aspect is just a side effect. There's no profit in evil just for the sake of evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Exactly! It's about efficiency of resource usage, not about getting some thrill from fake-suffering. Completely and unironically agree that if you want that sort of stuff in for an emotional burst, you're hosed in the head.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ms Adequate posted:

I Prepare Carefully mostly so I can set up more lore accurate starts, for example if I'm doing a tribal start I try to have people be related to each other, and have one person be a hunter/loner type figure who I headcanon was outside the village when the mechanoids came, and returned to find a handful of other survivors who had hidden somewhere. Stuff like that.

As for horrific stuff the only one I've ever been truly IRL bothered by was someone on the DF forums who described, at great length, all kinds of hosed up body horror poo poo he wanted to do and how he wished the game would allow it. Like, splicing dwarves with a dung beetle so they had to eat feces to not starve, fashioning walls out of living people cut up and stitched together, all sorts of stuff that's bad enough to describe second-hand but which was truly a thing of hosed up-ness to see someone describe, first hand, in deep detail. This dude clearly watched The Human Centipede and went "Yeah that seems like a cool idea!"

Honestly, I feel like there's a few places you can get a love of body horror from other than The Human Centipede, and all that stuff sounds a bit more like Tzimisce from Vampire: the Masquerade than human centipedes. Like, turning someone you don't like into a living coffee table is a classic Tzimisce trick.

e: also, yeah, I pretty much mostly do hosed up poo poo in these games myself for the sake of minmaxing. I do occasionally respond to a raid I can't handle in a run I really don't wanna lose quite yet by going into debug mode, selecting "Apply damage" -> "Surgical cut" and cutting their brains until they're all retarded though

...actually that's just hilarious

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 13, 2018

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

If I've got a raid I want to dev mode out of existence, I usually make the local wildlife go manhunter.

Probably the most evil thing I usually do is leave downed enemies out to die of exposure post raid. If I get a bloodlust colonist, after every raid I send them out to kill every downed pawn that I'm not capturing for diplomacy or recruiting purposes.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
You're wasting good warg food :/

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
There's the effigy mod which is pretty great for your dystopic corpse tree hybrid statuary needs

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I just uninstalled the psychology model to be honest. All it did was make my dudes anxiety ridden messes. No noticeable difference without it.

Then I started a tribal game, which doe as not really require prepare carefully.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

One of my colony's babies finally learned to crawl! Her first order of business was to try murdering the cult leader. They grow up so fast :3:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

vandalism posted:

I spent like 20 minutes customizing my dudes in prepare carefully then my game crashed. Turns out it doesn't play nice with Psychology. RIP.

It's a bug in Prepare Carefully the dev still hasn't fixed. You have to turn on Psychology's sexuality changes because Prepare Carefully doesn't account for them being off.

McGiggins posted:

Who said shithole countries?

lol somehow that got posted to the wrong thread. It was just a reference to Americans not caring about foreign brown people don't worry about it.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

McGiggins posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUynRdzzsM&t=60s

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
:stare: that was a proclick

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

HelloSailorSign posted:

If I've got a raid I want to dev mode out of existence, I usually make the local wildlife go manhunter.

Probably the most evil thing I usually do is leave downed enemies out to die of exposure post raid. If I get a bloodlust colonist, after every raid I send them out to kill every downed pawn that I'm not capturing for diplomacy or recruiting purposes.

In the beginning when I'm still short on clothing I strip every downed raider and leave them to die in the cold/heat since that way the clothes don't get dead mans stank on them.

E: Yeah like anyone on Rimworld gives a poo poo about covering up crimes.

Pharnakes fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 13, 2018

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

This was literal several of my Rimworld colonies. Wild boars breed fast, train fast, can haul and are surprisingly resilient, so they can serve both as sacrificial war boars and as dedicated, valuable haulers. Every raid will kill shitload of war boars, saving you need to slaughter them, the boars will kill or distract the raiders, preventing damage to your pawns, once the raid is over, the hauling boars will haul human corpses to freezers, so your sensitive, bleeding heart pawns don't have to even look at dead bodies, and once in freezer, the boars will dispose of them in a few days, saving you any headaches with graves, cremation, or having rotting human bodies lying around. Efficiency!

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

McGiggins posted:

I turn the bodies into compost for my fields.

I also haven’t even seen a warg on the map I’m on and it’s 3rd year already.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Wargs are so 2016. It's all about the Tyanasaurids now.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

HelloSailorSign posted:

I run one of the mods that removes the 'instant death on downing' thing and as a result raids tend to end with a lot of downed enemies out in the fields. As I'm running Imperial Guard I've got a commissar type that goes out to deliver The Emperor's Justice upon the fallen.

At least upon those I don't want to brain-harvest.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I used to use a mod that changed the down-to-instant-dead percent but it was never updated. Which one do you use now?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Death Rattle still works fine.

E: You probably meant raiders being downed which is Custom Death Randomness

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 13, 2018

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I had originally planned on giving all my released prisoners wooden dentures as well as the removal of both legs + peg leg but it didn't serve any purpose. The legs + luciferum cripple a member of a hostile faction and provide a chance I get Luci to sell at a later date. So far I've only had 2 crippled members come back to raid again.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Can NPS go Luci mad off map? I'm assuming not?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Pharnakes posted:

Can NPS go Luci mad off map? I'm assuming not?

I'm assuming they get a source somewhere and always carry some with them. I've had Raiders with a luci need drop some when I down them.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Rynoto posted:

Death Rattle still works fine.

E: You probably meant raiders being downed which is Custom Death Randomness

Yeah the edited one is perfect, even mentions the discontinued one I was using. Thanks!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

LegoMan posted:

I'm assuming they get a source somewhere and always carry some with them. I've had Raiders with a luci need drop some when I down them.

This is, in fact, one of the ways people farm it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah it's precisely why people say they release their prisoners with luci needs. they always find a source and they'll eventually come back.

again, for my purposes it's way too much loving faff but you can do it if you like the idea of getting your enemies hooked on satanpills

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I actually forgot that the base game doesn't allow you to make Luci. What a mad world.

Related: after playing through the rogue planet scenario mod it really makes me hope Tynan will add official support for more of them. The world slowly getting colder and darker until it hits absolute zero is a significantly more interesting motivator to leave than the normal increasing raids from cassandra.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I decided to give this game a try today. On the second day of my first game, a hare on the other side of the loving map, with two mountains in the way, decided to 'go mad' and path directly to and attack a wooden door in my base. With two loving mountains in the way and having to path through a cave and ...

How the gently caress is this good game design?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ambaire posted:

I decided to give this game a try today. On the second day of my first game, a hare on the other side of the loving map, with two mountains in the way, decided to 'go mad' and path directly to and attack a wooden door in my base. With two loving mountains in the way and having to path through a cave and ...

Heffer posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Dying From Manhunters Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Squirrel Like Nigga Close Your Door Haha

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
The Misc. Incidents mod is pretty neat, but the artifacts could probably be balanced a little better for early game. Why yes my killbox with a few bone deadfall traps can probably take out around three raiders, but when those raiders come with triple rocket launchers/Doomsday Rockets/Smart Sniper rifles I feel that getting that kind of gear before I've gone one quadrum on the planet is kinda goofy. Locking Treasure opportunity but better behind a research is a good idea though.

E: the artifacts are just ridiculous early on. If its a good result you could get like 400 steel, or 200 hyperweave, or 80 glitterworld medicine. Or you might roll raiders who are sporting shieldbelts or miniguns or spacer and above level guns while your side is four dudes with auto-pistols.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 14, 2018

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Ambaire posted:

I had a crippled old turtle go mad on the other side of the map. It fell asleep and forgot about it before it could reach my colony.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

JESUS CHRIST!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Are there any mods that add repeatable researches/a reason to keep researchers around once you've finished the tech tree? The cult mod shows that repeated research is possible, at least...

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Id always thought a good repeatable research would be "agricultural Climate Study" or something.

Gives a minor bonus, 1-5% to growing and harvesting activities for one month, and research does not stack and expires at the end of the month.

Maybe doable via an agri-workbench or something? Something so it doesnt clash with normal ongoing research.

Uses both intellectual and growing?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I'd say stuff should stack, but keep the one-month decay and have each successive repeat be harder and harder the bigger the stack gets.

Same would go for like weapons research so you've got a better chance of making better guns, and so on for every other skill.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

There is a reasonable good researchable stats upgrade mod, though whether the balance conforms to your standards is as always a matter of taste. It has tech trees for productivity, harvesting efficiency, medical treatment success, you name it. At the end of the productivity and stack upgrade trees there is a repeatable research that continues to improve your stats.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I know it would break the game but I wish you could full on harvest freshly dead corpses.

Congrats, there is zero chance you will kill them now. Harvest his lungs, liver, heart, eyes, teeth, whatever. Hang the rest in effigy like in The Forest.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I know it would break the game but I wish you could full on harvest freshly dead corpses.

Congrats, there is zero chance you will kill them now. Harvest his lungs, liver, heart, eyes, teeth, whatever. Hang the rest in effigy like in The Forest.

There’s a mod for that!

Organ Harvesting I think it was called. I think you could also set it so it only spat out the artificial bits of a corpse.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Harvest Organs Post Mortem. If you're going to run this then I would highly suggest also running Stack XXL and toggling on the option for organs to be stackable.

It includes options to set various recovery rates based on medicine used and whether you can also harvest bionic parts.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It's amazing that every sickening thing I can think of already has six mods for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's amazing that every sickening thing I can think of already has six mods for it

This is literally a thing we do now. Like, you can sign up to be a donor when you get your liscense renewed.